Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Damned Wolfe

[CS2] Ragna General Discussion

How do you Play Ragna?  

185 members have voted

1. 1. How do you Play Ragna?

• Straight up Offense!
    • Bait in to Punish!
    • Defensive Punish!
    • Spam Hell's Fang and Inferno Divider moves!

Who still do CT combos as Ragna? I mean like the really long ones with strict timing. I'll throw some examples out later but I realized by doing some of my favorite old tricks. They're no longer legit or the hit stun is so minimal they'll tech before the ID as for example. Please do loops from the looks of it.

combo examples

GH (max delayed) 5b 5d (one hit) GH (max delayed) 5b (D) ID <---Techs before D ID

5b 6a GH (max delayed) 5b 6a j*5c 5d 5c (D) ID <----Techs somewhere between the 5c or 5d

6c (skoop them up) GH (max delayed) 5b 6a 5d HF <---Techs in the first hit of 5d

There's more but come on.

stay ignorant and thinking you are gdlk

theres such a thing as repeat move proration in CS, bud.

stay ignorant and thinking you are gdlk

theres such a thing as repeat move proration in CS, bud.

Is there a moment when your not trying to piss me off? How about you be helpful and not cause problems for people?

Last time I checked I haven't really said shit about you. So lay off my dick. Your getting kind of full of yourself.

Causing problems for people?

Well, i told you why most old combos wont work.

also lmao

stay salty

also lmao

stay salty

Salty? You're the one calling people ignorant. You can't use "umadbrah" if you, yourself threw the first stone, bud.

why no Ragna vs. Jin matchup topic yet? :I:

Edit: No Ragna vs. Noel either :/

6A is your best friend against both of these girls.:kitty: Yes,I refer to Jin as a gril because of his retarded girly ass hitboxes.

also lmao

stay salty

like what FunkyChunkyDude just said calling people ignorant and saying stuff like "stay salty" after such insults is the pot calling the kettle black. If anything you're causing people problems with such posts. Kindly take it to PMs, do not do it here.

why no Ragna vs. Jin matchup topic yet? :I:

Edit: No Ragna vs. Noel either :/

Feel free to make them if you want, and specify what exactly it is that's giving you trouble in the match. Maybe people can provide some useful info. But I find that 90% of the time match up threads are filled with worthless junk anyway. Best way to learn a match up is training mode+record feature and playing matches.

So I was having lunch the other day and watching a Kaqn match think it was Kaqn(Ragna) vs Dennou(Bang)... when I notice him doing 3C>IAD>j.C into whatever other blockstring, crossed him up too. What's people's opinions on that one? Or has it been said already and I missed it?

IAD = instant air dash? I think I know what you are talking about and that cross up looks insanely useful. Only it's not jC, it's jD followed by RC as far as i recall. Does anyone know the trick to landing the jD? Whenever I tried, it failed, it either wiffs of I do it too late =(.

IAD = instant air dash? I think I know what you are talking about and that cross up looks insanely useful. Only it's not jC, it's jD followed by RC as far as i recall. Does anyone know the trick to landing the jD? Whenever I tried, it failed, it either wiffs of I do it too late =(.

IAD is indeed Instant Air Dash, and actually, I just said jC because that's what came to mind, but he was doing more than just jC. He did stuff like IAD>ID>rapid too.

You can use 3C or any other jump cancel move in a block string and IAD, JC to crossup. You have to delay the JC a lot though and it's kind of slow, easy to block. IAD, ID, rapid is the way to go. I'm pretty sure IAD, JD will whiff no matter what though.

There's no trick to it, it's all timing based. Practice against Tager first as it's much easier to do it against him. Also, I would save a gimmick like this for ending a match, your meter has alot of other uses.

I would save a gimmick like this for ending a match, your meter has alot of other uses.

This. However in the situations I see myself in, I am able to do this, just don't know what my options are if I were to IAD after 3C. I'd probably end up using meter for like 3C>TK GH>rapid>whatever but 3C>TK GH hates me for some reason.

Just played mostly with not_mad_t3a_party, his Hazama is very solid He should be used to Ragna though since he plays with Veteru a lot.

We've played around 6 matches EVER, all on the same day. I barely know the guy, and we live approximately 800~1000 miles from each other.

We've played around 6 matches EVER, all on the same day. I barely know the guy, and we live approximately 800~1000 miles from each other.

ah, :/ but I did see that ASTROLL FINISH you did to Dacidbro, mad props for that.

