Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Damned Wolfe

[CS2] Ragna General Discussion

How do you Play Ragna?  

185 members have voted

1. 1. How do you Play Ragna?

• Straight up Offense!
    • Bait in to Punish!
    • Defensive Punish!
    • Spam Hell's Fang and Inferno Divider moves!

hmm sounds good, normally i would do gauntlet off the first hit of 6C to get an overhead if they try to block low or if their across the screen and trying to get in by jumping. And also i don't know if its just my lack of skill but 5B, 6A, hj.C, j.D (JC), j.D, 623D -> 236C -> 214C doesn't seem to working that well against Carl, either he's to short/light or I'm hitting nirvana and she's absorbing a hit.

Yeah, that'll happen. Carl and Rachel are rather... uncooperative when it comes to pretty much all of Ragna's biggest combos. It's best to keep it simple against them.

dude so basically Ragna is almost as cool as Order-sol since hes like dante-sol but its not enough maybe if he had some sort of cloak like order-sol he would be the coolest character in the game but he is srsly battling it out with Haku-men right now i mean Ragna is still cooler but Dayum Haku-men is cool

I decided to start my invasion of the character forums. Here's a question: Does maining Sol give me an advantage in using Ragna? I know he's already an easy character to begin with but I'm just wondering since it seems like a lot of Ragna players used Sol or Order-Sol in GG.

I decided to start my invasion of the character forums. Here's a question: Does maining Sol give me an advantage in using Ragna? I know he's already an easy character to begin with but I'm just wondering since it seems like a lot of Ragna players used Sol or Order-Sol in GG.

Sorry but that's like the best signature EVER! i lol'ed so hard.

I mained OS in GG and went straight to Ragna =/ so i guess that answers that Quomple lol. Secondly, has anyone figured a good way to deal with Arakune? I keep getting my ass kicked by that teleporting blob =/.

I don't think it would give an advantage. The main reason Sol/Order Sol players play Ragna is probably more based on the fact that he's a similar character design than how he's played in the game. At least that's why I'm playing him (I play Sol in GG).

I've heard he doesn't actually play much like either of them, and I tend to agree from watching vids (haven't had the chance to try him myself). One thing I see people say different is Ragna has much better range on his attacks, and I can see that's true. Also, he doesn't have anything remotely like gunflame, where that's a huge part of Sol's game.

That's true Ragna doesn't have any projectiles but dead spike kinda reminded me of DI gunflame. Part of the reason I'm choosing to main Ragna is because I'm a Sol player and he seems slightly similar. And I always go for the badass main character in fighting games. If Ragna ever gets a grand viper I don't think I'll ever touch anyone else.

Secondly, has anyone figured a good way to deal with Arakune? I keep getting my ass kicked by that teleporting blob =/.

Make a thread about how terrible he is. I heard that works lol.

That's true Ragna doesn't have any projectiles but dead spike kinda reminded me of DI gunflame. Part of the reason I'm choosing to main Ragna is because I'm a Sol player and he seems slightly similar. And I always go for the badass main character in fighting games. If Ragna ever gets a grand viper I don't think I'll ever touch anyone else.

Yeah, but Dead Spike is mostly only used to end a block string or RARELY as an anti-wake up. You never just can throw it out, at any time really.

The only other thing that really kind of cripples Ragna from what i've seen is that he really can only approach from the ground (Via Hell's Fang mostly, or if you're desperate Gauntlet Hades. Carnage Scissor closes distance, but do you really want to waste 50% tension for that?), he doesn't have many effective air-to-ground moves from what i've seen other than j.C.

He is however INSANE at air combos, he can link near any of his specials into a ground combo and then link that into an air combo. It's crazy.

Yeah...i'm going to be having alot of fun playing as Ragna and learning all of those combos.

