Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Damned Wolfe

[CS2] Ragna General Discussion

How do you Play Ragna?  

185 members have voted

1. 1. How do you Play Ragna?

• Straight up Offense!
    • Bait in to Punish!
    • Defensive Punish!
    • Spam Hell's Fang and Inferno Divider moves!

Thanks to the latest Ko-Hatsu tournament, we now know that (dash) 6A, 5D works after Belial Edge despite not doing in the last location test. It might not work against Jin or the midgets, but combo ideas are already beginning to form in my head.

well i have a proble only with 1 combo, and thats the gauntlet hades combo, i cant dash and kick after GH to keep the combo straight forward. What im doing wrong?

well i have a proble only with 1 combo, and thats the gauntlet hades combo, i cant dash and kick after GH to keep the combo straight forward.

What im doing wrong?

If you want help with combos, take your posts to General Discussion. Ultima doesn't like non-combo posts in the Combos thread, if the little side note wasn't enough of an hint for you.

That said, I don't know what combo you're talking about? It could be a throw/launcher variation, or the non-throw launcher variation. Either way, try delaying your GH to the point where Ragna nearly touches the ground with his foot. That helps in just about every GH combo I can think of.

Ironic question: How can I land B+C>GH>5B>6A>j.C>j.D>j.C>j.D>D ID>236C>214C? I've tried combo before, but I can't get the 6A to hit, even though I pretty much delayed GH. Could be that I'm actually too far away to hit with 6A, but yeah.

The rest you don't need to bother with, I don't have problems with the aircombo part of said combo.

Off of pretty much everything but a distant 6C, distance isn't really an issue for the most part. In a lot of the cases where 6A whiffs against characters the combo will work against, it's because you actually hit with 5B a tad too early. 6A hits before Ragna fully extends his arm up, but if you barely clip the opponent with 5B, the 6A takes too long to reach them. Edit: Oh! Make sure you're doing back throw instead of forward throw. For forward throw you wanna be delaying the Keri Age as much as possible and doing 5C (JC), j.B, j.C (JC), j.C, j.D, 623D -> 236C -> 214C instead.

I think 5C hits. There is more untech time on revolver now.

Oh, cool.

I've been watching some of the CS launch videos and I have some observations:

-I think 5B is longer. It hit tsubaki at the start of the round and I don't think she has an irregular hitbox.

Talking about this vid right?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x0B0-C00cPc

I don't know if you noticed, but Tsubaki throws out an attack at the start. That's more likely the reason 5B hits her from starting position.

well i can make it with a normal start combo, but when it is when you start it with the GH then 6B i cant make the 6B rapidly enough, sometimes it hits but only random times.

Ah, I should've clarified, I was responding to Kain's question. As for Abelcru's problem regarding dashing during a Gauntlet Hades combo, I only ever really find myself trying dash 5B after Keri Age if I hit with a TK Gauntlet Hades from too far away, so I'm guessing that's what you're referring to. Anyway, I can't really offer much advice other than to get a feel for when you've recovered from the Keri Age so that you can double tap in time to dash as soon as you recover. Also, make sure you hit neutral to prevent an awkward 6B. It's honestly the same principle as the "6D, j.D, dash 5B, 3C, 22C" combo extender or the "combo into 22C, dash 5A/2A" variants of the double 22C combo, the only huge hiccup once you get those down is that Keri Age's recovery is a lot more misleading. Once you feel out those 20 frames, it shouldn't be too bad.

Well, thx for the help i think it could be like you said, that when i feel that 20 frames it could be done after that.

seems that ora uses hazama now, not sure if he'll stick with him or go back to ragna

Hazama is a patience character, but my bets are he'll be back to Ragna...

seems that in BK if you do the j.D loop(maybe just 1 loop or twice max)>BE>5D you can reach 6k damage, and since it can be done on carl then most probably it's gonna work on everyone gauge return most probably can get over 50% seems that if you're doing 6B>5C>6C when opponent is crouching, it's better to 6B>2C>6C because 2C knockback is less than 5C so after the 6C you don't have to dash HJC, which makes things alot easier 5B>5C>3C>5D>6A>JC>JD>JC>BE>6A>HJBE>dash 5D>whatever damage 3895 holy shiiii 2C(CH)>6C>GH>keri age>dash 5B>6A>HJC j.D>JC>BE>dash 5D>DID damage 4565 (not sure if works on standing opponents, most probably not) TK GH>keri age> dash 5B>5D>HF 3159 TK GH>keri age>dash 5B>6A>HJC j.D>JC>BE>dash 5D>DID 3912 TK GH(CH)>dash5B(>2C)>5D>GH>keri age>5C>HJC j.D>JC>BE>dash 5D>DID 4600 (4811 if you add the 2C after 5B)

