Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Damned Wolfe

[CS2] Ragna General Discussion

How do you Play Ragna?  

185 members have voted

1. 1. How do you Play Ragna?

• Straight up Offense!
    • Bait in to Punish!
    • Defensive Punish!
    • Spam Hell's Fang and Inferno Divider moves!

I've been watching some of the CS launch videos and I have some observations: -Ragna's damage output appears to be about the same (for combos without GH) which is actually quite high given that most characters had their damage nerfed (and may mean that 5C scaling is back to CT levels). -6A is way the heck faster and as such is probably going to be super awesome -I think 5B is longer. It hit tsubaki at the start of the round and I don't think she has an irregular hitbox. -Tsubaki uses lots of charge cancels for her offense (or at least the one's i saw did) which makes her ID bait. See a charge cancel; ID her.

holy crap 5C is so fast right now, so awesome i guess they sped up 6A so that it's easier to continue after a GH or even after ID without going 5B 1st the new announcer is TERRIBLEEEEEEEEEE edit: dead spike range is pretty good considering how short it was on CT belial edge wooooooot :yaaay:

New Ragna voice is meh. At first I was like "oh this is pretty cool!" Then I listened more and some of his lines sound so flat now, as if he's just saying them without putting any feeling into it. Outside of that, too early for anything definitive, I want to see players doing the awesome combos using BE that I've been reading about. The move seems WAY faster than what I've heard.

Judging from this video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cn9MkcxvRbE

You can no longer finish Hell's Fang (Or at least, execute the followup) after Belial Edge. Might just be input error or Tao's hitbox though. Probably Tao's hitbox

EDIT - He finishes it mid screen, but never in the corner. Maybe it's the way Belial Edge connects?

And speaking of Belial Edge it looks like an actually useful move. WAY faster than it was in Loke testing from what i've seen.

Judging from this video

You can no longer finish Hell's Fang (Or at least, execute the followup) after Belial Edge. Might just be input error or Tao's hitbox though. Probably Tao's hitbox

EDIT - He finishes it mid screen, but never in the corner. Maybe it's the way Belial Edge connects?

And speaking of Belial Edge it looks like an actually useful move. WAY faster than it was in Loke testing from what i've seen.

It probably has to do with the length of the combo. the one where he finishes it was shorter in the vid I saw.

I'm pretty sure I saw kaqn finish it in the corner against Shadow a couple of times, but not all the time. I assume that it's combo length specific, as FlyingVe said. I also noticed that if you combo into Belial Edge from a knock down move, Belial Edge, 5D, 22C doesn't work, but Belial Edge, dash 5D, 22C does. It had quite the heat count as well, so it may even work if the combo is especially long. Edit: As it turns out, against Taokaka you don't need to dash like you do against Bang. Huzzah for character specific variations. I'm guessing dash 5D will still work on more or less everyone but Rachel and Carl though, as is the custom.

Judging from this video

It's possible that Kaqn is simply leaving off the ender as a nice reset. At that height you can pretty much go straight into 6a and mixups.

It's possible that Kaqn is simply leaving off the ender as a nice reset. At that height you can pretty much go straight into 6a and mixups.

Fair point. I wouldn't be surprised if Tsuika did whiff after so many hits anyway though. That's how it tended to work in Calamity Trigger.

bloodkain has looked straight garbage so far

but BERIAL EJU is jizz

No one's really used Blood Kain properly so far. I can see the improvements to Burst killing some otherwise guaranteed combos, but honestly it never really saw as much use as RCing anyway.

On paper, it could destroy worlds. If the proration hasn't ruined it, that is.

Damn, Ragna is looking awesome in CS.

Third. He's looking like one of the strongest characters i've seen. I can't wait to beat all the arakune players into the ground.

ok did any1 see how little hp is recovered by devoured by darkness? goddamn it

Yeah, they reduced his life regain too much in CS in my opinion. Doesn't justify his "glass jaw" at all.

Is it just me or does Inferno Divider rise a lot faster?

I saw Ch ID's with no followup being done and the player(Kaqn?) opted to do a standard ground to air combo instead and it works.

To be honest, I always saw the life drain on his Drives as a bonus, and not something to aim for necessarily. Even during Blood Kain, I'm thinking more about the damage than I am my own health. So while Yami ni Kuwarero does kinda suck now, I don't think it'll affect anyone in the long run.

I also noticed that if you combo into Belial Edge from a knock down move, Belial Edge, 5D, 22C doesn't work, but Belial Edge, dash 5D, 22C does. It had quite the heat count as well, so it may even work if the combo is especially long.

Edit: As it turns out, against Taokaka you don't need to dash like you do against Bang. Huzzah for character specific variations. I'm guessing dash 5D will still work on more or less everyone but Rachel and Carl though, as is the custom.

This is awesome, really glad he can end a BE combo with 22C.

Is it known if 2B still links after a 3C? cause if it still does you could probably do something like

whatever > 3C > 2B > 5C > air combo BE > dash 5D > 22C

I don't know if the changes to 5C could mess up that 2B > 5C part. It already missed on Tao and Carl (and Rachel?) in CT though.

Also I like how they reduced hitstop on 3C, makes the combos go faster.

I think it still does, but against a lot of characters you could probably just do 5D (DC), 6A (HJC) instead as long as you're reasonably close. I suppose 2B, 5C (HJC) would be a good idea if you just barely caught with the 3C, but as you said, we'll have to see if 5C's new hitbox will allow it.

This is awesome, really glad he can end a BE combo with 22C.

Is it known if 2B still links after a 3C? cause if it still does you could probably do something like

whatever > 3C > 2B > 5C > air combo BE > dash 5D > 22C

I don't know if the changes to 5C could mess up that 2B > 5C part. It already missed on Tao and Carl (and Rachel?) in CT though.

Also I like how they reduced hitstop on 3C, makes the combos go faster.

3C > 2B > 5C definitely still works, just saw a vid where ragna does it on either bang or litchi i forgot, but it seems that after the 5C you must do a HJC j.b to continue, if you HJC j.c i think opponents can tech out