Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Damned Wolfe

[CS2] Ragna General Discussion

How do you Play Ragna?  

185 members have voted

1. 1. How do you Play Ragna?

• Straight up Offense!
    • Bait in to Punish!
    • Defensive Punish!
    • Spam Hell's Fang and Inferno Divider moves!

thanks, so with the story covered, back to the topic. Ok here is another question for you guys. At the beggining of the match, is it best to guard or go in with an attack, im guessing it depends on the person i face??

For me it's depends on the person i face and what option their character has at the beginning of the match, if they like defensive maneuver like iad back(except Hakumen) tkGH would catch them, if they like being offensive running ID would take care of their stuff

Can anyone list these in a beginner, intermediate, and advanced format? Like the first combos you should learn, and list them as they get progressively harder? Something for extreme nublets to learn from as they increase in skill.

Can anyone list these in a beginner, intermediate, and advanced format? Like the first combos you should learn, and list them as they get progressively harder? Something for extreme nublets to learn from as they increase in skill.

Just try them all and you'll know which ones are beginner or expert. But someone else listed a good set of beginning combos.

http://www.dustloop.com/forums/showpost.php?p=435424&postcount=2

For me it's depends on the person i face and what option their character has at the beginning of the match, if they like defensive maneuver like iad back(except Hakumen) tkGH would catch them, if they like being offensive running ID would take care of their stuff

QFT

Also starting with a 5C works on some characters too. Like Excelence is saying it depends on the person. Some characters like Taokaka can punish you faster than you can punish them. It's all about experience. That's where the majority of these questions get answered. :eng101:

Mind if I play too? I'd like to play with/learn from other Ragnas.

Of course! I'll play with anyone! Just add me on XBL and send an invite. Or if I am in a room and I see you log on, I'll send one.

I have been playing the story only at first. Recently though, I have been playing more online, but with school starting up I won't be able to play as much :( . Generally is it safe to jump back then tkGH? And I know starting with the same move is bad so I mix it up when rounds starts. All in all thanks to evryone who helped, I seem to be getting better. Only thing is i tend to choke on matches I should have won. For example: it's round three and and I have more than half of my health and my opponent has like 25% left. Next thing I know i'm dead. So I have to work on that, but thanks again for everything so far guys.

Honestly that's just part of playing Ragna. The game can change at any moment with the amount of health you have. fTK is pretty good but I don't think you can whip it out fast enough after something like a back dash or forward dash. It sounds like to me that you might just be having trouble controlling your movements. Remember when dashing it takes time to recover from the dash before you're allowed to input. Try taking your time and blocking your friends attacks. Punish his strings and then gain momentum. There's more than one way to play Ragna. You don't have to be attacking in a rush down fashion. :vbang:

After barrier blocking, what is a good move/combo/special to punish with. Also in the first page momentum is said to be a must for offense. What are good ways to start momentum. Usually i use 5A 5B 5C tkGH 214A - 214D (forgot what it's called) 6C 2A How do you guys get things going? Another question i have is about wen people put 2X. I thought back then a button is the same as the button nuetral. For example 2A = 5A, Is there a plus when using 2A??

214A (RC), dash 6D, j.D, dash 5B, 3C, 22C In the above combo... After dash 6D,j.D... when inputting in the dash 5B my training dummy blocks it. Is this on purpose? I can continue the combo into 3C 22C still but the 5B just whiffs on a shield. Am I not inputting in the dash cancel correctly perhaps for "6D, j.D, dash 5B". If so, any tips on when to put in the input? Thanks :D

They won't be able to block at any time during the combo if you did it right. If you aren't already, delay the j.D a bit after the 6D. It makes it easier. Just put the dash in after the j.D hits and it should work.

i have the sick habbit of doing, 5B>5C>5D>Dash cancel strings...im trying to break it for something more lucrative...but its hard.

instead of 5D,just do Ground Shark instead, if they barrier guard,its a bonus for you to start it again, 5B,5C,214D, then if they try to do something after Dead Spike, 5C usually gets them, and from there follow up with 214A+D.

holy shit i thought dead spike was just for show! i didnt think to do that. in fights i use dead spike as a slow poke but i didnt think it fucks them on barrier.

You need to sort of buffer a dash both when you rapid for the 6D and right after you hit with your delayed j.D or it won't connect. =o

So your input data would be like

:d::db::b::abt:, :abt::bbt::f::cbt::f::dbt:, :dbt::f::f:, :bbt:,:df::cbt:

That's more or less what I do, anyway.

I said this, earlier. It should help. If the training dummy is blocking your 5B, it means you're doing it too slow. =O

holy shit i thought dead spike was just for show! i didnt think to do that.

in fights i use dead spike as a slow poke but i didnt think it fucks them on barrier.

