Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Damned Wolfe

[CS2] Ragna General Discussion

How do you Play Ragna?  

185 members have voted

1. 1. How do you Play Ragna?

• Straight up Offense!
    • Bait in to Punish!
    • Defensive Punish!
    • Spam Hell's Fang and Inferno Divider moves!

i think air gauntlet hades comes out faster as compared to if u input it from when ragna's standing on the ground, i saw someone post about it in the japanese bbs but not sure if it's true anyway seems like gauntlet hades misses on crouching rachel & taokaka? most probably carl too since he's small also 6B is a much better overhead since u can combo into C then whatever any1 managed to confirm about the secret ragna boss? just try to win without losing and with distortion finish, see what comes up :psyduck:

After watching a few matches I've seen Ragna combo into ID and then followup with the wallbounce and then combo'd after that. Seen it happen to Taokaka and someone else(Tager maybe?).

Here: CH Inferno Divider(ID) on Taokaka at midscreen. 9:10

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=suwN9X0nR9g

He does it again at 9:31. Finishes with Soul Eater ID this time.

I wonder if that can make for a better BnB than whatever>Hell's Fang>followup? Maybe not... Seems to do less damage than BnB>Hell's Fang>followup...

Here's the CH ID vs Tager. Yeah you can combo after CH ID on him too.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jicGnWkQMR8 @1:44.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QPQamr1pO_U @:35. Tao blocks the Hell's Fang followup and Ragna goes for a low and nets the KO. If Hell's Fang and the follow up are safe on block I see Dead Spike losing worth.

Outside of this:

The Japanese BlazBlue wiki has a couple of new combos for Ragna, by the way.

(corner) 2B, 5C, 3C (there's a 3C?), Dead Spike RC, j.C, j.D, JC, j.C, j.D, D Inferno Divider etc

And there's a 3C?!

Although there was a match when Ragna "installed" and did Dead Spike and it AAed and got a CH. Don't know if my eyes were playing tricks on me or what but Dead Spike looked larger. IIRC Order-Sol's BHB's hitbox was so big it can hit an aerial opponent.

Friggin edited my post like 8 times.:v:

Gonna compile all the vids I can find on Ragna tommorrow and edit it into the first post.

i think 3C is his 2 hits normal where he thrusts his sword downward then does an upward strike that brings the opponent to the air, it's pretty slow, i think you're supposed to use it for OTG combos

After watching a few matches I've seen Ragna combo into ID and then followup with the wallbounce and then combo'd after that. Seen it happen to Taokaka and someone else(Tager maybe?).

Being able to combo into a second Inferno Divider after a Yoko Fukitobashi is pretty well documented (see the last of those combos I posted), it's just that the positioning to do so seems awfully... finicky. I'm guessing it's not a good idea to put too many aerial normals in there either or else they'll probably tech.

Gonna compile all the vids I can find on Ragna tommorrow and edit it into the first post.

That... may take a while.

So, from most recent joybox vids we can confirm that after Inferno Divider -> Upper -> Heel Drop, Ragna recovers completely after the kick before even beginning to descend and has all of his attack and defense options, including air mobility such as airdashing. Seems ridiculous to me, means his uppercut is way safer than you'd think.

Can he use his additions if ID is blocked or whiffed? Haven't seen any players actually try it. Could lead to a descent options game, since he can actually attack almost instantly after the heel drop comes out like the vids show/TB said.

Sol can do the kickdown followup to VV if VV is blocked. I don't recall if he can do it if it whiffs. I would assume the same goes for Ragna. Most games allow you to do additions even if the starting attack whiffs. From what I've seen no one does the additions if ID gets blocked. Guess they think blocked ID=screwed?

With Sol, doing the addition does not allow him to reset his offense/defense options. He needs to RC VV. With Ragna, it does without the use of meter, but I guess since he has to do the second upper addition first before the knockdown it would leave him more vulnerable in the air unless high enough and out of reach, so I can see why the players wouldn't want to use it. Off topic, the way it resets his options kind of reminds me of GG1 Sol's VV: If you sj and do VV high enough, Sol recovered all his options after the frames were complete. Anyway, I guess the options reset only occurs with the knockdown? The mid-air RI/SW addition looks like it doesn't allow it, but with the right timing can allow for follow-ups after Ragna lands. Maybe once players get more experience and comfortable with the game, could lead to possible loops.

someone posted at ragna section at the bb wiki saying his astral finish move is called blood onslaught damn if that doesn't sound FRIKKKKKKKKKIN BADASSSSSSSSSS i don't know what is

The Japanese BlazBlue wiki just updated Ragna in a huge way.