The only other thing that really kind of cripples Ragna from what i've seen is that he really can only approach from the ground (Via Hell's Fang mostly, or if you're desperate Gauntlet Hades. Carnage Scissor closes distance, but do you really want to waste 50% tension for that?), he doesn't have many effective air-to-ground moves from what i've seen other than j.C.

pro-tip: if your character has IAD, they can approach from the air as well as anyone else. you don't need a varied arsenal of "air-to ground moves" to get in on someone.

and i thought we got over this "does Ragna = Sol???" discussion six months ago. :rolleyes:

he doesn't have many effective air-to-ground moves from what i've seen other than j.C.

But I love to do j.B as my A2G :gonk: lol I find it effective if j.C is whiffing to much for me during the match, and that happens to me a lot :vbang: As for getting from across the screen to the opponent hell's fang is probably your best bet aside from just dashing in and then barrier to stop any chance of getting raped by a trap.

But ya recently I've been fooling around with 5D, seeing what i can do with it. And I'm starting to fall in love with 5D, 214A (optional 214D). OR counterhit 5D>C.Scissor :v:. And I don't find Scissor a waste of 50% unless i know i could be using it for blood kain. If the time arises where its landable, I'll go in for it.

Dead Spike is useless !

Edit: forgot, when going A2G you can also try and catch them with a j.D if your feeling bold or see something coming and react be4 hand. Caught many a Tager with this :yaaay:

But I love to do j.B as my A2G :gonk: lol I find it effective if j.C is whiffing to much for me during the match, and that happens to me a lot :vbang: As for getting from across the screen to the opponent hell's fang is probably your best bet aside from just dashing in and then barrier to stop any chance of getting raped by a trap.

But ya recently I've been fooling around with 5D, seeing what i can do with it. And I'm starting to fall in love with 5D, 214A (optional 214D). OR counterhit 5D>C.Scissor :v:. And I don't find Scissor a waste of 50% unless i know i could be using it for blood kain. If the time arises where its landable, I'll go in for it.

Dead Spike is useless !

Edit: forgot, when going A2G you can also try and catch them with a j.D if your feeling bold or see something coming and react be4 hand. Caught many a Tager with this :yaaay:

:psyduck:

dead spike might be useless in canada, but in actual gameplay with skilled players it's a very nice tool for Ragna to have. the move is slow to start, but leaves Ragna at +3 on block which allows him to repeat a pressure string or punish anyone who is scrub enough to press buttans.

Hi I'm relatively new here and IDK if this has been covered or not yet. I'm a Sol player and I have yet to have a chance to play BB at all, it's quite a quagmire why there isn't any place to play it here in Las Vegas. What things if any will find similar to Sol in Ragna?

People say just the feel of the character is the same. the badass look and main character title are as far as it goes. he plays different most obviously because the battle system has changed and other than being easy to pick up they are, fortunately, very different characters. IMHO

Hi I'm relatively new here and IDK if this has been covered or not yet.

I'm a Sol player and I have yet to have a chance to play BB at all, it's quite a quagmire why there isn't any place to play it here in Las Vegas. What things if any will find similar to Sol in Ragna?

He isn't that similar to NORMAL Sol, he's more or less a little bit (And I mean a LITTLE bit) like Sol + Order Sol

Hell's Fang = Order Sol's Rock It

Inferno Divider = Volcanic Viper

Yoko Fukitobashi = Sol's Sidewinder

Kakato Otoshi = Sol's Heel kick finisher after Volcanic Viper

Gauntlet Hades = Faster, more effective Bandit Revolver/Bandit Bringer

Blood Kain = Dragon Install

Even with most of those moves though, the resemblance is PURELY in the appearance of the move. He behaves completely different than both Sol and Order Sol and most of his special moves have unique follow up attacks that add on to the combo/damage/pressure which can give him a pretty decent mix up game.

If you like Sol though you'll probably be able to fit in with Ragna just fine. Just don't expect Ragna = Sol. The main difference between them I think is that Ragna actually has some decent overheads...

Thank you DeathAwaits and Prototype909. Now I have a little better understanding of Ragna before getting into the game.

Iuno, I still haven't really found any practical use for Dead Spike aside from just as a finisher, and even then I would most likely rather use Hell's Fang or a normal D move. And yes it does look cool and all but seriously, some cool moves are useless: example being Jam's 100 hit overdrive =/