Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Damned Wolfe

[CS2] Ragna General Discussion

How do you Play Ragna?  

185 members have voted

1. 1. How do you Play Ragna?

• Straight up Offense!
    • Bait in to Punish!
    • Defensive Punish!
    • Spam Hell's Fang and Inferno Divider moves!

Can anyone help me with this combo

C 2C, 6C, 214214D, dash 6D, delay j.D (whiff), 6D (JC), delay j.D, [6D, delay j.D (whiff)] x2, hj.D (delay JC), j.D, delay j.214C, 6D, j.D (JC), delay j.D, 5D, 632146D

Damage: 8018

CS "632146D" second hit doesn't connect

Is your first hit on BE hitting? If so, that may be why it's not working.

(that combo's weak for a FC 2C BK combo anyways :v:)

2. 5B>5C>3C>2B>5C>j.c>J.C>J.D>djc>J.C>j.214C>Dash 3C>5D>22C

i see what you did there with that 5C and 3C repeat prorations

i see what you did there with that 5C and 3C repeat prorations

Sorry for being human and making mistakes. Just do 5b 3c in the beginning and the 2nd 3C still work. Dash 5B catches back dashes cept for Tager's...For him if you suspect a backdash try a dash C Inferno Divider.

Hey i have a really basic question.

How to handle backdashers?

Use far-reaching normals to catch them when their backdash is finished.

Use far-reaching normals to catch them when their backdash is finished.

My opponents usually use it if i try to come in with a dash 5b, would it help to just keep dashing and throwing 5b out later help?

Also anybody know any good hit confirms for 2b or a 6a?

More often than not i get single hits in with these two moves but im always unable to throw something out that doesnt whiff or gets blocked.

They are usually counters too, albeit at max range.

for 2b

CH 2b > 3C > 5D > dc > 6A > jc> j.C > j.D > j.C > j.214c > dash 5D > 22C

for 6a

CH 6A > 5D > dc > j.B > j.C > j.C >j.214c > 6D > j.D > j.C > j.214.c >dash 5D > Hell's Fang + Tsuika or D Inferno Divider.

for 2b

CH 2b > 3C > 5D > dc > 6A > jc> j.C > j.D > j.C > j.214c > dash 5D > 22C

I assume you mean hjc here?

I swear to god... -_- If you know, then just do it.

It kind of confused me because I'm used to using hjc all the time. I didn't mean to act smart or anything or seem ungratefull. I really appreciate the help so thank you again. :)

oh,my bad.Just trying to help. But the first combo, you do need to do a regular jump otherwise BE will whiff.

EDIT: actually the whole combo will whiff. =w=

(after 200 pages of posts and convos I feel like I'm cuttin in here, jeez haha)

Hey guys, i'll put it this way:

I'm an average Ragna player. Admittedly I don't really watch video tutorials or read about combos, I just learn everythin myself through training. Which seems traditional and silly, but to each his own right? And lately as I was joining this forum I saw that Ragna has changed significantly in CS2. It's good I guess, but it's made me unsure about whether to just keep on keepin on, or to not bother. Don't get me wrong, I'm a serious Blaz-fag and Ragna fan, but i'm just wonderin what y'all think- A. keep on learning stuff till i might get to play CS2, or B- not bother with anything new until CS2

New stuff? Or new mechanics? New moves sounds like a learning experience. New mechanics sounds like reinventing the wheel. I'll always stick to Ragna sure enough (for his personality and design anyway) But I feel like I wanna know where's my head at before I run it into the ground.

Long winded explanation aside; is he even good? Weaker? Or will it be more- he's overpowered, but you need to learn soooo much for him

Theres already a lot of info about CS2 Ragna.

Still what I can say after seeing many videos is that Ragna is not a straight forward character anymore (that title belongs to noel and makoto for this year). His combos in midscreen will not go higher of 3k of damage without RC or CH, and in the corner 4K damage is usually the highes number that you will see. His pressure is a little better I believe, talking about frames. In general, he is far away more fun to play and watch. His combos are more strict because of spacing, you must look more for momentum than for damage, now one must really take advantage of a crouching opponent to land a 6C in combos like the Jin players, and you need to hit more to win (but this apply to most of the cast anyway).

To my eyes Ragna is still good and youll have a lot of fun except MAYBE agains the high-damage/braindead characters, this because Ragna deals less damage and has the same life, but those character still deal damage like if they were in CS, (they got frozen in time is what I say lol) meaning that one mistake against them is usually enought to lose the match. If someone disagree with this is more than welcome to say to me why, maybe that will change my perception of him lol.

Still you need to see some videos and make a decision by yourself man, no one can say to you if you'll truly like the new Ragna, watch and decide.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0DOwxHszY7I

This one is just an exampel but there are a lot more in the Ragna Continuum Shift II Video Thread, take 10 minutes to see some of them.

Im also planning to stick with Ragna, at worst he may become my casual/sub character but Ill not stop using him thats for sure.

