Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Damned Wolfe

[CS2] Ragna General Discussion

How do you Play Ragna?  

185 members have voted

1. 1. How do you Play Ragna?

• Straight up Offense!
    • Bait in to Punish!
    • Defensive Punish!
    • Spam Hell's Fang and Inferno Divider moves!

I just picked up how to do it in training mode in a few minutes. The trick is to time the uppercut and falling jC just right, then jump cancel into whatever>BE or just go straight into BE.

DISCLAIMER: May or may not work on everyone.

I've seen a video of something similar done on a Hakumen, so it might work on everyone.

EDIT: Will probably test this myself, I kinda like the looks of it. That timing though :vbang:

DI0793, wtf are you talking about, there is no jump cancel in that combo. Falling jC cancels into BE before you touch the ground.

So far I tested it on Tao, Tager and Hakumen. I assume this works on Rachel as well, haven't tried it though. It's very easy to land this combo on Tager, so I suggest you practice on him first.

Quick question, on a 2d combo, do i just need to get my timing down or is it chance that 5c will hit after the 5d? For example, 2d,5c,5d dash (now 6a if youre close enough thats a given) but 5c seems to be very hit and miss. While i only put 10 or so minutes into it training mode it was definitely more a rarity then certainty.

Quick question, on a 2d combo, do i just need to get my timing down or is it chance that 5c will hit after the 5d? For example, 2d,5c,5d dash (now 6a if youre close enough thats a given) but 5c seems to be very hit and miss. While i only put 10 or so minutes into it training mode it was definitely more a rarity then certainty.

5C proration is ass, since your combo has two of them, you're going to get bad results

5C proration is ass, since your combo has two of them, you're going to get bad results

better just to make sure to try and 6a it or dash jb

what? dude 2B has worse PROration then 5c. Course I'm sure you mean same move proration so it's cool as ice, dude.

Anyway. Combo man. (CROMNUS.)

The general idea for a 2D combo is 2D>2B>5C>2+9/Superjump>JC>JD>9>JD>214JC>66DD>9>JC>214JC>Ender.

I think.

Counter hit combo involves a 6C, and if you get a point-blank 2D hit or cancel it and are feeling like a badass you can do a triple 22C combo.

oh WOW the thingie in that YT vid thingie was AMAZIFIYIN'. Woaaaa.

pretty impractical, but it's a really good hit confirm setup in the corner and a solid way to get 22c oki without having to rely on 3c

More practical than it seems, actually.

Unfortunately, only seems to work on the 4 characters already mentioned (Rachel, Tao, Tager, Hakumen). Sad, but makes those matchups slightly more interesting.

We all know (possibly everyone) that CSII is coming out next month. Before that comes out and we all lose interest in CSI to only watch CSII videos.

SPEAKING OF CSI RAGNA

-What did you like most about Ragna?

-What was your worst match-up?

What I like about Ragna now is that he is capable of performing just like his CT counterpart. Everything you loved doing carried over and with BE. It looks that much better. (Even if it wasn't favored amongst other players.

My worst match-up changed from Taokaka to Bang. Bang is just too awesome in this game. He has the right counters for anything you do and can punish it so well it makes you think twice about your approach.

My worst match ups must be Litchi, Arakune and Valkenhein.

Litchi - getting hit even once pretty much means you lost, vs competent players of course.

Arakune - his hitbox is so retarded, MANY dropped combos 'cause of that.

Valk - He is just a better character at everything.

Can't wait for CS2

Why never SEE only ragna in the top 8 at SBO for CT and CS ? :gonk:

Too many people know his gameplay and predict his technique ?

Or the probleme is only because he have just 10000 HP ? :(

I see more Jin in CS that Ragna at SBO .....!!!! > BUT Jin have a good gameplay and 11 500 HP !!

Ragna is not a top caractere in very hight level ???? :mad:

What is your opinion about the problme of playing ragna in tournament with very hight level ? :psyduck:

Exemple : Kaqn is the best ragna in the world but never in top 8 at SBO but he can beat anyone when he wants ex: dora, tetsu, fio, ...

What I like about CS1 Ragna? His lifegain's been fixed, his ax kick gained a life gain property, and BE's cool, but I don't like how every combo funnels into BE. I would've liked Ragna more if BE was an air-to-ground combo ender, so that we would have to choose which aerial combo ender to use (ID>straight, ID>ax kick or BE). That and his many same move proration moves. He has the most same move proration normals out of all the cast, with some specials to boot.

Ok, so I ended up whining a little, but I told you what I liked about him, didn't I?!

My worst match-ups: Tager. I hate how I have to be REALLY careful around him, because of Ragna's low health, and Ragna has no choice but to get a bit too close for comfort to hit Tager, where I'm at high risk of eating a 360 or worse, a 720 and get magnetized. And a Tager that can adapt (i.e. a good player who plays Tager) can adapt to me jumping after i end a blockstring, so I eat a collider and get magnetized.

