Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Damned Wolfe

[CS2] Ragna General Discussion

How do you Play Ragna?  

185 members have voted

1. 1. How do you Play Ragna?

• Straight up Offense!
    • Bait in to Punish!
    • Defensive Punish!
    • Spam Hell's Fang and Inferno Divider moves!

Hey guys this thread is awesome! I was wondering if anyone knows if this amazing combo works against every character... I know most are probably thinking, well test it yourself, well I've been trying and I'm just so irritated becuase it takes me forever to pull off this damn combo that i just figure someone else has already figures this out.

(50% heat)

5C - Carnage Scissors - dash - 5B - 6A - HJC - j.C - j.D - dj.C - j.D - 623D - 236C - 214C: 5000dmg (against Ragna)

Same combo with 100% Heat so you can use Blood Kain first, brings damage up to 6400 - 6500 dmg (Freaking sweet)

It DOES work on every character, it's just a little trickier to do on Carl.

Other than that, 5B won't connect if the combo was started near the corner; it will, if it was started very close to or in the corner.

Ragna:

C dp combo start can now dish out up to around 3k thanks to belial.

5B hells rc nets about 3.7k.

hades scales a long but if limited to 1 hit combo starter (counter), still can deal around 3.8k

throw combo damage up, back throw nets about 4k.

Sounds good to me. Still being able to do 4k damage off a back throw is nice because I could've sworn Gauntlet Hades would've ruined it otherwise.

I just wonder what the standard combo after Hell's Fang RC is going to be, comboing into 22C is hardly likely to be the best option anymore. 6C (DC), 6A (HJC), j.C, j.D (JC), j.C/j.D, Belial Edge into knockdown maybe?

I need a little help, i see kaqn loves following Gauntlet hades with 5b(i think) and then 6a, when i try it in training the dummy techs out of it..any advice? btw Im just using GH alone, does the GH have to part of a combo to begin with?

I need a little help, i see kaqn loves following Gauntlet hades with 5b(i think) and then 6a, when i try it in training the dummy techs out of it..any advice? btw Im just using GH alone, does the GH have to part of a combo to begin with?

I believe it has to be TK GH to be followed up with Dash 5B. You can also follow it up when GH is a counter hit.

You can do 5B, 6A off a standing Gauntlet Hades, but it generally has to be done on an opponent that's just been launched high (and to make 6A easier, launched pretty far, as 5B, 6A works best when the 5B hits the opponent full on instead of just clipping them). Back throw and 6C are the most common setups. If the opponent hasn't been launched very far from you but is still at just about Ragna's head height, such as after a neutral throw, you can do 5C instead.

I'm probably missing something obvious here, but why do people seem to do 623C over 623D so much? isnt 623D completely better? or is it because 623D goes to high?

I'm probably missing something obvious here, but why do people seem to do 623C over 623D so much? isnt 623D completely better? or is it because 623D goes to high?

It's because 623C's invulnerable frames start immediately. With 623D they don't start till frame 6, so you can actually be hit/thrown out it.

Learned something new today. When fighting with Rachel, trapped in the corner with those bat rods, used barrier , with pixel health health, and she uses her special inferno divider that shit. The rachel player will stand there with a huge WTF pause -> counter attack.

kaqn does this alot and ive been testing it and its a good untechable combo: 5B,6A,5D (first hit),GH,5B,5D(first hit),GH,5B,ID

its pretty lenghty and its may be a bad habit of doing 6A on the after the second 5B but practice makes perfect.

To be honest attempting to kara-cancel 22C isn't something I've tried extensively. There aren't many situations where you can't follow-up a 3C if 22C is in a position where it'll whiff. You've got both mid-screen and corner combos that follow up a 3C with something aside from 22C that will eventually end in a 22C anyway.

jiyuna already posted that particular combo on the first page of the Combo List anyway. Admittedly he said it only worked on Jin.

hmm ok thanks and Ill try some 22C combos more often seem to be really benefitting.

Question: I'm using 5b > 6a > 5c > 5d (first hit) > GH > 5b > ID + followups The combo works online and in training against a training dummy set to tech immediately. But the combo counter registers it as a black beat combo. Any idea on why this is happening? Also, I couldn't get 5B,6A,5D (first hit),GH,5B,5D(first hit),GH,5B,ID to work. Enemys always tech out after the first GH before I can land the 5b.

