Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Damned Wolfe

[CS2] Ragna General Discussion

How do you Play Ragna?  

185 members have voted

1. 1. How do you Play Ragna?

• Straight up Offense!
    • Bait in to Punish!
    • Defensive Punish!
    • Spam Hell's Fang and Inferno Divider moves!

meh, these changes sound dandy and all. but what i really wanted was CS to have invincibility & possibly 10.5 k health XD.

main: :RG: sub::JI:

I agree about the carnage scissors part. I hate wasting 50 meter just to get hit a by a passing bug...or a needle...or pumpkin...or energy sword...or magnetic blast...or ahh u get the point.

y would u try to beat a projectile with it? i use it for mostly anti-airs... beats them clean if u time it as they r about to hit u... also beats instant air dashes from like a whole full screen away if u guessed at the right time... but this one is pretty retardely risky though... only as a desparation and it's also a good combo ender... and during BK if u land this u can get like 6800-7200 damage...

632146D, 214A, delay 214D, delay 5B, 6A jc, j.D jc, j.D, 623D, 236C, 214C = 6848 damage

and if u take them to the wall... *i couldn't get the last hit*

632146D, 214A, delay 214D, delay 5B, D dc, D dc, 6D, j.D jc, j.D, 623D, 236C = 7260 damage

if u guys can improve this combo please post up... specially the non-wall one... cause u might be able to add more stuff... but thats already pretty hard for me so i couldnt do much more...

These during Blood Kain Carnage scissor combos were posted by Final Ultima a while back (post #13 if you want to read the comments on them):

(away from corner) 632146D, forward hj.D, j.D (JC), delay j.D, land, 6D, j.D (JC), delay j.D, land, j.C, j.D (JC), j.D, 623D -> 236C -> 214C - Damage: 8005

(away from corner) 632146D, dash 5B, 5D (1 hit), 214B -> delay 214D, dash 5D (1 hit), 214B -> delay 214D, [5D (DC)] x2, 6D, j.D (JC), j.D, 623D -> 236C -> 214C - Damage: 8107

(close to mid-screen) 632146D, forward hj.D, j.D, land, 6D, j.D (JC), j.D, land, [5D (DC)] x2, 6D, j.D (JC), j.D, 623D -> 236C -> 214C - Damage: 8331

At any point after knocking down the opponent, it just becomes a case of having their hitbox in the right place so that you can grab it. There are a few characters that stand straight enough when launched so that such a thing is possible. Ragna is one of them. If you think that's weird, comboing into 22C (RC), dash 5B+C, 22C works against Tager. Ignore the fact that it's a purple throw combo, just think about how hilarious that looks.

These during Blood Kain Carnage scissor combos were posted by Final Ultima a while back (post #13 if you want to read the comments on them):

(away from corner) 632146D, forward hj.D, j.D (JC), delay j.D, land, 6D, j.D (JC), delay j.D, land, j.C, j.D (JC), j.D, 623D -> 236C -> 214C - Damage: 8005

(away from corner) 632146D, dash 5B, 5D (1 hit), 214B -> delay 214D, dash 5D (1 hit), 214B -> delay 214D, [5D (DC)] x2, 6D, j.D (JC), j.D, 623D -> 236C -> 214C - Damage: 8107

(close to mid-screen) 632146D, forward hj.D, j.D, land, 6D, j.D (JC), j.D, land, [5D (DC)] x2, 6D, j.D (JC), j.D, 623D -> 236C -> 214C - Damage: 8331

wow those are crazy... pretty hard to pull of though... thx...

From the 3rd loketest report:

http://s1.zetaboards.com/blazblue/topic/2423074/1/

Ragna is an almost purely rushdown character, and it remains that way in Continuum Shift. There are a couple key changes in the new version:

Combo Damage Scaling

1) A > B > C > ↓↙←A > ↓↙←D [CT = 1735 | CS = 1702]

2) Air ↓↙←B > ↓↙←D [CT = 2594 | CS = 2200]

3) →A(CH)> B > →A > ↓↙←B > ↓↙←D > B > →A > ↓↙←B > ↓↙←D [CT = 2819 | CS = 2400]

4) C > ↓↙←A > RC > →D > JD > B > ↘C [CT = 2828 | CS = 2300]

5) Throw > ↓↙←B > ↓↙←D > B > →↓↘D > ↓↘→C > ↓↙←D [CT = 3275 | CS = 3098]

6) →B > C > ↓D > C > D (1 hit) > ↓↙←A > ↓↙←D [CT = 3643 | CS = 2921]

7) →B > C > →C [CT = 2226 | CS = 2000]

By comparing the damages, you can see standing C and ↓↙←B are the main factors of less combo damage due to their increased scaling. However, both attacks are much quicker and standing C has shorter recovery with less range. You can use ↓↙←↖B as overhead more often now.

↓C > →C

Damage comparison:

B > ↘C [CT = 1126 | CS = 1126]

C > ↘C [CT = 1350 | CS = 1199]

↓C > ↘C [CT = 1356 | CS = 1356]

Because standing C scales much more in Continuum Shift, replacing C > →C with ↓C > →C as the main punisher is no brainer. Of course you have to hit confirm ↓C that the 2nd hit of →C whiffs on crouch blocker.

