Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Damned Wolfe

[CS2] Ragna General Discussion

How do you Play Ragna?  

185 members have voted

1. 1. How do you Play Ragna?

• Straight up Offense!
    • Bait in to Punish!
    • Defensive Punish!
    • Spam Hell's Fang and Inferno Divider moves!

Hey fellas, quick question and maybe you more experienced ragnas can shed some light on the combo for me. Is there any secret to starting the air combo after you hit someone with a 6c, DC, 5D. The jump is getting me , i usually dont jump quick enough to him them with the j.b to continue the combo, is there something i need to change. is the combo better if you jump cancel or is it just a normal double jump with hits inbetween to a BE.

after the 5D dash cancel just hold up and get the timing when your jump is coming out, then press B when you know the jump is coming since the 5 frame buffer will let it hit on the first frame of the jump

alternatively, if the character is close enough you can just do 6c-dc-5d-dc-6A instead, just have to hit them lower on the 6C's fall arc

Try 6A CH DC 5B 5D instead, Helps with the timing for me. And it's only in certain situations where you can j.B j.C j.C Berial

if you 6C>DC>5D sometimes you get crossed up and 5D whiffs

6C>DC>6A works much better IMO

I do not know if it works against all the characters, but ... 6c> DC> 2c> 5d> dc> jb> jc> jc> b.edge finisher works very well with me, I can easily reach 4k ...

Note BCSII: What you guys think about 5b>6a>5c>5d>DC>j.b>j.c>j.c>b.edge finisher? It seems that the "6A" will be weaker. If this is confirmed, this may affect the final damage, I think the option to use "Jb" will definitely become better, maybe even turn the default instead of "DC> 6A" ...

logically this is a guess, after all, "D.spike" combos can end up becoming "combo tool" far better than the aforementioned ...

Hi.

This is my first post, I generally just lurk, but I found a combo that I haven't seen posted yet.

It's not TERRIBLY effective, about *** difficulty to pull off, but it LOOKS really impressive, I was at a decently competitive BB tournament at an anime convention the other day and pulled it off, and folks went absolutely bonkers.

Requires 50% Heat

5B, 3C, 623D (RC after last hit), j.C, 214C, dash 6D, j.D, (JC) j.C, 214C, 5D, 22C, 5B (I can't get the dash 5B 3C 22C yet cos I'm not good enough, so damage+heat is taken without it).

Without the extra 22C which may be possible

3470 Damage

46 Heat

So not only is it a cool combo, also gets almost all your heat back from use.

5B, 3C, 623D (RC after last hit), j.C, 214C, dash 6D, j.D, (JC) j.C, 214C, 5D, 22C, 5B (I can't get the dash 5B 3C 22C yet cos I'm not good enough, so damage+heat is taken without it).

Without the extra 22C which may be possible

3470 Damage

46 Heat

So not only is it a cool combo, also gets almost all your heat back from use.

But you can do more damage off a 5B without even using any meter :I:

one example (taken from first post):

5B, 3C, 5D (DC), 5C (HJC), j.C, j.D (JC), j.C, j.214C, dash 6D, j.D (JC), j.C, j.214C, dash 5D, 22C

Damage: 4010

Posts moved because VR-Raiden has a good point. Even if the 3C hits at max range, a 2B, 5C relaunch will get the job done.

But you can do more damage off a 5B without even using any meter :I:

one example (taken from first post):

5B, 3C, 5D (DC), 5C (HJC), j.C, j.D (JC), j.C, j.214C, dash 6D, j.D (JC), j.C, j.214C, dash 5D, 22C

Damage: 4010

Ah, well I guess if you ever happen to have half bar and are in the middle of an ID, it's still something you can chain too. I guess I just like the idea of RCing ID into BE XD

I'd liek to ask a question

I've seen Kaqn use short dash forward 6a sjc jD, (JC), jC, belial edge after any combo that ends with belial edge mid screen...my question is, is there any specific starter we have to do only allow a certain number of hits? When i try this, either they tech during jC (probably me not doing it fast enough) or my belial edge isnt positioned well and they tech when i reach the ground after 2nd belial edge

Most likely the reason you're not being able to pull it off is for two things.

1. Proration. You probably used too many moves prior to the BE or moves that have low proration. This one's not really an issue. Think of it this way: if you can judge that you are able to do 6D j.D after the first BE, then you can replace that with 6A j.D j.C just fine.

2. You're doing 6A too late. You'll have to do 6A without any dashes and immediately after the first BE bounce. Otherwise the height you'll be at after j.C won't match and the opponent will be able to tech once the second BE is done.

On an unrelated note, I discovered that counter 6C OTG combos really do some damage, most I could get using that was 4.6k.

You guys ever just lose your mojo for a week or so? For the life of me i cannot jc after hitting someone with a common pre-launch combo in the corner (ending in 6a) All the other launchers im doing actually better then i use to... Used to hit it 90 to 95% of the time , now im down to 30% or 40% and while if you just use j.c 2x instead of j.c, j.d , j.c. you can still BE and its not a HUGE deal (well sorta) its still driving me insane. Anyway just a rant, im sure ill be able to do it with consistancy again soon.

I've been trying to do that 6A (HJC) > j.D (JC) > j.C > BE for midscreen double BE combos myself, I can get it to work from all the usual starters except 5B > 3C > 5D(DC). Seems like it doesn't work if you use 5D(DC), the last j.C misses. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Hey guys, got a question: Are GH and j.GH considered two different moves? (just GH not the spin kick) Like using one wouldn't trigger the other's repeat move proration?

Hey guys, got a question: Are GH and j.GH considered two different moves? (just GH not the spin kick) Like using one wouldn't trigger the other's repeat move proration?

they are, and you're correct in assuming it doesn't, some of the highest non-fatal meterless combos come off a TK GH counter hit and involve a grounded GH

Just buffer the 22C during the animation of 5D. So you'll basically be inputting 22C right after you press 5D; but not too early or you'll do 5D (1) then 22C.

Edit: Next Post: And yeah, that too :v:

No no, he means that, in the same combo, you should have done a move that knocks the opponent down (like 3C and 2D) somewhere earlier in the combo, to be able to use 22C on them later on them. For example, 5b> 3c> 5d> 22c works.

Would it be safe to say that one should only focus on more basic BnBs before going for Belial Edge combos? Because then there's guaranteed damage and knockdown from a combo that's safer because you can actually do it instead of fumbling around going for a BE combo off the bat and risk getting punished for dropping anything.

Also, 3C->5D(1)->22C works, just harder to time. Plus for those having problems with ending double BE combos with 22C, after the second BE, dash forward a small bit, then input 5D(2)->22C. If you can't do that yet, just end it in HF->followup or ID->Axe kick knockdown.

j.C is a good way to catch people running ahead, but what can I do off of a CH j.C? I usually just (JC)j.D->ID->axe kick.

if it's anti-air CH j.C, you can do dash 5B > 5D> j.B > J.C > djc > j.C >j.214C > 6D > j.D > j.214C > 5D > w/e ender you want (3C for reset/mixup, HF for damage/corner positioning, or ID for HP gain/meter)