Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Damned Wolfe

[CS2] Ragna General Discussion

How do you Play Ragna?  

185 members have voted

1. 1. How do you Play Ragna?

• Straight up Offense!
    • Bait in to Punish!
    • Defensive Punish!
    • Spam Hell's Fang and Inferno Divider moves!

You can't ever connect 22C directly to 3C as a legit combo (not even 1 rep). If you're joking around when you type a combo, please state it in your post... otherwise a lot of people are going to take it seriously. (There are a lot of people who can't play BlazBlue yet(or as often as they want), so they are reading up while they wait).

I spent a little while testing the options off of 22C and it seems like the only thing that is guaranteed off of it is 5B. There isn't even enough time to go directly into 5C, and I couldn't seem to connect dash 2A and have it be valid. I think in the future we are going to start seeing [22C -> Rapid Cancel] combos (Yes you can RC it). The reason is, after a certain amount of hits, if you try to do 22C, 5BC -> Hell's Fang -- the Hell's Fang doesn't combo (pushback etc.). When you RC it, you end up with a lot of time to do whatever you want (like dash up 6DjD into whatever).

:psyduck: I must try this.

And apologies to anybody that might've believed my earlier post. I'ma go ahead and delete it.

Man this game really needs frc's. I think it would make Ragna a lot more interesting. His B&B's are just too boring IMO. It gets a bit more interesting once you have 50% tension but still just adding FRC's would give him a lot more. How awesome would an FRC on 214A be for combos and pressure?

I'm still waiting for when the players are somehow able to implement Blood Kain into their games more fully. As far as how interesting and "fun" the character's combos are, that move seems to be the key to unlocking his potential. No doubt it doesn't get used much in vids due to the risk inherent in using it and possibly eating a burst during your combo. Still kinda disappointing, though. Truthfully though, what ends up making characters interesting in the long run is how they interact with each other in a match, combos be damned.

most japanese ragna's are wacksauce they still doing the same stuff they were doing in week 2. hdd yossan sekido kaqn and maybe one or two others seem to be the expection

no even those guys play their shit pretty close kaqn especially plays very safe as far as conserving his meter and not doing too many flashy combos/strings honestly most of them make ragna look really boring, but they are pretty solid

After watching one of kaqn's matches with Ragna, I noticed that during Blood Kain, Tsuika wall bounces on hit. Geez, Blood Kain is scary even at mid-screen. Matches need more Blood Kain, safety be damned.

yeah I noticed that early on but hard to think of applications right off the bat maybe 2C counterhit -> Blood Kain, then 5C -> Hell's Fang -> Addition, then combo off the wallbounce

Yeah, I think you might be able to go through bursts with relatively tight timing, but I haven't tested it. Veteru might know.

yeah i sawl somewhere on the forums saying it does give enough to bait bursts but its really tight timing

Blood Kain actually has tons of invincibility, it's not even hard to go through a burst with it. Yami ni kuwarero on the other hand only has a small amount, it's hard (but still possible) to go through bursts with it.

There's still a slight moment of vulnerability before you return to neutral from a blood kain, I've seen him get hit before being able to move. I guess you should think of it as a Dragon Install but better.

So I played a really beasty Jin player today and got my ass handed to me repeatedly.. I have no idea how to fight that fool.. HALP!

Blood Kain actually has tons of invincibility, it's not even hard to go through a burst with it.

Really? I knew it had some but I didn't know it was a ton :psyduck: Then again I have not gone up there with you guys since before the snow storm

There's still a slight moment of vulnerability before you return to neutral from a blood kain, I've seen him get hit before being able to move. I guess you should think of it as a Dragon Install but better.

It's way better than Dragon Install in that you don't lose if you don't kill them with it. Also stupid high damage setups and such.

I think so. I'm watching a match of Ragna vs Litchi and Ragna jump over her she turned fast. But if they do turn around automatically, wouldn't that make your grounded opponent(if they try to block) block in the wrong direction?

Don't characters turn around automatically in this game when you jump over someone (the jumper, not the grounded opponent)?

I think you can make crossups with j.B with out turning around, from what I've seen, you might have to have the move out before crossing over them..

As well as I've done IAD j.C in situations where it seemed to hit behind them (no turn around)> It's always been blocked, though, so I don't know if it just looked like a crossup but doesn't actually hit from the other side, or if they just blocked the crossup.. I didn't ask.