Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Damned Wolfe

[CS2] Ragna General Discussion

How do you Play Ragna?  

185 members have voted

1. 1. How do you Play Ragna?

• Straight up Offense!
    • Bait in to Punish!
    • Defensive Punish!
    • Spam Hell's Fang and Inferno Divider moves!

From watching vids, I don't see that many opportunities for those combos to be started. It seems you usually need to be in the corner and it seems easiest to start the combos off of a throw. Even the few competent players just don't get the opening they need most of the time. I've also noticed that the health regen seems to scale in combos. The first few D hits always give back a good bit of life, but then it seems to scale very quickly and the life drain catches up. Hard to tell since most of the vids are still kind of low-res. My guess is that you'd probably want enough Heat so you could always end with Devoured by Darkness to get your life back.

Throw in the corner definitely seems to be the most profitable setup so far, but 5B, 5C, 5D in corner seems to work pretty well too. According to the combo list, it would seem there are mid-screen setups as well, but I imagine there isn't enough D goodness to compensate for the health loss.

Also, I think the health regain is proportional to the damage of the move itself, so scaling would be a logical outcome.

does 5C>6C only works on crouching opponent or something?

if it's true then i'm kinda sad since it's alot better than 6A for combos from what i see

I've only ever seen it used after an overhead, so I'm guessing so. There's always "combo into 5D, dash cancel, 6A" as an alternative to just doing 6A, but I assume that variation doesn't work on everyone.

i've seen hdd do bloodkain combos, back throw, activate bloodkain, air combo in the corner, i also saw him do chain into 5d, bk, 5d in the corner, i wonder if you can do 5d bk, dash to finish up the combo or you can only do if you dash cancel the 5d. it was an awesome set up though because they had to worry about catching the claw on oki.

edit:what move is this

Posted Image

i've seen some dope mixups with this move but i have no clue what it is

Another BK setup in the wiki I haven't seen mentioned is chain into 3C -> BK -> 5C -> 5D into whatever. In the corner it says to do 3C -> BK -> 5C ->[5D(dash cancel)]x3 -> 632D etc.

Biggest problem I see with it is that I imagine a lot of players (particularly the defense deprived ones) would probably save their Barrier Burst for just such an occasion.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cTsUDEJitB8 10:20

What Titanium Beast said is right, the opportunity for Blood Kain combos doesn't come often. I've been watching through all the footage of Ragna in the latest 50 Joybox videos, and this is like the only time Ragna has gotten that corner combo off.

Also True_Tech where did you see HDD?

That picture is too small to tell t.t

I believe it's his 6D, given that it has the Soul Eater effect and the combo root table on the wiki connects 6D to j.D.

I believe it's his 6D, given that it has the Soul Eater effect and the combo root table on the wiki connects 6D to j.D.

that makes sense then cause i saw him put tager on lockdown with what i assume is st.b, then 6d,j.d, then he mixed it up with a random sweep, so if he hit with st.b the 6d,j.d combos, if not and he hit you with sweep he went into otg throw, follow up.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MtMo--my0Sc

watch the rape that is b,6d,j.d lockdown at 4:40 and 8:12

You have no idea how not surprising that is.

Indeed.

i've seen hdd do bloodkain combos, back throw, activate bloodkain, air combo in the corner, i also saw him do chain into 5d, bk, 5d in the corner, i wonder if you can do 5d bk, dash to finish up the combo or you can only do if you dash cancel the 5d. it was an awesome set up though because they had to worry about catching the claw on oki.

corner, whatever to 5D XX 214214D, (dash 5B >) 5D dash-cancel 5D XX 623D > 236C > 214D.

actually i don't really see why people use ID as combo ender, GH deals more damage if what i've read in the jp bbs is true i mean of course if u can continue the wallbounce it's better, but the knockdown doesn't give that much advantage IMO since u can practically tech it out immediately afterwards right?

I'm not sure if GH ends up giving better positioning in the long run, considering how good 6A appears to be against air opponents. But then again, even though you don't get guaranteed oki off of ID's knockdown, you still force the opponent into a restricted set of options (sit there and get hit again as you fall, or techroll and potentially get hit anyway by a techtrap). The fact that you still have attack and movement options immediately after heel drop helps quite a bit, I'm sure.

Is there any tricky timing to j.D after the 6D. I've tried so many times but I could not do it. I was trying to lock down using the 6D,j.D,6D,j.D like in the HDD vids but could not get the timing. Is there any special timing? or am I just a total scrub and screwing it up?. :(

The fact that you still have attack and movement options immediately after heel drop helps quite a bit, I'm sure.

I was messing around with this last night. If you double-jump at all in the combo before ID>uppercut>heel knockdown then you won't have any jump options left. Also pretty sure you can't do another attack, though I would need to double-check that.

i saw hdd use gh midscreen and it looks like it positions better, you land first and it looks like they come down right in front of you. also saw another match vid that uses bk combo, throw, activate, 5d dc 5d dc 5d dc, shark thingy 10 hits

Like, two, and they're both from CrimsonDisaster. Seems like the Japanese players really dislike losing life for more damage, not American enough imo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SR1GtwkNHzQ First round

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wcpKdq8o2bE ~5:00, 10:05

thanks for the vids.

oh and news for everyone about blood kain and japanese.

I can`t say for sure yet how to do it and if it is any good/even valid but there is a new blood kain combo without the use of throw. I have only seen it used once here in osaka and he failed it but, you can do "something knockdown->blood kain->combo". He did it midscreen

but again he failed so im not sure. I would test it out myself but im kinda busy atm.

maybe something for you to look into?

and the japanese try the bloodkain stuff, but they only do it in arcade mode >_>

That'll probably be the setup in the combo list that Titanium Beast brought up earlier. Combo into 3C, Blood Kain, 5C, 5D. Commence murder.

