Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Damned Wolfe

[CS2] Ragna General Discussion

How do you Play Ragna?  

185 members have voted

1. 1. How do you Play Ragna?

• Straight up Offense!
    • Bait in to Punish!
    • Defensive Punish!
    • Spam Hell's Fang and Inferno Divider moves!

Also, is it possible to follow up with a CH CS? I think I've done it once, but the guy might of not teched.

frrt.

Edit: Is the timing different (the time you hold down D)?

I don't understand why people use 5c > 2c > HF when they could be using 5c > 5d > 66 > 6a > air combo...the second combo is much more damaging and 5d happens to be blocked you are in a safer position as compared to HF. And how come it seems that pro ragnas don't use air combos as much as ground combos?

4+b+c > black onslaught

CH GH > black onslaught

CH 6A > black onslaught

can you do black onslaught while in bk mode? if it's possible then maybe in bk mode GH > additional > black onslaught

does anyone know of anything that combos into black onslaught. 4+BC then black onslaught does not work. I'm not sure what CH means either?

Air combo leaves you in a shitty position cause they're on the floor when you're still falling from the sky. Hell's fang at least shoves them far away from you or into the corner. You may need to sacrifice damage for positioning

And I think I figured out the answer to my CH CS question. It only follows up when you're near corner. If you're in too deep, it doesn't work sometimes. It's weird, play around with it

does anyone know of anything that combos into black onslaught. 4+BC then black onslaught does not work. I'm not sure what CH means either?

CH = counterhit.

4+BC -> Black Onslaught only works if you throw them into the corner. May be character-specific as well.

You can also do 6C -> dash cancel -> Black Onslaught.

CH 3C -> Black Onslaught

Can some 1 help me with this combo.

(crouching opponent only) 5C,2D,5C,214A, 5A, 5B, 6A, 5D, 214A,214D

stuck at the 5A 5B 6A. uppercut dosent connects or i only get 1 hit from 5D.

I can't recall what circumstances that works in, but replacing 5D, 214A -> 214D with an air combo tends to be far more consistent. Against Jin, Rachel and probably Carl, I don't think you can even get the 5A off as they generally hit the ground earlier than desired.

I cannot for the life of me land his 2D combos I've been practicing on Noel, and she always either techs between the 5C and 5D, or after the 5D. Is there any kind of super secret to landing them on Noel?

ok heres another question. as another ragna player, will an octogonal gate help. I plan to get one for street fighter because i use ryu/akuma, so an octo gate would help. Will the octo gate help me or screw me up?

I cannot for the life of me land his 2D combos

I've been practicing on Noel, and she always either techs between the 5C and 5D, or after the 5D. Is there any kind of super secret to landing them on Noel?

No, I don't think so. I remember when I was trying some of the combos involving 2D, it wasn't letting me do the whole thing unless I started from just 2D. I figured they were errors in the combo list, but I could be wrong.

Okay, just did some testing against a crouching Noel. 5C, 2D, 5C, 5D (DC), 6A into whatever works as normal. 5C, 2D, 5C, 5D (1 hit), 214A, 22C works, but you can't really follow-up the 22C like you normally can. 5C, 2D, 5C, 214A, 5A, 5B, 6A (HJC), air combo doesn't work, nor does 5A, 5B, 5D, 214A -> 214D, untechable time gets too short after the 5B. Without the 5C, everything works as it should. The combo list has been edited where appropriate, sorry for any confusion.

anyone know any good Tager specific combos. I usually do Air Dash J.C,J.D, 5B,2B,5C,2C,214A,RC,6DD,5B,5C,5D,214B+D. I know there's gotta be something better than this to do to Tager...

anyone know any good Tager specific combos. I usually do Air Dash J.C,J.D, 5B,2B,5C,2C,214A,RC,6DD,5B,5C,5D,214B+D. I know there's gotta be something better than this to do to Tager...

Seriously? If I could do this in training alone I would bust a nut in my pants.

ok heres another question. as another ragna player, will an octogonal gate help. I plan to get one for street fighter because i use ryu/akuma, so an octo gate would help. Will the octo gate help me or screw me up?

