Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Damned Wolfe

[CS2] Ragna General Discussion

How do you Play Ragna?  

185 members have voted

1. 1. How do you Play Ragna?

• Straight up Offense!
    • Bait in to Punish!
    • Defensive Punish!
    • Spam Hell's Fang and Inferno Divider moves!

how do u pik up the enemy right after 5, D? i no its 22,C but is it a rapid cancel or u can do it righter his 5 D?

in order to do 5D>22C

you need to add 3C or 2D before head to add the down property

e.g 3C>5D>22C

2D>C>HF>A>B>D(2 hits)>22C

Are you sure? I swore I've seen JP vids where they've done 6A-5D dash cancel, 6A-5D-22C

if there is no 3C or 2D added as a part of the combo

u cant pull out 22C after 5D

u can surely do sth like B>3C>5D>dc>6A>5D>22C

The combo list mentions following up 3C, Blood Kain, 5C with 5D (presumably leading into the D Loop in the corner), but mid-screen I reckon you could probably replace 5D with Hell's Fang, 5A, 5B, 5D, Hell's Fang, Tsuika like you can after a 2D, or just j.C, j.D into j.D loops or something.

It looked like it would work if he hadn't delayed the Tsuika. I don't know if it will allow for 5B6A off the wall-bounce, but 6A is doable. So that would be a fair amount of damage.

im looking for confirmation on a little detail of Carnage Scissor. quoting the wiki: Life drain on second hit. Damage: 1000+2100 (1000+3800) The 2nd hit that shoots out the giant bloody knives of ownage, it gains quite a lot of damage in Blood Kain, but does it's graphic/hit box change while in Blood Kain? I haven't had a chance to try this yet. Additionally, i've noticed he can travel varying distances to reach the opponent, does anyone know if there is a limit to how far he can dash to connect the first hit?

Dont remember it being bigger when used in BK. If it is, it's not as big increase than dead spike size. As for distance, did often catch Litchi player i played against when he was doing staff shenanigans at the other side of the screen, so at least 1 screen long np. Maybe if Bang or someone with good backdash were at the other side AND doing a backdash, you could be too far. But never happened to not reach the oponent wherever he was on screen. edit: Ragna is a fucking beast. Been two weekends i could play a bunch, and i really think "Faceroll" suits the fucker :yaaay: Allmost cried of joy with my first D > BK > D loop combo, damage was insane <3 Same for Carnage scissors > Carnage scissors. Induced many giggles.

Ya he is way too much fun, he really suits me, i think. I really like Hakumen too, but Ragna's flexibility is great. I want to become good at using BK to its fullest, that seems to be the key to making Ragna a prize fighter. It worked for Aba, why not Ragna? :eng101: Thanks for the info on Carnage Scissor. by Faceroll do you mean steamroll to the face? :gonk:

It worked for Aba, why not Ragna? :eng101:

haha, exactly. It makes me feel the same when playing them.

"There, i'm done to 1/5 of my life and allready cracked my burst, and he's still in good shape; what can i do ?"

-keep pressing like a mofo, find ONE little opening, unleash the 4 horsemen of the apocalypse-

"Yey, won!" :yaaay:

And i really like BK, allways made the other guy way more reticent to attack mindlessly than with Sol's DI. 5D so awesome during it :keke:

I want to become good at using BK to its fullest, that seems to be the key to making Ragna a prize fighter. It worked for Aba, why not Ragna?

You sure the key is not his ridiculous damage, pokes, DP, overhead, 6a, combo range, resets, etc etc.?

well obviously, the key to making any character awesome is to utilize everything they have to offer. its just that, like hecatom said, on top of everything that is great about him, blood kain stands out as a way to take control of any fight, even a losing battle, if it is used wisely. For me, becoming good at using Blood Kain to pull off redonkculous lock down will be the whole point of playing Ragna. I remember the first time I used blood kain to turn a losing battle into a win, from the enemy being at 80%, in one fell swoop... it felt sooooo good. :yaaay:

BK is good for luring burst and saucing opponents that dont have it or dodging moves and punishing recovery and yeah its acutally good dragon install so it has more then one use :P

I see it as being more of a bonus as opposed to something that really significantly affects Ragna's game. It's clear from all the evidence available that Blood Kain does not really affect Ragna's ability to win matches, he is capable of winning easily without it. In fact, if you don't use it very carefully, you can actually hurt your chances of winning. But it does have uses.

...if you don't use it very carefully, you can actually hurt your chances of winning...

I think that makes it so much more interesting :kitty:

...also fair

on another note, im fascinated with the 5B, 6D, j.D (loop) pressure string that ragna can do against most average and large opponents, seems to be quite effective. But i can see that it isn't perfect. In fact, well timed reactions from the enemy seem to be able to reliably break out of it, especially bang and hakumen, because of their counters. Does anyone have experience with using this (sort of) lock down technique? if so, do very many people break out of it?

...also fair

on another note, im fascinated with the 5B, 6D, j.D (loop) pressure string that ragna can do against most average and large opponents, seems to be quite effective. But i can see that it isn't perfect. In fact, well timed reactions from the enemy seem to be able to reliably break out of it, especially bang and hakumen, because of their counters. Does anyone have experience with using this (sort of) lock down technique? if so, do very many people break out of it?

have you ever played a human before or just the CPU?

...also fair

Well, assuming that Bang and Hakumen have time to counter, I imagine Ragna, Litchi, and Jin have more than enough time to DP

then bigness characters like Tager do what they always do when pressured. :psyduck:

is it possible to go to blood kain D loop from around mid screen? maybe something like from mid screen ...3C > BK > C > D > dash > D loop? i know it's possible from edge of screen, but if it's also possible from mid screen... :vbang:

have you ever played a human before or just the CPU?

I've actually only played against humans, but i've only gotten to play a little bit, so im really trying to learn all i can from videos... and dustloop :keke:

is it possible to go to blood kain D loop from around mid screen?

maybe something like from mid screen ...3C > BK > C > D > dash > D loop?

i know it's possible from edge of screen, but if it's also possible from mid screen...

:vbang:

when i got that to work, i think it went black heat and my opponent just wasn't teching right or something, we were both new to the game when i pulled one of those off. From what i've seen, getting into BK durring a combo from midscreen and moving the opponent to the corner and starting D-loop would either take very careful (probably character specific) timing delays, or just isnt possible without the enemy goofing up.

blah blah blah here's a combo from the newest Tougeki Spirits: (corner, opponent crouch, versus Ragna, Arakune, Hakumen); 6B-5C-2C-2D, 5C-5D(2) -(DC)> 6A-5D(2) -> 22C -(RC)> dash 3C -> 22C -(RC)> 214B -> 214D Damage: 5805 Combo was demonstrated on the DVD versus another Ragna, looks like it took away around 70% of his lifebar.

nice, 2 RCs in a fairly solid looking combo. Bet that makes you feel sexy when you pull that off, especially against someone like arakune, who seems like he's got a lot of lockdown potential of his own. its neat how it uses the grabs to tack on a little extra damage towards the end, even though it costs him a truckload of heat. Does he do that because the grabs aren't effected by proration? Because if that's not the case i cant see how trying to throw in a carnage scissor or BK would be a worse option.