Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Damned Wolfe

[CS2] Ragna General Discussion

How do you Play Ragna?  

185 members have voted

1. 1. How do you Play Ragna?

• Straight up Offense!
    • Bait in to Punish!
    • Defensive Punish!
    • Spam Hell's Fang and Inferno Divider moves!

interesting thing! i usually sticked to gauntlet hades (i mean, come on, if he got the life so low to take an astral, he'll die of gauntlet), but that could make some flashy finish! Gonna test that in a few.

Has anyone seen the combo section for Ragna on the bonus disc that came with the limited edition(aka the only edition)? I don't know the terminology for directions and moves everyone uses on these forums but I can never land the [standing B>C>Dx2>fwd dash>fwd A>jumping fwd C>D>jumping fwd D>inferno divider>uppercut>axekick]. This is the first complex combo that they show on Ragna's combo video. Every time I dash in for the fwd A(standing uppercut) the opponent always air rolls away. Am I too slow or is this combo for people that mess up timing their roll out? I was wondering if you guys can pull it off on an actual player because I'm only able to do it on the training dummy. Btw I'm using a 360 controller... not having the best time with it. I'll be getting my arcade stick soon.

You're probably just mistiming it. Make sure you're as close as possible when you start the combo, dash cancel the standing D as soon as the second hit connects and execute the f+A the instant you recover and you should get it.

Can someone please tell me how this combo works that Kaqn does at 2:25 in this video?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eIN52fHO_-w

How does he dash so fast after 5DD to get close enough for the 5B -> 3C -> 22C to connect? I've tried to do it for a while now, but it seems like they recover way too fast. I can go from 5DD straight into the 5B, but when I do it that way I'm not close enough to hit them with the 3C -> 22C.

Hmmm, I developed a pretty sick combo to do in Blood Kain, but I'm waiting until I get my capture card so I can upload a video first. I honestly think it's gonna become a huge part of Ragna's BK game, so I'm trying to get this up ASAP before someone else figures it out.

Soon everyone will be running the "jiyuna loop" :thumbu:

I'll look forward to it. but I won't call it that :I:

Can someone please tell me how this combo works that Kaqn does at 2:25 in this video?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eIN52fHO_-w

How does he dash so fast after 5DD to get close enough for the 5B -> 3C -> 22C to connect? I've tried to do it for a while now, but it seems like they recover way too fast. I can go from 5DD straight into the 5B, but when I do it that way I'm not close enough to hit them with the 3C -> 22C.

Someone a few posts ago had the same problem. and you mean 6D, not 5D.

Dash after the Hell's Fang RC. Trying to put dash momentum into the 5B will help too, but it's not always necessary.

It's tough to get used to at first, you need to put a dash in right after you RC Hell's Fang, and then again after the 6D > j.D for the 3C to reach.

If you're getting 6B after 6D > j.D, make sure you're returning to neutral before hitting B. One way that might make it easier to not get 6B is instead of waiting to go to neutral, try doing this:

6D > j.D > dash 4B

Also, delaying the j.D slightly after 6D gives you more time to dash 5B.

D divider ?

or tech trap that, 5B, jump n' grab yo :eng101:

Tried that. They can tech C or D divider, it's hairpullingly-frustrating.

Also, it's difficult to tech trap since Raggums can't jc his 5B or anything and players can like immediately attack after teching. >,<

Maybe throw out something dumb like 5A and trap from there. XD IAD IIII JUST WANNA TOOUUUCH YOUUUU. But then if they tech in a way that that doesn't work.. argh... I want this combo to work, but the ones that cancel from 1st hit of 5D are so much better. ;.;

Hmmm, I developed a pretty sick combo to do in Blood Kain, but I'm waiting until I get my capture card so I can upload a video first. I honestly think it's gonna become a huge part of Ragna's BK game, so I'm trying to get this up ASAP before someone else figures it out.

Soon everyone will be running the "jiyuna loop" :thumbu:

Lookin' forward to it. I love Blood Kain/Ragna Install/Angry Mode. I'd race you, but i'm too busy scratching my head at how to get the remaining 13% on R's story mode. losing to people I feel I shouldn't be losing to in ranked. =x

@The Thread: After finally getting the hang of dash cancelling the first hit of 5D, looks like you can relaunch from 5C or 2B or pick 'em up with 22C for more hitsies. No, it doesn't combo, but if I were on the receiving end, I wouldn't be expecting this to happen and would get startled and combo'd.

I am having trouble executing Inferno Divider any tips on how to do this (just started using an arcade stick) also what is DP+c/d stand for? Thanks in advanced.

DP stands for Dragon Punch. It's the motion you input for Inferno Divider.

Forward, Down, Downforward. It doesn't get any more basic. All I can say is push forward, move back to neutral and then roll down to down forward

If you don't have it on already, put input display on in training. Really helps with showing where you're messing something up.

sorry one more thing what is hell's fang RC entire combo?

I usually do A,B,C Hell's Fang, RC, Crouching A, Standing B, C, Hell's Fang, RC, Crouching A, Standing B,C,D then Gauntlet Hades. takes about 45-48% life. but its only for show,I don't think its worth 100% Heat just to do. :(

Don't throw in the A's in there, see how much damage you get then. Jabs prorate the heck out of Ragna's stuff. Also, jiyuna's combos are sexy. I'll let him post it.

Don't throw in the A's in there, see how much damage you get then. Jabs prorate the heck out of Ragna's stuff.

Also, jiyuna's combos are sexy. I'll let him post it.

it still do crappy damage even if u didn't use any A's in it, and yes 60% proration is like -> :vbang:

and...

Dunno where to ask, any of you guys ever got the problem Carnage Scissors that hit but got no follow up? (i meant it only do 1 hit on red beat combos and i didn't RC by accident) ... it happens several times on different character last week >_>

Thats happened to me also. I thought it was because I thought I did something wrong or my timing was off.

it still do crappy damage even if u didn't use any A's in it, and yes 60% proration is like -> :vbang:

and...

Dunno where to ask, any of you guys ever got the problem Carnage Scissors that hit but got no follow up? (i meant it only do 1 hit on red beat combos and i didn't RC by accident) ... it happens several times on different character last week >_>

Were you holding D? The second hit won't come out if you hold D. If not, I dunno. =x

Also, i'd like to note that the

5B, 5C, 5D(1hit), 5B, 6A, hj.C, j.D, (straight up, not toward the opponent)j.C, j.D, 623D, 236C, 214C

Blood Kain combo actually does MORE damage if you use 214B > 214D instead of D Inferno Divider. I guess because of proration. I changed it on my post and I move that we check all the other combos that contain 623D if 214B >214D does more damage.

i play a very scrubby Ragna and have been 5d>CS for 2 months straight and that thing was never happened before, but last week just on last inch of their life bar, if i got the 2nd hit is a guaranteed victory... but :psyduck: is this a similar Bug like Jin 1 hit Spear after Throw? @milln : no i didn't hold d and i've confirmed it before it happened again >_>

Hey any body got tips on doing the double otg throw combo, I can't seem to get it to work. I'm entering these comands 3C,22C,5B, D inferno divider, latest 236B, latest 236B, 22C but they always land to far away for the second 22C to connect. I'm doing it mid screen, but I can't seem to get it. does any one have a link to a video where some one uses it? or have any tips on the timing? I'm doing

I would like to note that the first hit of 5D does NOT have lifesteal, unfortunately.