Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Damned Wolfe

[CS2] Ragna General Discussion

How do you Play Ragna?  

185 members have voted

1. 1. How do you Play Ragna?

• Straight up Offense!
    • Bait in to Punish!
    • Defensive Punish!
    • Spam Hell's Fang and Inferno Divider moves!

So I've been working on combos from a life steal point of view recently. My current 5B combo is:

5B 6A j.C j.D j.D j.214C 6DD j.B j.623D 236C 214D

This does about 3.2k. I'm aware ~3.8k is possible with 5B 3C 5D dash cancel shenanigans.

But anyway. Is there a meterless midscreen 5B combo that steals more life than the one I posted? Preferably one that doesn't do awful damage.

Also, feels like after the 6DD I should be able to get another j.D in somehow, but I don't seem to have the untechable time left. j.B j.D or whatever makes the j.D whiff. Thoughts?

Why not just do double BE braindead stuff?

5B 3C 5D DC 6A j.C j.D j.C j.214C (DC) dash 6DD j.C j.214C (DC) 5D 623D 236C 214D

The life your one steals : 390 (I think? Do both D-ID hits hit?)

The life this one steals : 560. I think it does about 3.6k. And you can switch out D-ID for 22C to break 4k.

EDIT : Changed DC to dash.

I do get both hits of the ID. That's why I threw the last j.B in there. Gives enough height. Also more damage.

j.C after 6DD? I didn't think it was possible. But maybe it's 'cos your combo has less proration. And huh, no idea you could dash cancel Belial Edge. That makes it even better than I'd thought.

My god, Ragna does too much damage. I love it. And to think I used to do 5B 5C Hell's Fang nonsense...

Woops... My bad. You can't DC BE, but you need to add a dash after it to connect the 6DD (Unless you are in corner).

Overall though, lifesteal comboes don't seem that great (outside BK). 3 or so of the above combo would probably kill most people. So that would only be about 1~2k. =(.

I do get both hits of the ID. That's why I threw the last j.B in there. Gives enough height. Also more damage.

j.C after 6DD? I didn't think it was possible. But maybe it's 'cos your combo has less proration. And huh, no idea you could dash cancel Belial Edge. That makes it even better than I'd thought.

My god, Ragna does too much damage. I love it. And to think I used to do 5B 5C Hell's Fang nonsense...

You think Ragna does damage? Look at Valkenhayn rofl.

Happy B-day Ragna. May your 5B stay strong and cause rage amongst those who cant deal with it.

Today's his birthday? Woot! 5B seperates the men from the boys.

I came up with a thought about Ragna's CS1 fatal combo, and here's what I think. Let's take the fatal 6k meterless combo:

FC 2C > 3C > 22C > dash 5B > 2C > 6C > dash 6B > 22C > dash 2B > 2C > 6C > dash j.C > jc j.C > BE > 5D > 22C > 5B > 3C > 22C

And I'm thinking to myself, "That 2B dash link is only 2 frames, and is 1 frame more than a 1 frame link! I'm not pro enough to do a 1 frame link, let alone a 2 frame one!"

So then I messed around in training mode. I discovered that replacing 2B with 2A still keeps the combo going. I actually only lose 100 damage (resulting in 5.9k) but the combo turns out to be very stable and easy to perform. It's very likely that this combo can become a staple fatal combo in a tournament setting (and perhaps even online :O).

Just a thought.

It's actually a 4 frame link. 22C is +10 in Continuum Shift (the frame data lists it erroneously as +9, I believe) and 2B becomes active in 9 frames, so that's already a two frame leeway, then just add the extra couple of frames you get from a Fatal Counter.

If 22C is +10 and 2B is 9 frames, wouldn't that be a 1 frame link since 1 frame is needed for the dash?

If 22C is +10 and 2B is 9 frames, wouldn't that be a 1 frame link since 1 frame is needed for the dash?
Ah, that's right, my bad. That's make it 3 frames plus the Fatal Counter then.