I was messing around with this last night. If you double-jump at all in the combo before ID>uppercut>heel knockdown then you won't have any jump options left. Also pretty sure you can't do another attack, though I would need to double-check that.

I was under the impression that this game didn't follow the same jump rules as GG (ie you can do doublejump and then airdash), but I could be wrong. You can definitely attack though.

Well, you can double jump after a High Jump without Jump Install (see kaqn's Gamechariot vids, which I'm glad I saw because that combo on the wiki was confusing me for so long), so BlazBlue definitely doesn't have the same jump rules as Guilty Gear.

hdd in the corner against jin, b,c,hellfang rc, run up 6d,j.d, land b,c, f.c, dc, j.c,j.d, dj, j.d, id etc i saw another version he did to arakune with cr.a, st.b, f.a after the land i assume that above is he updated version sorry for the mix btw but i don't normally use numbers.

Combo list update. The wiki now includes a line of explanation for each combo (sans the Blood Kain ones), but I'm not nearly good enough with the language to translate it all.

Ground combos

2A, 5B, 5C, any special -> followup

5B, 5C, 5D, (delay) Hell's Fang, Tsuika

2A, 5B, 5C, 2C, Hell's Fang, Tsuika

6B, 5C, 2C, Hell's Fang, Tsuika

5B, 3C, 22C, 5B, 5C, Hell's Fang, Tsuika

With 50% Heat Gauge

..., Hell's Fang RC, dash slightly, 6D, j.D, land, 5B, 3C, 22C, 5B, 5C, Hell's Fang, Tsuika

..., 5B, 5C, Carnage Scissor, dash 5B, D Inferno Divider -> followups

Launch into air combo

(near corner) ..., 5C or 2C, 5D, DC, 6A, JC or HJC, air combo

(crouching opponent only) ..., 5C, 6C, DC, air combo

(crouching opponent only) ..., 5C, 2D, 2B, 5C, JC, air combo

(crouching opponent only) 6B, 5C, 6C, Gauntlet Hades, Keri Age, 5B, 6A, JC, air combo - Damage: 4600~

(near corner) Inferno Divider, Upper, Yoko Fukitobashi, 5B, 6A, JC, air combo

6A, 5D, DC, 6A, HJC, air combo

2A (repeat), 5B, 6A, JC, air combo

CH Gauntlet Hades, 6A, air combo

CH Hell's Fang, 5B, Inferno Divider, (delay) Upper, (delay) Yoko Fukitobashi, land, 6A, air combo

With 50% Heat Gauge

..., 5C, Hell's Fang RC, 6C, DC, air combo

2A (repeat), 5B, 5C, Hell's Fang RC, 5B, 6A, JC, air combo

(corner) 2B, 5C, 3C, Dead Spike RC, air combo

Air combos

j.B, j.C, JC, j.C, j.D, D Inferno Divider -> followups

j.C, j.D, JC, j.C, j.D, D Inferno Divider -> followups

Throw combos

Throw, Gauntlet Hades, (delay) Keri Age, 5B, Inferno Divider -> followups

Throw, Carnage Scissor - Only works on heavyweight characters

(corner) Throw, D Inferno Divider, Upper, Kakato Otoshi

Back throw, dash 6A, forward HJ, j.C, j.D, JC, j.C, j.D, D Inferno Divider -> followups - Damage: 3000~

Back throw, Gauntlet Hades, (delay) Keri Age, 5B, 6A, air combo - Character specific? - Damage: 3500~

Air throw, Gauntlet Hades, Keri Age

Combos including Blood Kain

* Normal chain~

..., 3C, Blood Kain, 5C, 5D etc

(corner) ..., 3C, Blood Kain, 5C, (5D, DC) x 3, Inferno Divider -> followups

(crouching opponent only) 6B, 5C, 6C, Blood Kain, JC, j.D, (delay) j.D, land, (5D, DC) x 2, 6D, j.D, JC, j.D, Inferno Divider -> followups - Damage: 5700~

* Throw~

(corner) Throw, Blood Kain, (5D, DC) x 2, 5D (1 hit), D Inferno Divider -> followups

Back throw, Blood Kain, j.D, JC, (delay) j.D, land, j.D, JC, j.B, D Inferno Divider -> followups

Combos during Blood Kain

(5D, DC) x N, Carnage Scissor - known as "D Loop" (tentative)

(near corner) 5B, 6A, JC, (j.C, j.D, JC, (delay) j.D, land) x 2, (5D, DC) x 2, Gauntlet Hades or Yami ni Kuwarero

Finally got to play this game for the first time this past weekend in Philly. Had a lot of fun and racked up a 14 win streak with Ragna. He doesn't really feel like Sol, more like a slightly more fair Slayer with a VV tacked on. This could also be due to the game itself being slower and more footsie-oriented than GG. The timing on dash-cancel combos is strange as well. I thought it would be like a regular dash that could be cancelled normally, but it is a set dash that goes a certain distance before you can do anything. This made learning combos using dash cancels very awkward since I had no clue as to when I could move after dashing. I got plenty of black beats on my combos. The Blood Kain combos are also awkward for similar reasons, combined with the fact that long combos tend to become techable much earlier in this game. I was able to try the 3C -> Blood Kain into OTG combos a few times, looks like they could become pretty strong since you can combo into 3C from almost anything. Counterhits also seem pretty ridiculous as far as how long they stun. I got a random 2C counterhit at one point and had entirely too much time to just run up and hit with anything.