Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Damned Wolfe

[CS2] Ragna General Discussion

How do you Play Ragna?  

185 members have voted

1. 1. How do you Play Ragna?

• Straight up Offense!
    • Bait in to Punish!
    • Defensive Punish!
    • Spam Hell's Fang and Inferno Divider moves!

anyone know how many frames 214a hitstuns on none counter hit? or rather, if im at a frame advantage or not when i conenct 214a but don't follow up

What are some good followups to a CH 2D? I used to do the standard air combo, but trying to change my game more towards securing knockdowns and combos ending with 22C.

Pretty sure I've seen Kaqn do a 5B>6A>GH>5B>6A>Air combo off a CH 2D. I don't really use 2D much to be honest, I mostly fish for CH with HF, 2C or 5C.

Ch 2d leads to any of your standard 22C combos, you just dash up after hitting and do 22C when they land. Basically treat landing a CH 2d like you would landing a 3c, unless you have tension to burn and want to do a BK combo or something.

What are some good followups to a CH 2D?

I used to do the standard air combo, but trying to change my game more towards securing knockdowns and combos ending with 22C.

I don't even remember the last time I landed a CH 2D.

but yeah, what KatanaDash said. or if you aren't in position/don't have meter to do a double 22C combo, you can also do this (on everyone except Jin, Rachel, Carl, and Hakumen):

CH 2D, (they land) 5C, 5D(1), 214A, 22C

On normal hit? 34 frames of hitstun, +1 frame advantage on hit.

Speaking of which, what are some options after Hells? I've gotten into the habit of doing the followup almost immediately and thats definitely detrimental to my game.

(on everyone except Jin, Rachel, Carl, and Hakumen)

CH 2D, (they land) 5C, 5D(1), 214A, 22C

Hmm... doing the above combo off a regular 2D works on Haku-Men, why doesn't CH 2D?

Speaking of which, what are some options after Hells? I've gotten into the habit of doing the followup almost immediately and thats definitely detrimental to my game.

2A into either 2B (do 3C, 22C into combo on hit), 6B (do 5C, 6C into combo on hit) or tick throw. If either 2B or 6B is blocked, you can 3C and jump cancel to stay safe.

Hmm... doing the above combo off a regular 2D works on Haku-Men, why doesn't CH 2D?

It might work on him then, maybe I just messed up. I thought it was weird that something wouldn't work on Hakumen.

I don't like stopping after first hit of HF hits much, it usually ends up worse for me. At only +1 it seems like it's not hard for them to hit you out of something or get away.

Well, against Haku-Men, I tend to alter my timing with the combo slightly, just mess around with it. In regards to stopping after Hell's Fang, it usually just depends on where I am on the screen and just how badly I want to land some really big damage. I don't do it too often, but sneaking in a 6B is the most satisfying thing in the world when it works. I believe doing 5A after Hell's Fang will catch Jin and Tager out of their jump attempts if you've conditioned them into expecting 2A though.

I usually stop after Hell's Fang if I get too many jabs in the beginning of the combo. I'll drop it after connecting with Hell's and go for something like a back throw combo, or just restart the same thing with mixups.

I believe doing 5A after Hell's Fang will catch Jin and Tager out of their jump attempts if you've conditioned them into expecting 2A though.

360 a

Which isn't invulnerable until frame 3. Tager needs to be very much on point. I mean, to be fair, reversals beat all of it clean anyway.

np man nice to see other people using the +1 to do mixups I've had a few people disagree with me doing it for awhile but I really like being close to the other guy to get another shot at mixups.

Anyone have any advice for me? As a beginner Ragna player and a noob, I can usually do his combos in Training Mode, but when I go into an actual match it's like I can't remember any of them and I end up doing something stupid easy and simple like 5B, 5C, 214A, 214D, or 5B, 5C, 5D, 214 B, 214 D. I can't seem to remember the combos from the combo thread, and by the time I'm remembering one it's usually too late. Are there any good, effective combos(like ones that end in 22C or something) that I should focus on doing whenever I have an opening? I hate getting confused at all the combos and their situations and then ending up doing 5B, 5C, Hell's Fang or something. It doesn't even feel satisfying to win a match with those. Sorry for the dumb question. Also, in case you want to ignore the question above for a slightly less-dumb one, I'm having trouble doing 214 A, RC, 6D, j.D, 5B, 3C. I always seem to be out of range for 3C after I do the 5B and it will just whiff. How do you guys connect it?

i started to pick up ragna a few weeks ago, and i actually liking him more better then noel and i might switch over to him as my main, as far as remembering combos down, a good way to do this is by 2 things: 1. have a buddy with you in training mode and try them there or 2. play vs the AI in training mode or verses mode. thats what i do, ive got to print those combos out so then i can really start to practice them to get better at them.