2C instead of 5C seems like a better option for combos overall now that it gatlings into 6C. It does better damage and as you said, less pushback, for the same P2 rating (at least back in Calamity Trigger, I wouldn't be surprised if 5C is actually worse now in that regard). Edit: I'm loving that regular Gauntlet Hades is now a legitimate mix-up threat even without meter. No more auto-pilot low guarding the moment Ragna pushes himself out of 3C territory, woo! Also, I noticed in a recent Ragna vs Noel match that Dead Spike does not seem to Fatal Counter, despite being a guard breaker. I suppose it's for the best. If its proration hasn't been altered since Calamity Trigger, improving on it would be lead to some absurd counter or IB'd DP punishes. Second edit: Haha, oh wow, 6B works after Belial Edge. That's quite the untechable time you've got there, Ragna.

Is there anything I can do against jumping barrier block :psyduck:? This has become quite the popular tactic as of late to run away from me all match and then counter attack. Do I just wait for them to land? What if they just bunny hop all over the place? So frustrating.

If you know that they're going to do that, air throw or run up right away to close the distance and maybe 6a them. They probably would block it, but they are still in the air as you finish your move. Jump back barrier seems really dumb (it is), but in fact they are sacrificing spacing and their ground to get out of pressure. Use this to your advantage and keep pushing them into the corner, jump back barrier doesn't work out so hot in the corner.

If you know that they're going to do that, air throw or run up right away to close the distance and maybe 6a them. They probably would block it, but they are still in the air as you finish your move. Jump back barrier seems really dumb (it is), but in fact they are sacrificing spacing and their ground to get out of pressure. Use this to your advantage and keep pushing them into the corner, jump back barrier doesn't work out so hot in the corner.

It just seems that when the opponent is Nu all they have to do is get one hit on me on a whiff punish attempt (Punishing jump BB that is) -> 4k damage combo -> Fly to the other side of the screen -> Spam 5D on wakeup -> I close in again -> repeat.

Well that's Nu. She's dumb. You just gotta deal with it. You just have to be more on point against her, same idea here though. Just push her to the corner and keep her there. She can shoot a sword out when she jump back barriers, but you can also run up and DP her. RISKY though, make sure you have 50% meter to rapid it. Corner game is still the way to go. Problem is, she can just 5d then dash away, jump and air dash away, block until a hole appears in your pressure and mash dash, counter assault, jump back barrier in the corner and shoot a sword down, etc etc etc.

I hate to double post, but seriously, you guys need to post more. Some of this stuff is important.

New Combo Rate

1. Same move rate

When a move is used more than once during the combo, there will be special combo rate assigned which leads to general damage nerf for loop combos.

Different moves have different rate and not all moves have "same move rate".

Up to this point, some moves confirmed to have such combo rates are Ragna's GH and 5B, Bang's 623B, Carl's 8D and etc.

That certainly explains a few things. Fortunately if you're doing Gauntlet Hades twice in one combo outside of Blood Kain, you've almost finished the combo anyway. Adding extra proration won't really do much to just 5B, Inferno Divider etc.

4. Change in decrease of untechable frames

In BBCS, untechable time decreases every time when combo point exceeds some specific value.

Compared to BBCT, untechable time DOES NOT decrease by time now.

This is actually excellent for Ragna. Comboing in and out of Blood Kain will no longer reduce the length of his combos. This was the reason why most of my Blood Kain combos in the Calamity Trigger combo list had to have Ragna start in Blood Kain already.

The average Ragna combo seems to do roughly 3200+ damage now (With some higher end combos coming close to 5k), and seeing how easy it is for Ragna to do combos still he's shaping up to be a very strong character.

I hate to double post, but seriously, you guys need to post more. Some of this stuff is important.

That certainly explains a few things. Fortunately if you're doing Gauntlet Hades twice in one combo outside of Blood Kain, you've almost finished the combo anyway. Adding extra proration won't really do much to just 5B, Inferno Divider etc.

This is actually excellent for Ragna. Comboing in and out of Blood Kain will no longer reduce the length of his combos. This was the reason why most of my Blood Kain combos in the Calamity Trigger combo list had to have Ragna start in Blood Kain already.

So blood Kain is now useful during combos? this is something i'm glad about.

My question is how much of an output can we get out of it by ending something with like BE > 5D > devoured by darkness?

So blood Kain is now useful during combos? this is something i'm glad about.

My question is how much of an output can we get out of it by ending something with like BE > 5D > devoured by darkness?

This actually could be another place where Ragna benefits from a new system change. In BBCS all DD's have a minimum damage and I have to imagine that Devoured by Darkness's minimum is fairly high. It could also make CS a much better combo ender. (I haven't seen any videos to give you numbers, sorry)