Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Damned Wolfe

[CS2] Ragna General Discussion

How do you Play Ragna?  

185 members have voted

1. 1. How do you Play Ragna?

• Straight up Offense!
    • Bait in to Punish!
    • Defensive Punish!
    • Spam Hell's Fang and Inferno Divider moves!

Ragna can cancel any normal into 22C (pretty fast recovery) anytime, as long as the opponent has already been knocked down onto the floor sometime during the combo. You can link 2D into 22C, or cancel 3C into 22C. You can also do 3C 5D, then on the bounce cancel to 22C and grab them, but that's situation and character specific. I dunno what to do off 22C though.

An OTG throw? Any footage of this?

Good to see Blood Kain has some uses...

Added to first post.

I don`t think I have seen it used in any vids :/

I need to play more with blood kain it seems, I have only used it as a last resort or go into it and directly do a dark devour to punish. :v:

So it seems that Blood Onslaught is now the accepted name for Ragna's Astral Drive, as opposed to just speculation, so it might be worth putting it in the first post... as horribly impractical as it may be.

I meant, nothing seems to combo off 22C, thanks render. It's just good for tech traps?

You can link 5B > 5C XX 214A > 214D off it.

lol Ragna Install combos, I was doing like 90% to people who bursted his burst-safe setups :psyduck: Random combo that wasn't listed before (I did the throw combos that were in this thread)-

corner, whatever to 5D XX 214214D, (dash 5B >) 5D dash-cancel 5D XX 623D > 236C > 214D.

Actually I did this back throw combo near the corner:

back throw XX BK, [jD JC late djD], land, 5D dash cancel 5D(1 hit) XX Inferno Divider, or something along those lines.

This is particularly cool because at a certain spacing, it can be burst-safe, so if you see the auto-guard burst animation, you can just wait for the burst then late dash cancel into whatever and kill them.

I got 5D XX BK, jB to combo but couldn't get jC after it. Was hoping to maybe do 5D XX BK, [jC > D JC djD]x2 but no such luck, might be possible if you didn't do anything before 5D?

Also it looks like you can do anti-air CH 6A, airdash late adD, land, combo from there. Dunno what combo you'd get though? Maybe rejump A, or 6A SJC sjC > D JC djB/C XX Inferno Divider.

is 22c the move where he picks them off the ground and chokes them? i saw a vid of that yesterday and didn't know what it was, i'll try to find it.

watching the trf stream earlier tonight/this morning and there was a beastly pink ragna doing combos into the otg throw and following it up with stuff, it seems it's too fast to tech as the beat never went dark. he was also doing combos into what look like upper, no follow up, land continue combo.

Ragna Move name: Mada owari janee zo (It's not over yet) Command: d, d+C when the opponent is down Comments: Induces stagger. Follow up with standing B. his otg throw, info taken from the news thread

I don't remember jD being dash cancellable. Seems like 6D > jD is just another hit, maybe if you can delay it you can do it before landing and keep up pressure (assuming they didn't FD to push you out). Otherwise it's another hit before you have to JC it or cancel it or something.

what is ragna's overhead move thats dash cancelable? it looks like it might be 6d but theres no mention about what his other normals are (hint hint someone)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ynojEvuhMmY

At 2:15, 2K (The Ragna Player) does ground 6A, 6B, which causes a knockdown and a OTG opportunity for Ragna, in which he tried to do 6C. You could probably follow it up with 22C though. It's nice because if you either launch them with 6A or not, Ragna is in a good position. Either OTG or overhead into 5C.

k i was wrong its not an overhead it just looks like one i still have no idea what move it is though. also what is the move where he stabs the ground, that one appears to be an overhead.

The stab move is 2D, which is a low as far as I can tell.

Carnage Scissor: 236236D -- 2 hit attack (charge -> lunge), the charge is invincible (will go through projectiles) The notation for the Carnage scissor Distortion Drive is not 236236D but is in fact 632146D (Hold down to charge). The first post needs to be updated since I was screwing it up all of the time. :gonk: Please update the first post.

Okay, some research I did on his Astral: Starts imideately with the sign, no startup as opposed to Rachel. ~70 frames of displaying the sign, during which the other character is completely frozen ~25 frames until the move connects, during which the the other player can react Pauses the ingame clock Setting this up should be easy with an offensive burst. Or guard-break. Heck, you may even be able to combo that thing.

looking at the astral drive video once again, looks like there's definitely enough time in a guard crush for the astral drive to connect i really doubt u can combo off an astral drive though