Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Damned Wolfe

[CS2] Ragna General Discussion

How do you Play Ragna?  

185 members have voted

1. 1. How do you Play Ragna?

• Straight up Offense!
    • Bait in to Punish!
    • Defensive Punish!
    • Spam Hell's Fang and Inferno Divider moves!

Some changes have been made to the throw combos section, by the way. I'll edit the bulk combo list to include both these and the Blood Kain combos Bloodcrave mentioned earlier.

Ground combos

5B, 5C, 5D, (delay) Hell's Fang, Tsuika

2A, 5B, 5C, Carnage Scissor or any special -> followup

2A, 5B, 5C, 2C, Hell's Fang, Tsuika

6B, 5C, 2C, Hell's Fang, Tsuika

5B, 3C, 22C, 5B, 5C, Hell's Fang, Tsuika

Launch into air combo

5B, 5C, 5D, DC, 6A, HJC, air combo

6A, 5D, DC, 6A, HJC, air combo

(crouching opponent only) 5B, 5C, 6C, DC, air combo

2A (repeat), 5B, 6A, JC, air combo

2A (repeat), 5B, 5C, Hell's Fang RC, 5B, 6A, JC, air combo

(corner) 2B, 5C, 3C, Dead Spike RC, air combo

CH Gauntlet Hades, 6A, air combo

CH Hell's Fang, 5B, Inferno Divider, (delay) Upper, (delay) Yoko Fukitobashi, land, 6A, air combo

Air combos

j.B, j.C, JC, j.C, j.D, D Inferno Divider -> followups

j.C, j.D, JC, j.C, j.D, D Inferno Divider -> followups

Throw combos

Throw, Gauntlet Hades, (delay) Keri Age, 5B, Inferno Divider -> followups

Throw, Carnage Scissor - Only works on heavyweight characters

(corner) Throw, D Inferno Divider, Upper, Kakato Otoshi

Back throw, forward HJ, j.C, j.D, JC, j.C, j.D, D Inferno Divider -> followups - Stable combo

Back throw, Gauntlet Hades, (delay) Keri Age, 5B, 6A, air combo - Character specific?

Combos including Blood Kain

* Normal chain~

..., 3C, Blood Kain, 5C, 5D etc

(corner) ..., 3C, Blood Kain, 5C, (5D, DC) x 3, Inferno Divider -> followups

* Throw~

(corner) Throw, Blood Kain, (5D, DC) x 2, 5D (1 hit), D Inferno Divider -> followups

Back throw, Blood Kain, j.D, JC, (delay) j.D, land, j.D, JC, j.B, D Inferno Divider -> followups

Combos during Blood Kain

(5D, DC) x N, Carnage Scissor

(near corner) 5B, 6A, JC, (j.C, j.D, JC, (delay) j.D, land) x 2, (5D, DC) x 2, Gauntlet Hades or Yami ni Kuwarero

Another combo to look out for is chain to 5C -> 6C -> dash cancel into aircombo. Saw this in the recent gamersvision vids, you guys should check them out. HDD's Ragna is strong.

i think instead of before HJ, u should translate it as forward HJ

or walk forward abit and HJ

Ah yeah, I had forgotten that it could also mean "ahead", and given that it's not a corner combo, I guess forward HJ makes sense. Having a JC after that still confuses me a little though, it's not like it's a Jump Install or anything.

Another combo to look out for is chain to 5C -> 6C -> dash cancel into aircombo. Saw this in the recent gamersvision vids, you guys should check them out. HDD's Ragna is strong.

Ooh, mid-screen? Here's hoping. I'll check it out.

Edit: I'm loving some of those combos of his. CH Hell's Fang has ridiculously good untechable time to go with it's absurd hitstun, I see. He managed to get that back throw combo off once as well, but the rest of the time it didn't quite work out for him. Guess he just wasn't delaying the Keri Age enough?

yes it does work, i saw it on an early joybox video by a pink ragna he does it alot, its distance dependent you have to be close to the other character but it does better damage.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J4F6aN6F2GI&feature=related

skip to 1:11 to see pink ragna dominate on day like 4 of blazblue

i think hdd might be the pink ragna i've seen raping in the joybox and trf stream vids hes the only one i've seen doing the dash cancel combos.

wooot u can dc 6C on the 1st hit as well! finally we get a glimpse of what 22C is capable of.. u guys should check out the pink ragna from the new vids from joybox edit: lol C ID > upper > wall bounce > 5B > D ID > upper > wall bounce RC > air back dash > GH > additional :psyduck: and it seems that back throw > 6A > HJ whatever works

I'd say mid. He's pretty much a normal character with no special abilities or tricks up his sleeve, the exchange being he is easy to pick up.

I'd say mid. He's pretty much a normal character with no special abilities or tricks up his sleeve, the exchange being he is easy to pick up.

Nothing really special...except the fact that I have yet to see any other character pull off 50% life combos from rather simple looking moves. :vbang:

Jin looks like he outputs a ton of damage too, but that involves using freezes.

As long as Ragna can do big damage without having to depend upon Blood Kain he's good. I don't think he's top. Never have. He's real solid. Save for being able to move in on his opponent undercover like Sol's GF FRC. I'm just waiting until people start effectively zoning him out.

It's still early days yet, but to me it seems like he'll always be quite a competent character choice, but not absurd. Good rushdown, intuitive combos and a standing overhead you can gatling from are all good enough for me. Don't forget that he's got a desperation attack in the form of Yami ni Kuwarero too.

Anyway, combo list edited. Also, it seems the wiki now has a combo root table.

http://www40.atwiki.jp/blazblue/?plugin=ref&serial=8

definitely gonna use him he is the most manly character in the game and he steals health and he has Rock-It

i've played ~30 games with ragna now. he seems like ryu in any sf game. very balanced but nothing special.... no real specialities but no real weaknesses either. need to learn his dp prorities/properties a little more and his gatling chain diagram is pretty helpful. having a few lows and an overhead as well as dash-cancellable moves makes him a pretty aggressive character. fun fun~

yes you kill 50% heat doing that move BUT if you can connect it well..... it would take a miracle for someone to comeback after getting hit with it... that is if they're still living. has anyone survived a dark devour AND WON afterwards?

Dunno why everybody is like "there's nothing special about Ragna" when he gets to do combos that do like 50-80% life (depending on opponent, burst status, etc.) that give him anywhere from 25-60+% life back. I would say that's fairly special.

Good stuff. Definitely clocking those tactics. Honestly, I don't know why Blood Kain combos don't see more use. It's not like you're really losing all that much health if you connect with the full combo anyway, what with all the j.Ds and 5Ds. Hell, if you're sitting on 100% Heat Gauge, you can get more health than you started with. Biggest problem I see with it is that I imagine a lot of players (particularly the defense deprived ones) would probably save their Barrier Burst for just such an occasion.