Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Damned Wolfe

[CS2] Ragna General Discussion

How do you Play Ragna?  

185 members have voted

1. 1. How do you Play Ragna?

• Straight up Offense!
    • Bait in to Punish!
    • Defensive Punish!
    • Spam Hell's Fang and Inferno Divider moves!

Hey any body got tips on doing the double otg throw combo, I can't seem to get it to work.

I'm entering these comands

3C,22C,5B, D inferno divider, latest 236B, latest 236B, 22C but they always land to far away for the second 22C to connect.

I'm doing it mid screen, but I can't seem to get it. does any one have a link to a video where some one uses it? or have any tips on the timing?

I'm doing

As long as you're doing the first 236C as quickly as possible and the second 236C as late as possible, it shouldn't be an issue. Your timing has to be spot on against some characters though. Tager is surprisingly picky in regards to the timing, sometimes Noel too.

Ah, and in case you're still having trouble, I should probably mention that the above variation won't work on Jin, Rachel, Taokaka or Carl.

Anyone know if there are any requirements to relaunching with 5B -> 6A off of Gauntlet Hades? I've seen it done but have never been able to do it consistently, is it just a matter of timing?

Delay the followup significantly. It should be as late as possible. For consistency's sake, practice it off of the 4B+C -> 214B~214D combo and the 6B-5C-6C -> 214B~214D combo, as these are probably the two most common scenarios where you'll get that relaunch.

from my experience and please correct me if I'm wrong, you have to hit them out of the air when they are fairly low to the ground with GH, like after a throw or 6C, and you have to hit them early with the first hit, and as late as possible with the follow up.

Hey, looking for a bit of help with a couple of specifics. Can anyone explain to me how to link 5D[2 hits] to 22C in a corner? When performing Inferno divider © into the uppercut and straight punch outside of the corner, how do you judge whether to use 5B, 6A or just 5B to relaunch? And finally, are there any guidelines to be used when determining how long to delay the 214D after 214B for various followups? Appreciate your help!

Hey, looking for a bit of help with a couple of specifics.

Can anyone explain to me how to link 5D[2 hits] to 22C in a corner?

When performing Inferno divider © into the uppercut and straight punch outside of the corner, how do you judge whether to use 5B, 6A or just 5B to relaunch?

And finally, are there any guidelines to be used when determining how long to delay the 214D after 214B for various followups?

Appreciate your help!

For 5D, 22C, as long as you did a 3C or 2D previously during the same combo, 5D cancels into 22C just like any other special cancel. Note that this won't work during Blood Kain because 5D just bounces the opponent up.

As for 214B -> delay 214D, as long as you do 214B as fast as possible, just do 214D as late as you can without touching the ground. 214B has more untechable time than it seems.

Edit: Adding those Blood Kain combos to the list. Thanks guys.

I noticed there was a lack of Blood Kain specific combos, so I went and made some last night!

While in Blood Kain:

1. 5B, 5C, 5D (DC), 214A > 214D, 5B ~ Does around 3100 damage. I can't figure out how to finish it, they can tech way too fast after 5B.

2. 5B, 5C, 5D(1hit), 214A > 214D, 5B, 5D, 214B > 214D ~Does around 3740

3. 5B, 5C, 5D(1hit), 214A > 214D, (delay as much as possible)5B, 6A, hj.C, j.D, (straight up)j.C, j.D, 214B > 214D ~Does 4090.

I noticed that jiyuna's combos were posted, but mine were skipped over. Yeah, his do more damage, but mine are still good and useful. Especially if you like flashier combos with wall bounces and shiz. Makes me feel like i'm cool.

usually after 6A I do jump 5C,5D, jump 5C,5D DP+D,236C,236C,214C. Its a pretty flashy combo.

Usually 214B > 214D nets you more damage cause I just confirmed that all of our combos that end with D Inferno Divider do LESS damage than if they were ended with Gauntlet Hades. It's whether you want the knockdown or you want them in the air.

VETERU LOOP(in BK): 214B~D > 214B~D >214B~D > 214B~D > ?????

I've only gotten up to four reps in the corner, is it possible to do any more?

I can't even do four. =\ Combo counter 6 ftw. I swear i'm doing it perfect, too.

For 5D, 22C, as long as you did a 3C or 2D previously during the same combo, 5D cancels into 22C just like any other special cancel. Note that this won't work during Blood Kain because 5D just bounces the opponent up.

5D > 22c works just fine during BK. You can even do shit like 5b > 3c > 5d > BK > 5d > dash 5d > 22c.

4+b+c > black onslaught

CH GH > black onslaught

CH 6A > black onslaught

can you do black onslaught while in bk mode? if it's possible then maybe in bk mode GH > additional > black onslaught

You can, but you'll never have the Heat for it.

I have a question about the following throw combo:

5B+C, 214B -> delay 214D, 5C (HJC), air combo

You can see it in this video starting at about 7:15 for reference: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uXRAmNowDOI. From what I can tell, your ability to hit the 5C after the GH depends on the timing of when you actually perform the GH. It seems like if I buffer the GH as early as possible, then it won't ever connect. The only time it seems to work is when I delay doing the motion slightly, but still make the GH come out as soon as possible.

To clarify, it's possible to do the motion for the GH so early that it will be buffered, so that the throw cancels as early as possible into the GH. In this case, I can never land the 5C.

The only thing I can think is that the combo only works if you don't buffer the GH, but instead if you execute it at just the right time.