Belial Edge

(→A > ↓↙←↖C) x 3 confirmed working in the third location test. Belial Edge is an important combo patch that you can link to relaunch opponent with →A and standing D.

"You can use ↓↙←↖B as overhead more often now."

I don't see what makes this true, did I miss some change to TK GH?

edit: oh wait, it looks like he says it's even faster now

"Of course you have to hit confirm ↓C that the 2nd hit of →C whiffs on crouch blocker."

So 2nd hit of 6C misses on crouch block now I guess.

the Belial Edge from 6A stuff sounds badass.

Also, something worth drawing attention to:

3) Barrier can prevent the last guard primer point from being removed.

To me this implies that either all Guard Primer removal ignores Barrier for the most part and it's not just a luxury for Ragna, or that it still is, but it just won't take for the last Guard Primer point.

I think it's the latter. No one has confirmed whichever way on the BBS though. Technically it's a pretty good design. It may actually cause a situation where a player may run out of barrier.

@VR-Raiden: I completely forgot to post this after saying I would find a way for it. You can connect the 6B+C->214B->214DDash 5b->6A-> full air combo on Rachel if you delay the 214D up to the very last moment. Also for small characters like Rachel and Carl, to connect all the hits for the air combo after any cmbo->6A use high jump and replace the final j.D->D ID to j.C->C ID. Does more damage than the D too.

I'm going to assume it can still cancel into 6D on either hit blocked though, cause I haven't seen it say anywhere that it can't. Unless that counts as a special? On Ragna's revolver action table for CT, it says 6C doesn't go into anything when you can actually go into 6D. Not too big of a deal, but I am hoping that remains.

@VR-Raiden: I completely forgot to post this after saying I would find a way for it.

You can connect the 6B+C->214B->214DDash 5b->6A-> full air combo on Rachel if you delay the 214D up to the very last moment.

Also for small characters like Rachel and Carl, to connect all the hits for the air combo after any cmbo->6A use high jump and replace the final j.D->D ID to j.C->C ID. Does more damage than the D too.

Good to know, I will try that out when I get the chance.

Does anyone know any small combos/BnBs that are practical, and don't require a ridiculous amount of commands? I'd like something to work off of to get better.

I'm using some 5B, 6A, 5C, 5D, HF/GH/CS. Also 6DD, 5B, 5C, HF+Tsuika and if it connect's in the corner you can RC the follow up for another 6DD, JD, ID, 236C, 214C and some J.D for wakeup. And I know my advices sucks, but J.B, 5B, 6A, J.B, 5B, 6A, J.B etc. is good for pressuring nyubs. And if you want good damage fast you can just 4B+C/5B+C, CS. And I'm not pro as you can see, but I'm just trying to be helpful here for Arvoreya.

Was messing around in BB with ragna, practicing combos on :TG:, and found a nifty little trick. lets say you manage to land your 3C, but your opponent is too far away to 22C and you want your damage worth out of the combo/sucessful mixup you just did. well, you can still get it! with a nice little 2B-5C to pick em up into an air combo.

example:

5b > 2b > 5c > 3c > 2b > 5c > J-cancel > J.c > J.d > D-jump > J.c > J.d > 623D > 623c > 214c (About 2500~ damage)

....yeah, its not impressive, i know :psyduck: but hey, its an option, right? only tested on :TG: so far. if you want me to continue messing around with It ill give it a shot.

Huh? If you get a 3C and can't go straight into 22C, isn't the usual followup:

3C > 5D(1) > 623D > fastest 236C > slowest 236C > 22C

if you want good damage/reset out of the successful frametrap/mixup?

yeh now that i think about it i noticed how important 22C is to ragna and cutting the damage in half makes ragna work a little more. also i saw some vids of the loketest and is it me or do you get less life regeneration when your in BK now. the damage looks the same but ragna got barely any life back when i was looking at his health bar

They killed his life drain in blood kain in the loc test in favor of unstoppable guard crush properties it seems. I don't know what to think of this change of approach yet. Could be good or bad.

They killed his life drain in blood kain in the loc test in favor of unstoppable guard crush properties it seems. I don't know what to think of this change of approach yet. Could be good or bad.

eh, i don't really like the sound of this. hopefully it'll be a good decision in the end. but it probably won't be.

Huh? If you get a 3C and can't go straight into 22C, isn't the usual followup:

3C > 5D(1) > 623D > fastest 236C > slowest 236C > 22C

if you want good damage/reset out of the successful frametrap/mixup?

Yeah, that is the better option from a far hit of 3C, provided you're not too close to the corner where it won't work.

or after having seen this combo Final Ultima just posted,

(corner) CH 214D, dash 5B, 2C, 3C, 22C, dash 5A, 5B, 3C, 22C (whiff), dash 3C, 22C - Damage: 4817

maybe some variation of that works as well. I'll have to try that later.