Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Damned Wolfe

[CS2] Ragna General Discussion

How do you Play Ragna?  

185 members have voted

1. 1. How do you Play Ragna?

• Straight up Offense!
    • Bait in to Punish!
    • Defensive Punish!
    • Spam Hell's Fang and Inferno Divider moves!

so finally got my hands on blazblue, overall ragna feels too similar to sol as expected... which might or might not be a good thing since i main sol i'm having the most difficult time fighting against litchi and nu currently (the game came here only a few days ago so i guess my opponents aren't expert themselves) against litchi, her 6C (i think, it's the forward kick together with the staff that wallbounces on counter hit) totally rapes my running 5B, which is a core gameplay for ragna... what should i do about it? running ID? with nu, what should i do when i'm being pressured from her swords? i can't IB and ID since it's never gonna hit her when she's spamming her swords from half the screen away another question, 5B doesn't beat my opponents 2A right? since i heard 5B has high priority or something or am i just doing it too slow? this is assuming every1's 2A is a faster move than my 5B (which i think is the case) so it's safer to do a running 2A > pressure? last question, when i'm trying to do IB and ID immediately after that, should i aim to IB the normals that have slow recovery or just IB and spam 623C everything? obviously no1's ever taught me the basics of IB > volcanic viper in GG thanks in advance to any1 who bothers to reply _(._.)_

He doesn't really feel all that much like Sol to me, special move similarities aside. For dealing with Litchi's range, unless you're absolutely sure she's going to bust out that move, I reckon it'd be far safer to just dash brake until you close some distance or find an opening. Last thing you want to be doing is whiffing an Inferno Divider in front of her face. His j.C is pretty good to use because it's got a nice hitbox on it (that's pretty much a universal tip though). And yeah, when you're dealing with resets, 5A and 2A tend to work far better than 5B. If 5B had as much speed as it does range, it'd be a monster. Perfect Guard is really good, but I wouldn't try to reversal Inferno Divider every time unless they really start getting in your face, because too far away and you won't really be able to capitalize from it unless you RC it. Mind you, if they're doing moves with slow recovery anyway, you could probably get away with murder. Note: The above advice is from someone who's only played the game himself on two occasions, so take it with a pinch of salt.

is there anything a newb like me should know?

http://blazblue.co.nr/ <---this. :eng101: all of it. :psyduck:

its a great resource for beginners, put together by our very own tianyuan. "keep it bookmarked, foo" -:TG:

That's pretty much THE info database for people new to BB. :psyduck: Better learn the game mechanics before the game's out on consoles, it'll give you a huge advantage. :) Not as big of an advantage as arcade experience but anyways, haha. :grin:

LoneStar, click on the "FAQs and Guides" image and go to "Ragna the Bloodedge". :) There you can find strategies and moveset infos etc.

6B>C>2C>2D>C>D>dc>6A>D>22C>RC>3C>22C>RC>GH

Awesome I'll give it a go when I next hit the BB machine. Thanks a plenty :)

EDIT: Looks like it's feasible to do until the first 22C, but somehow 100% tension for that extra bit of damage doesn't seem to sit well with me.

Who are you doing it against, it only works on specific characters, and only in the corner. Only works vs ragna, arakune, and I think one other, if you go back a few pages it's listed.

Who are you doing it against, it only works on specific characters, and only in the corner. Only works vs ragna, arakune, and I think one other, if you go back a few pages it's listed.

Hmmm I didn't know it was character specific.

EDIT: Here we are:

blah blah blah here's a combo from the newest Tougeki Spirits:

(corner, opponent crouch, versus Ragna, Arakune, Hakumen); 6B-5C-2C-2D, 5C-5D(2) -(DC)> 6A-5D(2) -> 22C -(RC)> dash 3C -> 22C -(RC)> 214B -> 214D

Damage: 5805

Combo was demonstrated on the DVD versus another Ragna, looks like it took away around 70% of his lifebar.

i can't for the life of me continue a combo after a GH or TK GH... what the hell am i doing wrong? i already delayed the additional hit but there's always not enough time for my dash abit 6A to connect

i can't for the life of me continue a combo after a GH or TK GH...

what the hell am i doing wrong? i already delayed the additional hit but there's always not enough time for my dash abit 6A to connect

5b before 6a, sucka:RG:

Some more quick Ragna questions:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UGfC9Y-TzLc

What's the massive combo after Blood Kain-ing at around 2:38?

Any reliable ways to combo into 2D for 5C relaunch? And for that matter, is it better to relaunch with 2B 5C or just 5C alone?

Just to confirm: The second hit of Carnage Scissors comes out after you release the D, and it's damage is measured by how long you hold the D?

Some more quick Ragna questions:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UGfC9Y-TzLc

What's the massive combo after Blood Kain-ing at around 2:38?

After Blood Kain, he does a hj.D (JC), delayed j.D, land, 5D, dash cancel, 6D, j.D (JC), j.D, Inferno Divider (623D) -> Upper (236C) -> Kakato Otoshi (214C).

Any reliable ways to combo into 2D for 5C relaunch? And for that matter, is it better to relaunch with 2B 5C or just 5C alone?

You can combo into 2D on a crouching opponent, so 6B, 5C, 2D ought to work provided that you hit them because they were blocking the wrong way as opposed to just not blocking at all.

As for using 2B, 5C as a relaunch, 5C on it's own works just fine off a 2D. 2B, 5C is really only necessary if you knocked them down with a 3C, but if you're up close you should just go for 22C instead.

After Blood Kain, he does a hj.D (JC), delayed j.D, land, 5D, dash cancel, 6D, j.D (JC), j.D, Inferno Divider (623D) -> Upper (236C) -> Kakato Otoshi (214C).

You can combo into 2D on a crouching opponent, so 6B, 5C, 2D ought to work provided that you hit them because they were blocking the wrong way as opposed to just not blocking at all.

As for using 2B, 5C as a relaunch, 5C on it's own works just fine off a 2D. 2B, 5C is really only necessary if you knocked them down with a 3C, but if you're up close you should just go for 22C instead.

Thanks for identifying the combo for me, I'll have to give it a go soon. Raggie really needs all the damage he can get.

Also, thanks for the input for combo-ing 2D, as well as the relaunching. Good stuff to know more about :)