Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Damned Wolfe

[CS2] Ragna General Discussion

How do you Play Ragna?  

185 members have voted

1. 1. How do you Play Ragna?

• Straight up Offense!
    • Bait in to Punish!
    • Defensive Punish!
    • Spam Hell's Fang and Inferno Divider moves!

Well it's always possible that it has a minimum height.

That would have to be a property of the move itself (for example, if it goes at a very steep angle downward it would just hit the ground without hitting anybody). A better question would be why would you want to, the spoiler says it's slow, not an overhead, and unsafe on block.

superclack means that there may be a minimum jump height before you can actually execute the move. There are air moves that have this property and it prevents you from TKing the move in a useful manner since you have to jump to a certain height before you can actually do the move. As for why you would want to, depends on the properties the move has on hit/counterhit. TKing moves can be used in pressure and offense where you think your opponent will attempt to go low or throw you as a counter. And the spoiler said it's disadvantage on block, that doesn't necessarily mean it's unsafe.

I found this combo a while ago and didn't see it on the list so I guess i'll post it here

5B, 6A, 5D,(1 hit), 214B -> delay 214D, 5B, 5D(1 hit), 214B, 214D (9hits and 3522 damage)

In order for the second 5D to connect the opponent has to be at the corner. I've tried this on

Tager and Jin so far.

I was gonna yell about how this is a bad combo, but then i remembered how many times i drop GH combos in the corner because 5c/5b likes to not connect. Will try this out tomorrow.

Edit: 214B -> delay 214D, 5B, 5D

wait im dumb.

Changing this post into asking how to deal with GH combos in the corner

Changing this post into asking how to deal with GH combos in the corner

It seems like it's more picky with how you time it in the corner. 5B usually works, I don't think 5C ever works in corner, but maybe it's character specific. You can do 5A > 5B in corner instead and that will always work.

Standing A: doesn't hit Tager on crouch. Standing C: shorter range, faster start up and recovery. Standing D: during BloodKain 2nd hit removes a guard primer point. →A: start up a bit quicker otherwise no change. →B: scales more, less combo damage from this overhead. →C: scales more, first part dash cancelable, second part jump and dash cancelable, both parts are NOT special cancelable. ↓C: shorter range, faster start up and recovery, less stun on counter hit, links to →C. ↘C: hitstop is smaller. ↓D: standing C doesn't pick up opponent off the ground afterward normally, removes a guard primer point in BloodKain. Jump C: start up is a bit slower. Jump D: hitbox is smaller during BloodKain. ↓↙←A: follow up removes a guard primer point, less stun on counter hit. ↓↙←B: longer recovery after landing. →↓↘C: damage increased, ↓↙←C follow up command change to ↓↙←D and drains HP. →↓↘D: drains more HP, ↓↙←C follow up command change to ↓↙←D and drains HP. ↓↙←D: quicker start up, a bit bigger hitbox and removes a guard primer point (including Barrier). ↓↓C: Damage is fixed to 400. Belial Edge (Air ↓↙←C): Posted Image The new diving attack (4 hit) is not an overhead, small disadvantage on block. →↘↓↙←→D: Still doesn't go through projectile, follow up removes a guard primer point. Impression: Dead Spike (↓↙←D) is simply brutal when it takes away the guard primer point even on Barrier guard. This move probably is going to be Ragna's signature move if it remains unchanged after official release. Another key change is the new ↓C > →C link. →C may sound awful that both hit are no longer special cancelable. However, instead of using jump cancel J↓↙←B, which whiffs on many characters anyway, use jump install ↓↙←D instead. The only weakness of this move is the 2nd part of →C whiffs on croucher, though you should check the status when you hit confirm ↓C anyway. Able to dash cancel the first part of →C makes it much safer. Since you can link to ↓C with standing B, ↓A and ↓B, ↓C > →C is a convenient revolver action that leads to further rushdown. Note that standing D and ↓D removes guard primer in BloodKain. If you can bait a burst during BloodKain combo, with only one or two guard primer point left after burst, Ragna should be able to guard crush opponent then win the match from there.

Another key change is the new ↓C > →C link. →C may sound awful that both hit are no longer special cancelable. However, instead of using jump cancel J↓↙←B, which whiffs on many characters anyway, use jump install ↓↙←D instead.