Am I crazy? Is it really necessary to delay the GH ever so slightly, or to just time the motion so you press the button at the same time as Ragna stabs the opponent during the throw animation? I tried for quite a while but wasn't able to consistently get the timing down for this combo. Any help is appreciated, I would really like to be able to land almost 4k damage off the 5B+C throw :)

..., 3C, 22C (RC), dash 3C, 5D, 22C, 5B, 5C, 214A -> 214D ..., 3C, 22C (RC), dash 6A, 6B, 22C, 5B, 5C, 214A -> 214D Have either of these been confirmed to work in full? With the bottom one, the final 214A~ doesn't combo. With the top combo, I can't seem to get 22C to connect after D, even in the corner; it just whiffs.

5D > 22c works just fine during BK. You can even do shit like 5b > 3c > 5d > BK > 5d > dash 5d > 22c.

You're right, my mistake. I just tested to see why I wasn't getting it before, and it's down to the fact that if you do a Blood Kain 5D too quickly after a 3C, they never actually touch the ground from the 3C in the first place, so you can't 22C. Letting the 3C knockdown by either doing a regular 5D into Blood Kain or merely delaying the Blood Kain 5D makes it possible.

..., 3C, 22C (RC), dash 3C, 5D, 22C, 5B, 5C, 214A -> 214D

..., 3C, 22C (RC), dash 6A, 6B, 22C, 5B, 5C, 214A -> 214D

Have either of these been confirmed to work in full? With the bottom one, the final 214A~ doesn't combo. With the top combo, I can't seem to get 22C to connect after D, even in the corner; it just whiffs.

The followups to 22C at the end appear to be erroneous (5C just doesn't want to combo), by everything prior to that definitely works. Anyway, thanks for catching that. Never did know which of those Japanese wiki combos were erroneous.

Edit: I'll add in some more of the above combos later, including the ones I missed earlier.

4+b+c > black onslaught

CH GH > black onslaught

CH 6A > black onslaught

can you do black onslaught while in bk mode? if it's possible then maybe in bk mode GH > additional > black onslaught

Pardon my lack of terminology knowledge, but what does CH stand for?

I've been working on that ID loop-ish combo: 623C -> 236C -> 236C, 5B, 623D -> 236C -> 214C, and I'm assuming I'm just timing things wrong...usually it techs soon as I connect the 5B, or I actually connect with the 623D and it black beats. Is there just some timing issues I gotta get down for it? P.S.: Been practicing against Bang, if it matters. Only other person around that plays uses him, so figured what better practice dummy.

I've been working on that ID loop-ish combo: 623C -> 236C -> 236C, 5B, 623D -> 236C -> 214C, and I'm assuming I'm just timing things wrong...usually it techs soon as I connect the 5B, or I actually connect with the 623D and it black beats. Is there just some timing issues I gotta get down for it?

P.S.: Been practicing against Bang, if it matters. Only other person around that plays uses him, so figured what better practice dummy.

You should be able to do that combo on all characters. I noticed it is a little easier to execute the second inferno divider if you wait for the opponent to drop a little lower (almost at ragna's level) before connecting with 5B. However, once you start getting used to doing 5b -> 623D quickly, it doesn't really matter.

I believe I have found something that can be useful. Ragna's j.B has a huge hitbox, which makes it a good cross-up. It also hits completely backwards. So you can dash jump over the opponent, then air dash backwards and do something like j.B, land, 2A... Now, after 22C, you have plenty of time to move around, so while they are falling you can dash jump over, then air dash backwards for an ambiguous cross-up. You can time which side you'll be one and thus, which way j.B will hit. 66~9 and 66~8 work well, the latter catching quick risers. It doesn't seem too hard to modify for front roll, back roll yomi. As for quick recovery, I don't know. I have only played training mode thus far, so I can't attest to how pragmatic this technique is. Either way, I'll use it sporadically 'cuz it looks stylish.

I have a question regarding this system. Let's take Ragna's 6B, 5C, 2C, 214A -> 214D. Using the basic 360 controller controls (B=Y, A=X, C=B, D=A), that would be Right Y, Neutral B, Down B, Left-Half Circle X, then transition to Left-Half Circle A. Is that correct? I'd like to know so I can practice moar Ragna combos.

I have a question regarding this system.

Let's take Ragna's 6B, 5C, 2C, 214A -> 214D.

Using the basic 360 controller controls (B=Y, A=X, C=B, D=A), that would be Right Y, Neutral B, Down B, Left-Half Circle X, then transition to Left-Half Circle A.

Is that correct?

I'd like to know so I can practice moar Ragna combos.

That's right!

Sweeeeeeeet. Now I need to master my half circles. Still can't pull off Carnage Scissors..

Meh, Carnage Scissors is pretty shitty IMO. I only use it after a 5D if I know it will kill or a Inferno Divider © wallbounce. But it is a pretty shitty super all around. I usually save my meter for Blood Kain or Rapid Cancels (Which usually result in greater damage or save my ass on blocked pressure strings)

Meh, Carnage Scissors is pretty shitty IMO. I only use it after a 5D if I know it will kill or a Inferno Divider © wallbounce. But it is a pretty shitty super all around. I usually save my meter for Blood Kain or Rapid Cancels (Which usually result in greater damage or save my ass on blocked pressure strings)

It's the fact that I can't pull it off that bugs me to no end.

It's pretty easy, especially if buffered into. Easy way to do it 5D -> Start 1/2 spinning back -> hold forward and hit D as the sword comes down