5B 214D = Massive mind games if you know how to use it right. Catch someone trying to jump you can rush in for a quick 5B 6A. If they know they can't attack after the 214D, you can slide in a bit closer for low high mix up uncontest'd against just about anyone.

Also, to Sindarin I use 5A and 2A to find holes in block strings. All you need is a frame for 623C. Yeah...i'll take a slight combo to the face to know that after X move I can fly right on out.

5B 214D = Massive mind games if you know how to use it right. Catch someone trying to jump you can rush in for a quick 5B 6A. If they know they can't attack after the 214D, you can slide in a bit closer for low high mix up uncontest'd against just about anyone.

Also, to Sindarin I use 5A and 2A to find holes in block strings. All you need is a frame for 623C. Yeah...i'll take a slight combo to the face to know that after X move I can fly right on out.

hmm i'll keep that in mind, hope not to run in on you online.

In that combo, is the HF RC supposed to come from a combo like 5B, 5C, HF, or just by itself? Also, what is the point behind combos ending in 22C? Is it so that it's easier to start a fresh pressure string, or to finish with a knockdown after it?

Ok, so not only is this the first day i have played BlazBlue, but i have never played a Guilty Gear game in my life. In fact, the first fighter that i have taken seriously is Street Fighter IV. Before Street Fighter IV the only other fighting games i played were playstation games (which were only like 2 or 3). I was so young when i played them i dont even remember which games (didn't take them seriously either). So lately i have been going to Shoryuken and i have gotten better with Street Fighter. So in hopes of getting the same results i have come here. So enough with the history of my life, on to the questions.

Ok so i chose Ragna because i like how he plays. I like the characters which are basic to learn, but has a lot of depth (for example: ryu in street fighter). So i know the basic of the basic stuff. I watched the extra DVD with the tutorial type video. All this is very overwhelming, i mean i have the basics down, i can do all of his moves. Comboing his moves together is totally different though. In the combo vid there are inputs on the very left, then a little to the right are another set of inputs, can someone explain this to me?? I have yet to take a look at the combo thread, which i will read after i make this, but i have taken a look at the video thread. and the combo vids are confusing without explanation. Besides help with the combos, i have specific questions too. What is a good anti air with ragna? Also what is a good meathod of keeping pressure on the opponent? What should I do if the opponent constantly blocks? Also i use the distortion move where he dashes then stikes again after that. What does it mean if its delayable. And sometimes he does a two hitter with that, other times he only does the dash with the one slash. I think that is due to me pressing the drive button after. I do that because one friend told me to press the drive button after the dash slash to do the extra hit. But another told me that it stops the second hit. Im confused with that, so can someone clear it up for me? Thanks for help in advance.

- the newb :yaaay:

I main ragna as well. like each character ragna has a strategy, pressure the opponent. a great anti air that i use is 6A, it leaves you open for some pretty decent combos. you could follow up with an air juggle or 6D JD. Another great ragna strategy is 5C for the first hit. it has such great range you don't have to move from the starting point and its got great frame advantage. from there you can follow up with hells fang or gauntlet hades, which doesn't actually combo but it is an overhead so its pretty hard to block. if you opponent is always blocking you really want to work on your high low mix up. try 5B 2B 5C 2C then combo whatever special move you like. 3C is an excellent sweep and if your fast enough throw in 2 2 C and ragna will grab them off the ground. or you can follow 3C with dead spike or inferno divider. a really great combo i like to use is 2D it will ground them then go with 5C jC into his air juggle. as for the carnage scissors it will only hit once if the first hit is blocked. its a great move but it has almost no invincibility. during the first few seconds but not during the dashing animation. but don't use it alone try using 5D and immediately follow it will carnage scissors. it will combo and it take a pretty good amount of damage. remember combos are sweet and all but if you really want to turn the tide don't use a stupid long combo, the more hits you get in the less damage your combo will do. and delayable means you can do the motion for hells fang and immedietly follow it with the next hit or wait a few seconds.

i hope this helps. i know ragna's combos inside and out so lemme know if you need more help!

That combo mostly starts off of a 5B, 5C because you have it guaranteed. You shouldn't be Hell's Fanging randomly for combo starters. Ending combos in 22C gives you an advantage to start pressure. It's also pretty damaging.

That combo mostly starts off of a 5B, 5C because you have it guaranteed. You shouldn't be Hell's Fanging randomly for combo starters.

Ending combos in 22C gives you an advantage to start pressure. It's also pretty damaging.

Maybe I expressed myself wrong... what I meant to ask was this:

When I punish someone with a HF, is this what I should be doing?

Also, is this combo the most efficient way to use my heat?