I watched that video along with a CSII Ragna combo video. It made me cry inside to see 1. how long i've got to go before I'm that good and 2. how different fighting with him looks. But I feel that there's more room to breath in the sense that you can do alot more, he IS the bastard child of CT and CS Ragna, and if you whup ass with him then you've accomplished more than regular CS. I love CS Ragna anyway, but I just hope he'll still be fun to play above all and I can get good with him without worrying about other's opinions. I think he looks awkward, but if it feels good to use him then sure I'm game

Oh and there's Noel and Makoto to deal with

Noel, Makoto and Jin are quite a topic indeed, but not exactly because they are the top tiers now or because they may be braindead (they are not broken after all), but because they are characters that are already popular by themselves. Just go and see the Noel Forum to see how much hype is because she is top tier this year. So what I truly fear is that the network metagame may be destroyed because the massive wave of people that will use this characters. Hope Arksys can do something about this (if it becomes necessary) in the same way that capcom reacted to sentinel in the still new MVC3. Sentinel is overpowered but not broken, still because of how easy is to play/win with him everyone was using him and in consecuence it was affecting the diversity of characters int the ranked matches game. What happened? they already announced a patch to nerf him. Not because he is broke, but because 75% of the people in ranked matches and competitive play where using him.

And then the shift a few things around and that should hopefull solve things. Right? hahaha...

yeah anyway, we might as well nerf EVERYONE if people caved into popular demand like that. Ragz may just have his finest hour, I get more to learn and Noel is STILL stupid. Trust, I've seen how hype they are and yeah I get it that Noel's gonna be strong...er. If you ask me, Sentinel didn't deserve the health nerf. Rush down chars health? Are you mad? It's not right, he's huge. He's SENTINEL. But now people gotta think about how to play him now. Same with Ragz in a way. I woulda appreciated more moves and stuff, but NOT less damage and pushbacks. It's ok I guess as long as we can work it out, but somehow I think Ragna's gonna be more annoying because 1. he'll have to stick to yer ass EVEN MORE to put you down and 2. alot of his moves seem to move you around alot. Oh well, it'll be back to CT days where Ragz felt like badman (as HE SHOULD) and everyone else was the enemy :p rofl

Totally agree man, we can conclude that CS2 Ragna will require more effort to play properly, but is a good trade because he looks more awesome and fun to play :D

We need the patch now lol

Errghhh hmmm? Is Ragna really all that different? He's like the exact same. Just has better normals for the most part. (grrrrrr 6A)

Uhhhh yeah. I don't see how he has changed all that much.

I also don't see it possible for him to be much worse then he was in CS1, with the lack of changes he has received. Well I mean, sure. He has changes to just about every one of his moves. I could probably list them aloud if I wanted to. But as a character he's really the same. His damage in the corner is just about the same as in CS1. And don't anyone dare say THAT'S IN THE CORNER, because it's CS2. Like everyone only gets good damage in the corner. That's how the game works.

His average damage in the corner is NOT the same as CS1. His max damage isn't the same either. He is definitely weaker this time around.

It's easy to say "well, as a character, he's the same!", but the details matter. The inability to deal big damage anywhere on the screen thanks to BE nerf hurts him badly, because as a character, he tends to get his hits in more off of the other player's mistake, rather than his own offense. His pressure is better, but his mixups are the same, and 22C nerf means his ability to pressure someone after successfully landing a combo is weakened. Also, his meter gain was toned down overall, and a lot of his mixups are much more effective with an RC ready. Getting half bar off of every combo was very significant for Ragna in terms of his overall gameplan.

Whether or not he's still fun to play will be up to each individual player to decide, but there's no question that he's a weaker character in CS2. Saying he's "the same" is pretty inaccurate.

What I find fun about CS2 Ragna is that all his moves are now useful and his combos looks more flashy, but I agree with titanium: this ragna is probably the weakest we have seen so far because he got so many damage/heat nerfs and still has the same mixups which are already SO predictable, meaning, as Titanium said, that Ragna is as strong as the number of mistakes/stress that the opponent can get (I feel this is what prevented him from being top tier in CS).

Im so looking to try this new Ragna but again, if I feel that is just to painful/stressful to play him in serious matches then Ill leave him for casual play and look for another rushdown for serious games, like Tsubaki or Jin. Noel not because I never liked her even if her playstyle is cool, and Makoto is god tier. I love makoto in CS and is one of my favorite characters there, but I dont use god tiers that are also braindead or have an easy learning curve.

You're right. Both of you are, rather. I don't know what's up with some of the things I say sometimes. I know it's not alcohol, because I'm not 21 really......ah wellz. It's probably just the inexperience and foolishness of youth. On the other hand, growing older isn't exactly THAT cool, I mean, there's wrinkles and stuff.........choices, choices.

Anyway. What do you guys think about double jabs as starters? I used to think they were gravy. But now I'm starting to doubt myself. Hmmmm.

Double jabs as starters?

Naw, that'd mean you'd be subject to less damage overall in your combo. If you have to start a combo off 5A in the first place, you might as well end it with something that gives an advantageous knockdown to compensate for the damage.

Ragna can already do over 4k in the corner :psyduck:

You can probably use BK after using 6C. It seems to be the staple BK combo starter anyways. If the BK combos are done right, he can grab at least 5k.

Hey guys, I've got a question about a combo i'm doing. Since I'm not too into the numbers thing I'll explain it like this:

standing D, dash cancel, standing C, high jump cancel, air C, D, jump air C, Belial edge, standing D, gaunlet hades (both hits), rapid cancel, forward A, high jump cancel, air C, air D...(air D doesn't work)

My question is that is there anything I can do from there instead of air D? Cause I tried air C and they recover. Is it a matter of timing or does it not work at all