Huh. Wasn't aware it was listed incorrectly.
I didn't notice at first either. It wasn't until I was experimenting prior to the last combo I posted that I realised that not only does dash 2B work after 22C as standard, but after a Fatal Counter combo into 22C, a 2C will connect on Tager.

FC 2C > 3C > 22C > dash 5B > 2C > 6C > dash 6B > 22C > dash 2B > 2C > 6C > dash j.C > jc j.C > BE > 5D > 22C > 5B > 3C > 22C

I just read this. Since I don't lurk around enough to know if that's standard or not, I'd like to say that this is pretty lulzy of a combo. 6B all day :D

Dash -> 6

2C -> 2

6C -> I tend to kinda roll the control over. So it becomes something like 236 =(...

I'm fine with 5B 3C though. I think the 5 between the dash and 3 makes it fine.

Are you trying to do like, the dash 5B 2C 6C after 22C in the FC combo? What I do is 5B, 1C, 6C to make sure 2C comes out instead of 3C or ID.

Edit: Oh, I can't read...

5B > 1C > 6C definitely prevents someone from doing an accidental ID. The angle from 1 to 6 misses the diagonal engage on sticks, and should also prevent you from rolling on pads.

Can anyone help me with this combo

C 2C, 6C, 214214D, dash 6D, delay j.D (whiff), 6D (JC), delay j.D, [6D, delay j.D (whiff)] x2, hj.D (delay JC), j.D, delay j.214C, 6D, j.D (JC), delay j.D, 5D, 632146D

Damage: 8018

CS "632146D" second hit doesn't connect

Alright I've been maining Ragna for a while now and im still at a pretty noob level. I am getting a better grasp of combos and I just started learning about blockstrings, but one thing still bugs me:

more often than not ill be using Ragna and I'll pull off a basic bnb, like 5B>5C>214A>214D, and afterwards I'll be some distance from my opponent. It occurs either in the above situation or after certain blockstrings from my opponents themselves. My question is: what is the best way to close this distance without leaving myself open for punishment? I know that sounds like such a noob question but I've been looking at my replays and it seems I really stumble on this issue.

Currently, i instinctively use Hell's Fang to move in on my opponent, and know I realize how stupid that is, since it only worked on the weakest players before, and now against better people i get punished everytime. Plus, even when it hits, I still have another distance to close if I use Tsuika. I know blindly dashing is out, as that is what I did when I first got this game, before I even knew anything about it, and that didn't work. The answer to my problems is probably something really easy, i'm just not seeing it i guess.

Some helpful advice would be priceless here :D plz

Using Barrier while dashing is a safe way to approach an opponent and Chicken Blocking. Other than that, using Dash 5B and Dash 6A (If they like airdashing towards you) is viable too.

Using Barrier while dashing is a safe way to approach an opponent and Chicken Blocking. Other than that, using Dash 5B and Dash 6A (If they like airdashing towards you) is viable too.

thanks ill give that a try

and if you get a hitconfirm with Dash 5B, you can do:

1.5B>6A>5C>jc>J.C>jc>J.D>djc>J.C>j.214C>(dash)6D> J.D>jc>J.C>j.214C> Dash 5D> (623D,236C,214D or 214A + 214D) this combo takes them into the corner. The 623D finisher is for meter and heath gain, 214A + 214D is for damage and oki.

2. 5B>3C>2B>5C>j.c>J.C>J.D>djc>J.C>j.214C>Dash 3C>5D>22C. This combo has one of the reasons Ragna is so fierce in CS1, Mada Owari Janezou aka Its Not Over yet oki. From here, your opponent has to both tech and guess the next move you're going to make.

Practice your spacing and you'll have this down in no time. :]

XD Also, after Not Over Yet, some people won't tech at all, afraid of getting hit into a new combo. Against these people, you can hit them with 2A, then go for a green throw / throw reject miss.