Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Damned Wolfe

[CS2] Ragna General Discussion

How do you Play Ragna?  

185 members have voted

1. 1. How do you Play Ragna?

• Straight up Offense!
    • Bait in to Punish!
    • Defensive Punish!
    • Spam Hell's Fang and Inferno Divider moves!

Dead Spike does not launch on ground hit regardless, so you can't start any juggles with it. After Inferno Divider follows your typical follow up is 5B into D uppercut anyways (in other words you don't have a lot of time to do much else).

Huh, I would've thought that the 22C would come out regardless. That's good to know though.

22C can't be done unless the opponent is knocked down, so if you do 3C > 22C and it's blocked, nothing happens. That's why rapidly inputting 5D afterwards works to get you the best of both worlds: if you hit them, the 22C cancel comes out, and if you don't, you gatling into 5D.

Dead Spike does not launch on ground hit regardless, so you can't start any juggles with it. After Inferno Divider follows your typical follow up is 5B into D uppercut anyways (in other words you don't have a lot of time to do much else).

I see 5B 6A instead of 5B D uppercut in vids a lot, but I can only get it to work 30% of the time. Is it character specific? or does the spacing have to be just right?

22C can't be done unless the opponent is knocked down, so if you do 3C > 22C and it's blocked, nothing happens. That's why rapidly inputting 5D afterwards works to get you the best of both worlds: if you hit them, the 22C cancel comes out, and if you don't, you gatling into 5D.

Oh yeah, duh, it slipped my mind that 22C can only be initiated (as opposed to only working) after a knockdown.

I see 5B 6A instead of 5B D uppercut in vids a lot, but I can only get it to work 30% of the time. Is it character specific? or does the spacing have to be just right?

Works when you're 'right in the middle' of stage as oponent bounce back right over your head. Best to delay the last 236C so you visually fall down a bit before punching.

If you see he bounce too high/too far, dont bother and just 5B > D ID

I would hope so since he's the main character. I guess you'll know if he's fun or not if all your matches online are against him.

I would hope so since he's the main character. I guess you'll know if he's fun or not if all your matches online are against him.

I sure hope this doesn't happen. Its going to be like SF4 all over again T_T.

On a side note: Come on Double Blind Online Picking!! :D

yea, i wanted to pick Ragna(my first main in a fighter whos actually popular), but im afraid of this. all the noobs and super casual gamers might pick him and Jin....you know, the kilik/mitsurugi, ryu/ken players. hopefully BB attracts a more serious crowd =P....as if im so high and mighty *ahem

Since there's only 12 characters and it's a brand new franchise it won't be AS annoying to see nothing but Ragnas and Jins. Now ten months after the release of the game and there's still only Ragnas and Jins online then there's going to be one pissed off Quomple.

I've been meaning to ask this, but how many variations of Inferno Divider are there? He's got like 3 different followups and they all link I think....?

Two different versions of the move, C or D (D version has Soul Eater property). You can follow up with the Upper and then end with either a wallbounce or a heel drop.

Since there's only 12 characters and it's a brand new franchise it won't be AS annoying to see nothing but Ragnas and Jins. Now ten months after the release of the game and there's still only Ragnas and Jins online then there's going to be one pissed off Quomple.

somehow i doubt it'll just be ragna and jin players online...