Also curious about this. Right now I've got a square and was thinking about picking up an octo

You're probably better off doing the usual dash 6D, j.D, dash 5B, 3C, 22C after the RC, which works on everyone anyway. If you're desperate for a Tager-only combo though, 5B, 5C, j.C, j.D, 214B -> delay 214D, 5B, 6A (HJC), air combo works a treat.

the delayed hit in GH, I can't seem to get the timing for it, I delay it and they tech right as soon as I do my 5B and it kinda makes me frustrated,or when I do it right I get the 5B but then I can't hit them with 6A because of the spacing...

the delayed hit in GH, I can't seem to get the timing for it, I delay it and they tech right as soon as I do my 5B and it kinda makes me frustrated,or when I do it right I get the 5B but then I can't hit them with 6A because of the spacing...

If you want a visual cue. Input the follow up of of GH RIGHT as Ragna's feet are about to touch the ground.

Thats how I do it.

If you have a vewlix cab w/ blaz in it, those are default square gates, square gates are always the default. If say you need to borrow a stick from someone, chances are they'll have the square gate. Personally, i've never tried an octo-gate, but i am way used to a square gate, and friends who i borrow a stick from have square gates as well. I guess it's just a matter of getting used to, I just like the default preference.

I cannot for the life of me land his 2D combos

I've been practicing on Noel, and she always either techs between the 5C and 5D, or after the 5D. Is there any kind of super secret to landing them on Noel?

I think the super secret to noel is that she gets to tech earlier :psyduck:

Like I don't get it, she gets to tech out much faster then the other characters. At first I thought it was her hitbox was weird or something, but there must be a reason why it's much harder to link combos with her.

Keep practicing combos on Noel, it's good practice to get the timing down stat.

Noel makes me rage with this combo. Do what Darkhonor90 said and try to find a video of a Ragna doing this combo to see where his feet are when you do the follow up. And start doing 5c after GH follow up cause the damage is more (timing is harder :(). And really I never try to go for a 5B 6A combo from GH just because the timing on that is dumb and you're probably going to miss. Just do 5B DID and follow ups. Only time I do 5B 6A from GH are backthrows and 6C GH 5B 6A combos

My brother put an octo gate on one of the joysticks he has so I can to try it out. I felt like I was starting over on learning to use the stick with an octo because I had to travel further to reach those up/down/left/right directions. It really is a difference. You better be quicker with your left hand if you want to dash. It's really all on preference, going to have to try it out if it's right for you. I think it's pretty cheap so you're not going to go broke buying just to try it.

Check out this place if you really want to understand the design and mechanics of the joystick.

http://slagcoin.com/joystick/restrictors.html

The only time that I've ever really heard of an octagonal gate helping is if you play characters that require 360/720 movements. If you're having trouble playing on a square gate it's not because of the gate, it's because you just haven't gotten used to using a stick yet. Changing the gate will probably only confuse you more. One of the things that helped me out the most was looking at the different grips people use for holding their stick and finding what was most comfortable for me. If you're having trouble dashing with a stick it's probably because you are trying to do the double tap motion with your whole arm / hand instead of using your wrist. One of the best pieces of advice I've read about using a stick is how you should never have to touch the edges of your gate at all unless you are doing it to confirm a 1379, or the end of a movement. Every time you hear a click on your stick it means that it's moved to a new position so just get comfortable with the range of your stick and practice more! The way i hold my stick is with my thumb on one side and my index and middle finger on the other. I use this for all of my motions EXCEPT for dashing. When i dash I let go of the stick and tap it twice using my palm if I'm dashing right and I use my thumb when dashing left. It took me about two to three weeks of working on it before I was comfortable with it, now I can barely play with a pad =)

Been winning against good Arakunes, Nus, and Rachels lately. Ragna is love <3 Only problem is that Arakune's match up is extremely retarded, a whole lot harder than Nu and Rachel.