Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Damned Wolfe

[CS2] Ragna General Discussion

How do you Play Ragna?  

185 members have voted

1. 1. How do you Play Ragna?

• Straight up Offense!
    • Bait in to Punish!
    • Defensive Punish!
    • Spam Hell's Fang and Inferno Divider moves!

My bad I looked that guide over multiple times and never saw anything like that in there. Also are you saying that after the second D hits i need to 3c or are you saying that somewhere in the combo prior to this i need to do a 2D or 3C?

Edit: Also since I wasn't clear enough it was from 5DD -> 22C

if your doing 5D to 22C then your doing it wrong.

there must be a 3C or 2D to down them before you can pick them up with 22C...in other words they must be in the downed state.

also your thinking 3C>5D>22C.

can anyone give me tips on dash canceling berial edge and carnage scissors. i have a tendency to mash dash and if i do get it by luck i never get to land the ideal follow ups after the dash-cancels.

:O

If you really want to dash after Belial Edge, you could RC it. same deal with Carnage scissors

(you can't dash cancels those moves)

:O

If you really want to dash after Belial Edge, you could RC it. same deal with Carnage scissors

(you can't dash cancels those moves)

but you can follow up both and need to follow up both with a dash for optimal stuff<_>

Bait in to Punish

When I was once an active Ragna user baiting attacks and punishing severely were the joys of using Ragna for myself. Now that CS is available for console I hardly plays as him to begin with. You'll find some old videos of myself in the signature of mine. If your wondering about the post, it's for the poll in this thread.

boop, just testing around with some stuff

2c fatal-3c-carnage scissors-dash 5B/5C-HF(1)-22c-X

gonna do some more testing around it, looks pretty crazy in general, but begs the question why do anything off fatal but blood kain 7k combos

if anyone can warrant 6k out of that setup lemme know, I'm working on it and have only been able to get around 5.3k

edit: actually on some of the cast you don't need to dash after CS at all, just throw out 5C and Hf(1) to 22c, fatal powahhh

5B+C, 214B -> delay 214D, (dash) 5B, 6A (HJC), j.D (JC), j.D, j.214C, 5D (1st hit), 214A -> 214D

Damage: 3029, Difficulty: **

4B+C, 214B -> delay 214D, (dash) 5B, 6A (HJC), j.C, j.D (JC), j.D, j.214C, 5D, 214A -> 214D

Damage: 3071, Difficulty: **

Can I get some quick tips with these combos? For whatever reason, I'm having difficulty landing the last hit (214D). What should the timing look like?

boop, just testing around with some stuff

2c fatal-3c-carnage scissors-dash 5B/5C-HF(1)-22c-X

gonna do some more testing around it, looks pretty crazy in general, but begs the question why do anything off fatal but blood kain 7k combos

if anyone can warrant 6k out of that setup lemme know, I'm working on it and have only been able to get around 5.3k

edit: actually on some of the cast you don't need to dash after CS at all, just throw out 5C and Hf(1) to 22c, fatal powahhh

I know it doesn't have that Hell's Fang in, but a quick test off the same starter got me the following combo:-

FC 2C, 3C, 632146D, dash 2C, 5D (DC), 6A (HJC), j.C (JC), j.C, j.214C, dash 5D, 22C, dash 5B, 3C, 22C

5796 damage. Works on the usual troublemakers, so I suspect it'll work on everyone. You just need to delay the Belial Edge ever so slightly to fix the height against some characters. You can up the damage to 5959 if you land a 5D (1st hit) before the Carnage Scissor, but it doesn't work on everyone, at least not well.

5B+C, 214B -> delay 214D, (dash) 5B, 6A (HJC), j.D (JC), j.D, j.214C, 5D (1st hit), 214A -> 214D

Damage: 3029, Difficulty: **

4B+C, 214B -> delay 214D, (dash) 5B, 6A (HJC), j.C, j.D (JC), j.D, j.214C, 5D, 214A -> 214D

Damage: 3071, Difficulty: **

Can I get some quick tips with these combos? For whatever reason, I'm having difficulty landing the last hit (214D). What should the timing look like?

Just delay the 214D. Try waiting until they start to descend into the air, then hit it.

I think you can just leave out the 214D for little consequence in your combos, though...

i finally got the hang of double belial edge combos, but it's hard to implement them online. /QQ

also, what are some good moves to do when the round starts?

i always just toss a 5b if they just stand or try to attack and combo from there if it hits. but what if i know they are gonna back dash or jump?

also am i the only person who calls gauntlet hades + follow up Double Rainbow?

i finally got the hang of double belial edge combos, but it's hard to implement them online. /QQ

also, what are some good moves to do when the round starts?

i always just toss a 5b if they just stand or try to attack and combo from there if it hits. but what if i know they are gonna back dash or jump?

nothing's safe at the start of the round, just focus on poking, catching them not looking for an IAD, or use your range to move in slowly

Block at round start is always good. Pretty much any passive action, really. Don't do any attacks unless you are 100% confident in their safety, or 100% confident that you know what your opponent is going to do.

I've seen in vids Ragnas start rounds with TK GH and land it for massive damage.

It never works when I do it though =/

So I usually just see what they do first.

that shit works wonders. i got hit by it alot.

In the rag vs rag match, hell's fang beats that clean and you get a counter hit too so big combo. 6a at round start works ok too, it's hard to get whiff punished, but you do lose the match momentum if they move in.

any tips for the 6d j.d whiff bk combo from 2c 6c? have been trying for about an hour with only 1 or 2 successful combos

FC 2C, 6C, 214214D, dash 6D, delay j.D (whiff), 6D (JC), delay j.D, 6D, delay j.D (whiff), 214B -> delay 214D, 6D (JC), delay j.D, hj.D (JC), j.D, j.214C, 632146D

is the one i'm having trouble with

You need to have 3C in the combo or start with 2D to cancel into it. Once you do that, you have to be right next to them after the combo to cancel into 22C.

yeah tried that and it works and all, but i've seen matches and combo tutorials were Ragna players use 22C right after 5D. I want to be able to learn how to pull that off. It probably does more damage too.

This question gets asked on a weekly basis, and the answer is simple. The opponent had to have been knocked down earlier in the combo to pick them up. So, prior to the 22C you would need to hit the opponent with 3C or 2D. You can also do the 22C in other weird scenarios, such as when a Berial Edge blue beats mid edge.