Ground combos

2A, 5B, 5C, Carnage Scissor or any special -> followup

2A, 5B, 5C, 2C, Hell's Fang -> Tsuika

6B, 5C, 2C, Hell's Fang -> Tsuika

5B, 3C, 22C, 5B, 5C, Hell's Fang -> Tsuika

Launch into air combo

5B, 5C, 5D, dash cancel, 6A, HJC, air combo

6A, 5D, dash cancel, 6A, HJC, air combo

2A (repeat), 5B, 6A, JC, air combo

2A (repeat), 5B, 5C, Hell's Fang RC, 5B, 6A, JC, air combo

(corner) 2B, 5C, 3C, Dead Spike RC, air combo

CH Gauntlet Hades, 6A, air combo

CH Hell's Fang, 5B, Inferno Divider -> delay Upper -> delay Yoko Fukitobashi, 6A, air combo

Air combos

j.B, j.C, JC, j.C, j.D, D Inferno Divider -> followups

j.C, j.D, JC, j.C, j.D, D Inferno Divider -> followups

Throw combos

Throw, Carnage Scissor or Gauntlet Hades -> Keri Age

(corner) Throw, D Inferno Divider -> Upper -> Kakato Otoshi

Back throw, dash slightly, j.C, j.D, JC, (j.C), j.D, D Inferno Divider -> followups

During Blood Kain

(5D, dash cancel, 5D...) x N, Carnage Scissor

On another note, I guess we need to get into the habit of calling the secret moves Astral Drives instead of Astral Finishes, as an Astral Finish is really just the thing it says at the end. It's like calling an Instant Kill a Destroyed. XD

more combos from ragna thread in bbs centre of screen near wall during blood kain, 5B>6A>jc>[JC>JD>jc>(delay)JD~land]×2>[5D>dc]×2>gauntlet hades damage around 4600, if u have gauge for devoured by the darkness damage will reach 5k forward throw>blood kain>[5D>dc]×2>5D(1st hit)>ID>whichever followup damage also around 4600 back throw>blood kain>JD>jc>(delay)JD~land>JD>jcJB>ID>whichever followup blood kain is too good ^^ edit: just useless info, ragna's astral drive actually does 15001 damage, the last hit is 1 damage lol

Definitely need to see vids of those Blood Kain combos, sounds like they turn him into #R Sol or some shit. Gotta see the life regain too, may be able to make some incredibly ridiculous comebacks with stuff like that (random throw into BK combo that gives back 60% life lol).

To clarify on those Blood Kain combos, the one starting with 5B, 6A into air combo only works relatively close to the corner (edit: ah, Bloodcrave mentioned that), and the one starting with forward throw only works in the corner. I'm loving the fact that one of those long Blood Kain combos ends in Yami ni Kuwarero though.

Will definitely try out some of those Blood Kain combos tonight (or at first opportunity after Thanksgiving). Good to see Ragna has some stuff that isn't just chain XX dash punch > followup.

Any use for Dead Spike?

Whenever I see it in action, either A)he tries to do it in a block string and gets punished between attacks, B)does it at a distance in which the attack whiffs or C)throw it out in the corner far away from his opponent like Sol players do with GF.

Dead Spike is good if you've conditioned your opponent not to mash a lot, or if you mix up where you do it during pressure. Seems like neutral/advantage on block as far as I can tell but I'd need confirmation. Safer than dash punch or Greed Sever or whatever lol.

CH Dead Spike gives you a good amount of time to combo after it.

Other random notes from my early impressions:

2D takes a good chunk off their guard meter and is fairly safe on block (and combos from 5C so they can't mash out). Dunno if you can dash cancel it, but you should at least get Dead Spike or something to keep up pressure.

Saw some Japanese players doing short chain > 6D JC, come down with jC/D as a pressure string of sorts. Doesn't look amazing but it's a decent way to mix up your pressure a bit to keep them on their toes.

5D dash cancel throw is funny, though I'm guessing people can mash and hit you out of it. Might be hilarious in Blood Kain though.

For moves with followups, Ragna must connect (block or hit) with the initial move to do the followup. This goes for Gauntlet Hades, Hell's Fang, and all followups to Inferno Divider.

@:35. Tao blocks the Hell's Fang followup and Ragna goes for a low and nets the KO. If Hell's Fang and the follow up are safe on block I see Dead Spike losing worth.

Hell's Fang followup is definitely NOT safe on block. Hell's Fang itself is either safe on block or DAMN NEAR it. CH Hell's Fang has TONS of hitstun, so you have plenty of time to go into whatever you want.

CD, that's part of what I was thinking when I first saw that move allowed you to attack again before you landed. I figured you could use that as a way to set up some kind of high/low mixup on conditioned opponents. You could also maybe airdash before you landed for more pressure and also to discourage fuzzy guarding. Depends on whether or not all movement options are available off of that move. Another potential use would be for baiting and punishing throws. Too bad there's no standard wakeup game due to the techroll system, I bet that would be beastly wakeup.