I'm a bit confused about what this means. Jump install 214D?

jump install obtains you a jump/jump input prior to actually jumping. This isn't seen in BB very often because the game auto installs the jump for you, so you usually only use it for the second purpose. In GG, you can't jump again after super jumping as most characters, but if you jump install, then you can. Again, BB does it for you so you don't have to worry about it. I'm pretty sure the guy is saying this so you can get the move quickly. it's the same reason when hakumen does his mugen combo that his motion for enma tsubaki would be 623a8a214c, all at once.

New Future Ragna air BnB combo at 2:54 I think 2B -> 3C -> 5D (2 hits) -> DC -> 6A -> j.C -> j.D -> JC -> j.C -> j.D -> Belial Edge -> 6A -> ID -> 236C -> 214D (~2550) 20 Hit combo or so Also, after an Inferno Divider 5C is now fast enough to act as a relauncher as opposed to 5B -> 6A combos. Damage might not be as good, but the combo the guy pulled off in the video looked like ID -> 236C -> 236C -> 5C -> 5D -> 214A -> 214D (~2240) Also, Carnage Scissors still sucks. Yay!

You can also probably do 6C -> dash, 6A -> GH. Dunno how good it would be. With the way Belial Edge works, you could probably do 6A into aircombo then end with Belial Edge, 6A -> ID stuff. The diving speed of Belial Edge is fast enough, it's the in-air startup that's slow. That really kills any use it would have in pressuring someone even if it was an overhead or advantage on block. Depends on how the first hit works, since that part apparently has a hitbox as well.

ok so blood kain's back at 50% heat

i remember someone posting about it being 100% on 2nd loketest

edit: wow belial edge is at least a 5 hits move, that's interesting, damage is pretty bad though

untechable time from CH HF and CH 2C is reduced

i think you're supposed to use RC for belial edge during mixups, since it's a multi-hit move, you can RC it at different time, so maybe RC at 1st or 2nd hit then jump cancel or maybe RC after ragna reached the ground then 6B for overhead or 3C for low move or something

edit 2: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z9DMYcTHIoo

http://www.youtube.com/user/wx3016#p/u/7/KwfH-VjLzmo

the other vids with ragna

So, other stuff worth noting that I just posted in the Continuum Shift Changes thread. "Ragna's Guard Primer is now at 5 instead of 4. Also, during Blood Kain, all of Ragna's moves that reduce Guard Primer ignore Barrier." 5D, 2D and Tsuika are all shown ignoring Barrier in that match against Noel.

I didn't see the Soul-Eater ender that happens after Inferno Divider...which video has it, if at all?

I didn't see the Soul-Eater ender that happens after Inferno Divider...which video has it, if at all?

Any video that has Ragna actually finish an air combo. It's not really a new move or anything, it's just that Kakato Otoshi is a Soul Eater move now.

Regarding Berial (Belial?) Edge, how many hits do you get off it after a certain height? Like, say you get a huge pop-up from a Burst or Blood Kain'ed Gauntlet Hades? Or, even better: 623D, 236C, RC Berial Edge (214C, right?) at max height?

I saw a video where Belial Edge was used as part of an air combo. It does more hits when opponent is in the air with you and you drive him to the ground for more than the standard 5 hits if he was standing. AND you can followup with more hits after that.

Unfortunately, that's old news, considering what you just said is already shown in a video 2 posts over yours. On Berial/Belial Edge, I've always been a sucker for air-approach moves (Jin's j.Down HK in MvC2, etc), and the fact that it can combo is good and all, but experience with proration on Ragna's corner loops tells me more hits=/=cool stuff. Sure, 20 hits off a BnB including that move is awesome and all, but why the hell would you bother using it when it turns out the damage sucks because Belial Edge added way too many hits into the combo for the damage to be feasible, while other BnBs do better damage for less hits? If it turns out to be nothing more than air combo filler, not even usable to pressure opponents from the air or to get a good combo out of it on hit (not counting air combos) or both in the final product, then I wanna ask ArcSys what the hell they were thinking, adding a new move that lacks usability in actual matches. For now tho, we'll see how it turns out.

Shouldn't matter considering it's a combo ender, that provides you a position where you can get a knockdown. All current combos that leads into the air (say, back throw > hades > 5b > 6a) can be finished with this for a knockdown and better wake-up game. Considering special cancel off tech roll has been removed, it will be fairly effective. I thought the move wasn't really well constructed, but for just this purpose, it's pretty good addition. They need to make it have other uses though (provide some kind of momentum property off an RC for a 50/50 mixup would be nice).

So lets say you did Inferno Divider but the opponent blocked it and then you RC in mid-air so that you could do Belial Edge right after...Would that work out in anyway?