Also, in case you want to ignore the question above for a slightly less-dumb one, I'm having trouble doing 214 A, RC, 6D, j.D, 5B, 3C. I always seem to be out of range for 3C after I do the 5B and it will just whiff. How do you guys connect it?

You need to sort of buffer a dash both when you rapid for the 6D and right after you hit with your delayed j.D or it won't connect. =o

So your input data would be like

:d::db::b::abt:, :abt::bbt::f::cbt::f::dbt:, :dbt::f::f:, :bbt:,:df::cbt:

That's more or less what I do, anyway.

Ok, so not only is this the first day i have played BlazBlue, but i have never played a Guilty Gear game in my life. In fact, the first fighter that i have taken seriously is Street Fighter IV. Before Street Fighter IV the only other fighting games i played were playstation games (which were only like 2 or 3). I was so young when i played them i dont even remember which games (didn't take them seriously either). So lately i have been going to Shoryuken and i have gotten better with Street Fighter. So in hopes of getting the same results i have come here. So enough with the history of my life, on to the questions. Ok so i chose Ragna because i like how he plays. I like the characters which are basic to learn, but has a lot of depth (for example: ryu in street fighter). So i know the basic of the basic stuff. I watched the extra DVD with the tutorial type video. All this is very overwhelming, i mean i have the basics down, i can do all of his moves. Comboing his moves together is totally different though. In the combo vid there are inputs on the very left, then a little to the right are another set of inputs, can someone explain this to me?? I have yet to take a look at the combo thread, which i will read after i make this, but i have taken a look at the video thread. and the combo vids are confusing without explanation. Besides help with the combos, i have specific questions too. What is a good anti air with ragna? Also what is a good meathod of keeping pressure on the opponent? What should I do if the opponent constantly blocks? Also i use the distortion move where he dashes then stikes again after that. What does it mean if its delayable. And sometimes he does a two hitter with that, other times he only does the dash with the one slash. I think that is due to me pressing the drive button after. I do that because one friend told me to press the drive button after the dash slash to do the extra hit. But another told me that it stops the second hit. Im confused with that, so can someone clear it up for me? Thanks for help in advance. - the newb :yaaay:

Good anti-air is 6A. Standard strings are a good way to keep pressure. 5A/2A, 5B/2B, 5C, any special -> followup 5B, 5C, 5D, delay 214A -> 214D 5A/2A, 5B/2B, 5C, 2C, 214A -> 214D 3 Combos you should learn as a basic tactic. The BNB air combo which is a must know is: j.C, j.D (JC), j.C, j.D, 623D -> 236C -> 214C IS A MUST KNOW. And then learn: j.B, j.C (JC), j.C, j.D, 623D -> 236C -> 214C Learn these and you'll understand how Ragna creates pressure. Experience and insight through how the combos work will give you the ability to create pressure with Ragna. Also watch Kaqn on youtube. There isn't a couple of sentences or a flow chart for Ragna. He is not one of the top 3.

oh man, i understand that, but im just soo used to qcb qcf and srk. but i will have to adjust. and that seems pretty complex but thank you a bunch, i will try those in training.

Sindarin got it covered. Do learn those combos.

Two Ragna combo vids I recommend watching are

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g1nP-gruS3I

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SEZCcNtLHSo

But do watch Kaqn fight to see how those combos get put into use AND watch how he maneuvers around the screen. Doesn't help to know combos but not know how to get yourself into position to do them.

Another thing I'd add to learning the basics for Ragna specifically is to do his Gauntlet Hades after throwing, that's two free hits after throwing right there. Soon you'll learn how to put a delay on GH to do a longer combo, but for now just settle for GH after a throw.

Took me awhile to figure this out but if you hear someone mention TK Gauntlet Hades it means to make it like Tiger Knee... adding a jumping input with the move. Rather than doing 214B do 2147B to add a jump to it. I wouldn't worry about that now but farther down the road you'll deal with it.

For his Carnage Scissors distortion drive I think you're holding D too long which is causing the single slash. You have to let go of D for him to do the 2nd hit.