Yeah, maybe I'm a scrub, but the question was "What's your worst match-up?"

Kune is my worst matchup bar none, it just feels like while you can get a solid rushdown going and get a lot of momentum he always has the opportunity to get out and even without curse zoning against him is unbelievably hard.

CS Ragna feels iffy, while I love his meter gain, damage and oki, I still feel like he needs more mixup in general instead of high meter/damage, with the removal of ID wallbounce and CS bounce(for crossunder ET mixup) I can't really say how he's going to look in CS2 other than generally weaker, but so is a large portion of the cast.

I wish someone would've tested blood kain at least a little in BBCS2, I still want it to be a staple in his game post-burst or even pre-burst if you got dat yomi

Why never SEE only ragna in the top 8 at SBO for CT and CS ? :gonk:

Too many people know his gameplay and predict his technique ?

Or the probleme is only because he have just 10000 HP ? :(

I see more Jin in CS that Ragna at SBO .....!!!! > BUT Jin have a good gameplay and 11 500 HP !!

Ragna is not a top caractere in very hight level ???? :mad:

What is your opinion about the problme of playing ragna in tournament with very hight level ? :psyduck:

Exemple : Kaqn is the best ragna in the world but never in top 8 at SBO but he can beat anyone when he wants ex: dora, tetsu, fio, ...

bad matchups with who's considered the top characters in japan, subpar mixup, bad zoning make for a pretty hard time getting far in SBO

@above: while ragna has a lot of Same Move Proration, if he didn't, his average damage would probably be more around 4.5k rather than 3.5-4, plus, his best prorated move(2c) is a fatal and has no SMP

If you have trouble against Arakune when it comes to actually dealing with his hitboxes stay with safe combos like -

5B -> 6A -> 5D (1 hit) -> GH -> Max Delay Keri Age -> 5C -> SJC -> j.B, j.C -> JC -> j.C -> Belial Edge -> Stuff

I think the j.B can be replaced by a j.C if you have good timing, but I wouldn't risk it online since it's somewhat tight.

I know for a fact though that

5B -> 6A -> 5D (2 hit) -> DC -> j.B, etc

Does not connect on Arakune, making the other combo more optimal if you're going for 5B -> 6A things against him.

Also, stuff like

6C -> Dash -> 5D (1 hit) -> GH -> Max Delay Keri Age -> 5C -> SJC -> j.C, j.D -> JC -> j.C -> BE -> Dash -> 6D -> j.D -> JC -> j.C ->BE -> 5D -> ID (D)

Gives around 4.4k damage I want to say and a ridiculous 58+ or so meter (And works on Ara). Don't be afraid to throw in 6C after 2C gatling every now and then, I feel like most Ragnas forget how anti-american that is.

problem with 5B 6A is range. I've recently changed up my game vs Ara, for instance 5b 3c I always follow up with 2b 5c instead of 5d, also instead of 6a launched (if I was forced to use 5d) I use jB, works in many cases, but sometimes wiffs. Serious annoyance of this character is that he is constantly in the air, making it tougher to set up combos, and sometimes I feel like his stupid back dashing is even better than a reversal.

@Ladon: If 2C had same move prorate then that's almost all of Ragna's non-Drive good ground normals gone. Seriously, 5b, 5c, 6a, 3c already have it. That's four normals. The rest of his ground non-Drive normals have poor proration already, with the exception of 6C and 6B, but it's impossible to hit with those two more than once in the same combo. And 2C is hard to hit with usually, with it's relatively poor range and slower start-up. I know, it was necessary because BE was introduced into Ragna's movelist, it all balances out because of how powerful BE is. Sorry if that sounded like a rant, that isn't my intention.

I like Ragna, but the way he plays now irks me. I hoped they'd fix him so that he'd be great to play again, but with all the huge changes in the loketests, I feel like going into denial and just say "Oh those Japanese and their trolling."

My worst matchup is Carl, mainly because of how few players there are.

Of course with that concept I could say that Tsubaki and Mu are one of my worst matchups, but Carl's just pokes out.

I seem to have a problem with ending this combo:

5B, 3C, 5D (DC), 6A, (HJC) j.C, j.D, j.C, BE, 6D, j.D, j.C, BE, 5D, 22C*

* I can't seem to get 22C in after 5D. I DC after 5D, but the opponent just techs out.

I think I'm not close enough, or I'm not landing 5D correctly.

You don't dash cancel after the last 5D. Just 22C immediately after the 2nd hit of 5D hits. Don't forget to dash a bit after the last BE so that you get a bit closer to the opponent.