You're doing the second 5B too late. It's not exactly 'mash B and you get guaranteed combo' where any combos with a 5B followup after GH are concerned. On the second one, try delaying the GH later, like when you barely touch the ground with your foot after the first hit of GH. It helps in combos like that.

Sorry if this was covered earlier. Having problems with ...3c,5d(dc)6a,5d,22c on Jin. It just seems like half the time the 6a just bounces him too high for the second 5d to connect. I don't have this problem with other characters I've tested it on.

Not sure if this is known yet, but I've recently bought BlazBlue and have been playing as Ragna. A good way to setup the air Gauntlet Hades is air-dashing in with j.C, j.D, GH. The stun from the j.D should hold off long enough for GH to connect.

5B or 6B > 5C > 5D (two hits) > DC > 6A > HjC > jD > jC > j623D > j236C > j214C or (delay) j236C.

if you used 6B--> 3894 dmg____if you ended the combo with j236C--> 3877

if you used 5B--> 3315 dmg____if you ended the combo with j236C--> 3300

Note, this combo can be done a bit easier with 50 heat if you RC the 5D.

This isn't new :I:

Not sure if this is known yet, but I've recently bought BlazBlue and have been playing as Ragna. A good way to setup the air Gauntlet Hades is air-dashing in with j.C, j.D, GH. The stun from the j.D should hold off long enough for GH to connect.

Yeah, that works but if those hit you might as well go into a ground combo for more damage. You can do that on block for a 3rd air hit they might not be expecting though.

I have trouble using 22C at all, and in combos. So I tend to just not use it, along with Dead Spike. How can I learn to use these two more and better?

well dead spike can be used for baiting some one to attack or for pressure game. 22C is more like a something you use to end combos but you must knoc them down with 3C or 2D for you to use 22C

most of the times you don't do 2D at close range so it'll be hard to continue on to 22C 3C though on the other hand, you can run in with it, or even do it in any gatling combo, or even HF RC 3C

I have trouble using 22C at all, and in combos. So I tend to just not use it, along with Dead Spike. How can I learn to use these two more and better?

Well you can get by without using Dead spike, but working 22C into your combos is pretty important.

If you're in corner, just do whatever into 3C > 5D DC > 6A > 5D > 22C.

Midscreen, you just have to get used to the timing on the double 22C combo with inferno divider. Or if you want to do something easier but use meter, 22C RC combos.

As for when to use Dead Spike, it's alright in block strings cause its advantage on block. So say you do 5B > 5C, and they are blocked. you don't want to do nothing and any other special you can cancel into is unsafe/bad on block. It's a good way to end if you can't jump cancel out. But it's also really slow so people can hit you for trying it if they're paying attention.

Other than that, it's good if you knocked them down in the corner cause it'll catch them for trying to roll, and at the same time forces them to block it/reversal if they neutral tech.

Oh, and it can be used as your strongest combo starter for whatever moves it can counter hit punish on block.

Ragna:

May be character specific, corner- 5B>5C>5D(2)>6A>jC>jD>jD>belial>land 5D> hells fang or D dp on tsubaki for 3.9k

revolver scaling still horrid

5B, 6D, jd, carnage second hit are slower

combo off dp is around 2.8k

ground revolver may link into 5B now (more untech time probably)

ragna and hakumen, special opening

ragna and rachel, special opening

ragna and nu, special opening (just a shadow of nu behind lamda)

Ragna and Jin, special opening

Ragna and tsubaki, special dialogue during opening

revolver(1, counter)>5B>5D(1)>revolver(2)>aerial for about 4.2k (was 4.8k I think)

throw>revolver(2)>5C>aerial for about 3k

jD,6D,2D<rocket followup>revolver followup>D dp, dead spike guard crush

belial edge > 5B works on crouch hit

5B>3C>22C>5B>d dp>22C still works.

Judging from CH 214B combo, I'd argue that Keri Age is probably the thing with the heavy scaling, not so much the Gauntlet Hades itself. It wouldn't be doing 4.2k otherwise. Also, Belial Edge into 5B working on a crouching opponent is sort of interesting, might make for some interesting combos off of like j.C, because for some reason I can't imagine 5B, 5C, TK 214C actually connecting and all the other ground jump cancelable moves with any kind of hit stun launch or knock down anyway. I'd consider 6D if it wasn't slower now (for some reason).

Also, when all the changes are confirmed, I'm probably going to make a separate sticky for Calamity Trigger -> Continuum Shift changes, which I'll then modify fully once we get frame data for it.