So after messing with IAD>ID>RC I've gotten...

3C>IAD>ID>RC falling jC>basic Ragna BnB for 4.4k.

The way I've been messing with this is the IAD>ID>RC is meant to give people a false sense of security so they get hit with that over head into combo, though it's more of a gimmick then, since I do the ID before I can crossup my opponent.

VETERU TOOK A BREAK FROM DFO TO POST?

WTF?

<3

I'm having trouble with Grab>GH>dash 5B

The combo chart says it's only two stars hard which to me shouldn't be too tricky. But I'm having trouble between knowing how long I have to delay the second hit of GH and then knowing how strict that Dash into 5B is.

Hello!!

I searched for an introduction thread but I couldn't find it so I thought I'll introduce myself on my char sub-forum.

I’m new to BBCS and I've never played BBCT nor GG so I know I have a lot to learn and I hope the more experienced players can help me down this bumpy road.

I've been playing SF4 since release and I wanted to try something new and different, hence BBCS. I mained Boxer in SF4 so my execution isn't that great with motions (I use an arcade stick) and my friends suggested I should start with Ragna because he is one of the easiest chars to learn (prolly/hopefully hard to master) and that just suits me because I don't have that much time to dedicate to fighting games nowadays.

I've been lurking the forums for about 2 months and more intensely since I bought the game and I'm already having some problems and I didn't even completed the tutorial yet :(

So now that you know where I'm coming from I have a couple of questions regarding the tutorial. Once again I searched for a tutorial specific thread but I didn't found any.

1. on the CH HF dash 5B, 5C, HF + follow up combo I can't get the dash to come out. I completed this one without the dash but I want to learn how to it properly.

2. on the FC 2C, 5D dc 5D dc 5D. I'm stuck on this one. I've managed to combo into the 2nd 5D after the dash but it's mostly accidentally. Sometimes it combos, sometimes the 5D 1st hit whiffs, sometimes the 5D 1st hit gets blocked and sometimes the 5D 1st hits as CH. I've tried to time it, mash it, hold D after dash, etc. How should I do it and how to know if I'm doing it to late or to soon?

3. if you hold A,B,C or D the game repeats the input for 5f correct? How can I take advantage of this?

That's all for now.

Cheers

1. on the CH HF dash 5B, 5C, HF + follow up combo I can't get the dash to come out. I completed this one without the dash but I want to learn how to it properly.
You're probably just trying to dash too early, it's a common issue. CH 214A gives you plenty of time to act, so wait until it's clear that Ragna has recovered before inputting the dash.

2. on the FC 2C, 5D dc 5D dc 5D. I'm stuck on this one. I've managed to combo into the 2nd 5D after the dash but it's mostly accidentally. Sometimes it combos, sometimes the 5D 1st hit whiffs, sometimes the 5D 1st hit gets blocked and sometimes the 5D 1st hits as CH. I've tried to time it, mash it, hold D after dash, etc. How should I do it and how to know if I'm doing it to late or to soon?
Don't know what to tell you there, it's just a case of timing. Dash cancel as soon as the second hit of 5D connects, then do another 5D as soon as you recover from the dash. Also, it should go without saying, but make sure you're close when you land the Fatal Counter.

3. if you hold A,B,C or D the game repeats the input for 5f correct? How can I take advantage of this?
Odds are good that you've already taken advantage of it many times before now, but you just haven't realised. It's helpful on a mostly subliminal level. The most overt use for it is generally comboing off of something that takes a while to recover from. 3C/2D into 2B, 5C or 22C into 5B, for instance.

Thx for the answers Final_Ultima.

One more thing if I may. Is there a tutorial video for Ragna? All videos seems to be about combos and I need something that explains what should be my approach, better range to be in, etc. Right now I'm felling 5B is his main poke and I should be at a distance where I can hit something like 5B, 5C, 5D/special and go from there. But I need some kind of confirmation on this and how to approach from the air because right now I don't have a clue.

But as said above I didn't completed tutorial mode yet nor Ragna Challenges, and I haven't played arcade/story mode so maybe that's something that will be shown to me when I play a bit more.

It also helps a lot with getting moves to connect after dash canceling 5D.

As for approaching, it's something that will take time to get used to. Watching vids of good Ragnas helps. You can make use of dash breaking (barrier block while running, enables blocking immediately from running) to move in more safely on the ground, and double jumps/air dashes to get in from the air. Remember to air barrier when you're in the air and the opponent is on the ground, as there are many anti-air moves you have to barrier in the air.