Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Damned Wolfe

[CS2] Ragna General Discussion

How do you Play Ragna?  

185 members have voted

1. 1. How do you Play Ragna?

• Straight up Offense!
    • Bait in to Punish!
    • Defensive Punish!
    • Spam Hell's Fang and Inferno Divider moves!

Posted ImageWelcome to Ragna the Bloodedge General Discussion. All posts regarding Ragna's general game play go here. If you wish to discuss Ragna in the context of the story, please go to the appropriate storyline thread in BlazBlue General.

Read the Ragna the Bloodedge 101 thread before posting, and make sure to check the Frequently Asked Questions section before asking for help. If you wish to post a new combo, please post it in the combos thread, but all combo discussion goes here. There is no need to make a new thread for a single question. Thank you.

Judging from one of the matches in the TRF live feed, Yami ni Kuwarero can hit aerial opponents, and based on the Haku-Men and v -13- fight on YouTube, the life regain from it is about 60-65%. Also, that dash cancel of his seems to lead into some pretty nice damage. I can't recall which move the Ragna player on the live feed tended to dash from (whichever normal is the Danzai-ish looking one), but it lead into 6A, air combo. It worked in the corner on pretty much everyone I saw him try it on, and it worked mid-screen against a couple of characters at least.

I doubt Carnage Scissor being invincible. At a loke test Ragna was beaten by Noel's projectile at the end of a round(when Pachi was playing as Ragna) And Yami ni Kuwareru's hittable box is too big x.x

couple things i noticed in vids: apparently you can combo after heel drop if you RC it? i saw it in one of the earlier geesendou vids (like first 6 or so), dunno if it was valid/invalid or what also yeah it looks like you can combo after brush aside if you have good distance so.... could this result in a combo that was like... gatling -> launcher (6C(1)?) -> aircombo -> inferno divider, upper, heel drop RC -> land, launcher or land aircombo? -> inferno divider, upper, brush aside -> land, launcher....desired followup lol maybe into heel drop for close knockdown i don't know it's a stretch but if you can combo after heel drop RC like i saw it's probably at least possible on tager because he is so ridiculously massive oh, and the initial post isn't completely in a/b/c/d, some of it is still in w/m/s so now it's REALLY confusing with both o_o

Note that you don't have to RC the heel drop in order to attack after it. I saw a player attack after it multiple times without having to RC. I only wonder if you also have your doublejump/airdash options, cuz that could lead to a ridiculously safe DP.

Eh? Isn't the point of Kakato Otoshi that it's basically just Sol's Tataki Otoshi but for Ragna, sending the opponent plummeting to the ground? I would've figured that the only way to combo from it without Rapid Cancel would be if the opponent is really complacent about getting off the ground.

Ah, I figured as much. I was just a little confused because when Shinobiashi mentioned Heel Drop RC combos, he was referring to Kakato Otoshi. Then Titanium Beast mentioned Heel Drop too, but I guess he was referring to Keri Age instead.

i think he means the heel drop overhead, not the knockdown from INFERUNO DIVAIDAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH

No, I actually mean the followup from the upper. Several times I have seen a Ragna player do a j.D as they are falling from completing that move in the Joybox vids. Without RCing.

In one video I saw Ragna doing 3 uppercuts during an air combo then the follow-ups. Could someone tell me how this was done and if it involved rapid cancel.

In one video I saw Ragna doing 3 uppercuts during an air combo then the follow-ups. Could someone tell me how this was done and if it involved rapid cancel.

at 1st when i saw it it confused me too, but after looking at it again actually ragna does j.D > jc > j.D > inferno divider

this is because the motion for j.D looks similar to inferno divider so that's y we thought he did inferno divider 3 times

at 1st when i saw it it confused me too, but after looking at it again actually ragna does j.D > jc > j.D > inferno divider

this is because the motion for j.D looks similar to inferno divider so that's y we thought he did inferno divider 3 times

lol i know some people who would be satisfied with 3 uppers in one combo.

Any use for Dead Spike?

Whenever I see it in action, either A)he tries to do it in a block string and gets punished between attacks, B)does it at a distance in which the attack whiffs or C)throw it out in the corner far away from his opponent like Sol players do with GF.

Also,

http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm5333374

@1:39 I believe that's a CH Hell's Fang. If so, looks like Ragna can combo after it. I wonder how useful this would be as a stand alone attack if it's safe on block.

It doesn't look like you need to be all that deep to combo off a CH Hell's Fang effectively (I mean, just look at how far he was away), so I can definitely see it being useful. The Japanese BlazBlue wiki has a couple of new combos for Ragna, by the way. (corner) 2B, 5C, 3C (there's a 3C?), Dead Spike RC, j.C, j.D, JC, j.C, j.D, D Inferno Divider etc CH Gauntlet Hades, 6A, air combo CH Hell's Fang, 6D, Inferno Divider, Upper, Yoko Fukitobashi, 5B or 5C, Inferno Divider, Upper, Kakato Otoshi

*Shrugs* I just assumed that all the only thing you could do after it on normal hit is its followup command.