Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Damned Wolfe

[CS2] Ragna General Discussion

How do you Play Ragna?  

185 members have voted

1. 1. How do you Play Ragna?

• Straight up Offense!
    • Bait in to Punish!
    • Defensive Punish!
    • Spam Hell's Fang and Inferno Divider moves!

Counterhits also seem pretty ridiculous as far as how long they stun. I got a random 2C counterhit at one point and had entirely too much time to just run up and hit with anything.

IIRC, CH 2C is a crumple stun (ie. they can recover out of it).

Well that's good to know. Between that and Hell's Fang CH I thought that they just wanted to punish you horribly for ever trying to attack. But yeah, I don't have a whole lot else to add, I got to play for a decent bit but nowhere near as much as I'd like to. Combine that with the nearest cab being 9 hours away from my residence in NC and I doubt I'll be able to play it again for a good long while.

Oh well, at least you're in the same country as one. XD *Goes off somewhere to cry* On another note, thanks to a recent post in the Video Discussion Thread, we now know that the following combo is possible mid-screen:- 6B, 5C, 6C, Gauntlet Hades, Keri Age, 5B, 6A, JC, j.C, j.D, JC, j.D, D Inferno Divider, Upper, Kakato Otoshi That's a nice combo considering it works anywhere at long as the opponent is crouching (and if they got hit by a 6B, they damn well better be crouching).

It should be easy enough to confirm crouching since there's two hits (the 6B and 5C) before the 6C and you can also look for the exclamation point to see if they guarded crouching.

Oh well, at least you're in the same country as one. XD *Goes off somewhere to cry*

On another note, thanks to a recent post in the Video Discussion Thread, we now know that the following combo is possible mid-screen:-

6B, 5C, 6C, Gauntlet Hades, Keri Age, 5B, 6A, JC, j.C, j.D, JC, j.D, D Inferno Divider, Upper, Kakato Otoshi

That's a nice combo considering it works anywhere at long as the opponent is crouching (and if they got hit by a 6B, they damn well better be crouching).

u don't have to dash forward abit after the keri age to connect to 5B even in midscreen?

coz it's imba if u can do it anywhere :psyduck:

edit: ok just saw the whole vid gawd daym that combo is too good :yaaay:

http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm5509499

finally a good blood kain combo being shown, 5.7k damage

That Blood Kain combo was amazing. All I need now is to see someone stick a Yami ni Kuwarero on the end and I can die happy.

That Blood Kain combo was amazing. All I need now is to see someone stick a Yami ni Kuwarero on the end and I can die happy.

I don't remember if it's in the old Austin match vid set but I combo'd Yani ni Kuwarero pretty easily off BK 5D stuff.

Ah, I've been curious about its potential use in combos ever since I saw it written in the wiki. How's the damage? Does the health drain scale horribly?

Ah, I've been curious about its potential use in combos ever since I saw it written in the wiki.

How's the damage? Does the health drain scale horribly?

Damage scales a bunch if you do it late in a combo, but it's still a respectable chunk of damage/lifedrain.

Maybe my memory is fuzzy but isn't f+C the one where he strikes low then pulls his sword upwards? If so, yeah, it makes sense it hits low, when I was too far away from flooring an opponent to do like c.B I'd go for that move if I could. Re: Blood Kain: I became a believer in the awesomeness of that move a few days ago when I accidentally managed to pull out Blood Kain rather than Carnage Scissors (it was the stick, not me). It turned into blessing in disguise. I for some reason didn't think of it as a Dragon Install move but when I used it, loved the options it opened up for me and the life I got back from it. Totally turned the match around in my favor since I was on the losing side of the match before the accident...that is cool.

So, as I brought up in the System Mechanics thread, Ragna has less health than most characters. The wiki puts his health at 9000 (compared to Tager's 12000), but this has been proven erroneous. Of course, he has Soul Eater, so provided Ragna gets some momentum throughout the match, it's not as huge a setback as it could be. On that note, the combo list includes some damage figures now (see above), as well as giving the base damage for Carnage Scissor and Yami ni Kuwarero. A bare Carnage Scissor deals 2934 damage. A bare Yami ni Kuwarero deals 5520 damage and heals Ragna by the same amount.

So, as I brought up in the System Mechanics thread, Ragna has the least health of any character. The wiki puts his health at 9000 (compared to Tager's 12000), but I think it's actually around 8500. Of course, he has Soul Eater, so provided Ragna gets some momentum throughout the match, it's not as huge a setback as it could be.

On that note, the combo list includes some damage figures now (see above), as well as giving the base damage for Carnage Scissor and Yami ni Kuwarero.

A bare Carnage Scissor deals 2934 damage.

A bare Yami ni Kuwarero deals 5520 damage and heals Ragna by the same amount.

so a dark devour will basically give back ragna 50% helath on that itself alone well i supose its as you say he has the lowest heath in the game but its offset by his life leach.

Has it been established that life regain from Soul Eater moves scales the same way damage does in combos?

From what I've seen, it seems to. I've just always assumed that the amount of health Ragna gets back is proportional to the damage of the move itself (with the exception of Yami ni Kuwarero, which is 1:1), like how Slayer's bite heals 25% of the damage it does in Guilty Gear. Boss Ragna seems to emphasise this in a hilariously Gold Slayer-ish fashion.

whats the command for command throw from the ground? 22C or C+D? i got confuzed

22C.

thanks just making sure. on the front page it say C+D can someone fix that plz same for carnage scissor too its 632146+D not 236236+D

Yeah, now that you mention it, the order given in the wiki certainly seems wrong. Carl definitely takes damage just as bad as Ragna, if not a little worse.