Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Damned Wolfe

[CS2] Ragna General Discussion

How do you Play Ragna?  

185 members have voted

1. 1. How do you Play Ragna?

• Straight up Offense!
    • Bait in to Punish!
    • Defensive Punish!
    • Spam Hell's Fang and Inferno Divider moves!

Carnage scissor fires the 2 hits by himself, if you hold D you cancel 2nd hit.

Never noticed any increased damages by holding it a few.

There is no increased damage from delaying the 2nd hit, it gives a small combo opportunity afterward though

There is no increased damage from delaying the 2nd hit, it gives a small combo opportunity afterward though

Is there anyway to eye a proper delay of Carnage Scissor? I'm playing Ragna starting out, so just trying to get a feel for things. I'm not sure how long you charge the move or when the charge starts registering, so that's all I'm trying to understand.

Is there anyway to eye a proper delay of Carnage Scissor? I'm playing Ragna starting out, so just trying to get a feel for things. I'm not sure how long you charge the move or when the charge starts registering, so that's all I'm trying to understand.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dA6tWN2OC8M

2:18-2:25

First Carnage Scissor is not delayed, the one that follows is. Or...at least that's my understanding of it, I don't delay it myself so I don't know for certain what it appears like. Regardless, you shouldn't have to charge it for longer than 2-3 seconds or they'll hit the floor by then.

Can any one tell me how to connect 3C

after HF rc into 6D.jD .5B ?

Dash after the Hell's Fang RC. Trying to put dash momentum into the 5B will help too, but it's not always necessary.

Dash after the Hell's Fang RC. Trying to put dash momentum into the 5B will help too, but it's not always necessary.

How does it work

fang RC, 66D, release 6, jD on slight delay, 66, release 6 asap and 5B; is how i do. depending on the stick i play on, i tend to do 6B tho instead sliding 5B :vbang:

So to all the arcade goers, how has your success been with Ragna?

Pretty good so far. I'm debating whether to stick with Ragna or go to someone else.

Pretty good so far. I'm debating whether to stick with Ragna or go to someone else.

Do you feel Ragna is lacking in something you want?:psyduck:

Ragna is hella straightforward. If you want a lot of bells and whistles with your character, you're in the wrong place. I mean, you can try and get fancy with it by using Blood Kain a lot, but I personally don't recommend doing it much.

fancy is me im gonna be a burst baiting fiend when i get my hands on this game

Ragna is hella straightforward. If you want a lot of bells and whistles with your character, you're in the wrong place.

I mean, you can try and get fancy with it by using Blood Kain a lot, but I personally don't recommend doing it much.

Yeah, I'm not looking for gimmick character, got enough of that with Cammy. :v:

I just hope Ragna has a solid game, I know at high levels he becomes more of a defensive character.

he has an extremely solid game he is capable of making almost any random poke into a combo has a DP with combo ability throws can generate good damage his long reaching poke (5B) is quick and CH city just overall good pokes for guaranteed damage and kd

he has an extremely solid game

he is capable of making almost any random poke into a combo

has a DP with combo ability

throws can generate good damage

his long reaching poke (5B) is quick and CH city

just overall good pokes for guaranteed damage and kd

Hell's fang on counterhit is a free combo into almost anything too :yaaay:

Hmm... I think I took that particular combo from a Japanese wiki or BBS or something, but yeah, it looks like it doesn't work properly (at least not as standard). Oh well, finishing it with just the 22C on it's own is perfectly fine. It sets you up nicely for a reset. Edit: It seems that was an error on my part. I checked the wiki in question, and the combo stops at 5C, so I imagine I just assumed it would end with Hell's Fang -> Tsuika.

how do you read this? i bet everyone is playing right now - - LoL

how do you read this? i bet everyone is playing right now - - LoL

A = weak

B = medium

C = heavy

D = drive

as for the directions, look at the number pad on your keyboard

7 8 9

4 5 6

1 2 3

Think of the center of your d-pad as 5, forward is 6, back is 4 etc.

So a 214A means a quarter circle back with weak attack. 2A means low weak attack, etc. And if it ever says 5A/5B whatever that means standing, no direction input.

A = weak

B = medium

C = heavy

D = drive

as for the directions, look at the number pad on your keyboard

7 8 9

4 5 6

1 2 3

Think of the center of your d-pad as 5, forward is 6, back is 4 etc.

So a 214A means a quarter circle back with weak attack. 2A means low weak attack, etc. And if it ever says 5A/5B whatever that means standing, no direction input.

sweet thanks im gonna try learn how to play.. LoL pretty hard, i cant beat that girl summon swords and stop me from walking.. have fun playing btw! i know i did

Hmmm, I developed a pretty sick combo to do in Blood Kain, but I'm waiting until I get my capture card so I can upload a video first. I honestly think it's gonna become a huge part of Ragna's BK game, so I'm trying to get this up ASAP before someone else figures it out. Soon everyone will be running the "jiyuna loop" :thumbu:

i just saw a comment in nicovideo where it says in the corner if ragna does the 4+B+C throw it can connect to his black onslaught astral heat, any1 care to test?

1. 5B, 5C, 5D (DC), 214A > 214D, 5B ~ Does around 3100 damage. I can't figure out how to finish it, they can tech way too fast after 5B.

D divider ?

or tech trap that, 5B, jump n' grab yo :eng101: