Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Damned Wolfe

[CS2] Ragna General Discussion

How do you Play Ragna?  

185 members have voted

1. 1. How do you Play Ragna?

• Straight up Offense!
    • Bait in to Punish!
    • Defensive Punish!
    • Spam Hell's Fang and Inferno Divider moves!

Belial Edge isn't really unsafe it's just at a disadvantage on block. So i figure that (as long as they don't IB it) you could play a few games like you can with HF (ID, throw, 5A, Rapid, or Blood Cain)

Belial Edge isn't really unsafe it's just at a disadvantage on block. So i figure that (as long as they don't IB it) you could play a few games like you can with HF (ID, throw, 5A, Rapid, or Blood Cain)

I IB > 5Bd and the other ragnatried to 5B too, and we traded.

I IB > 5Bd and the other ragnatried to 5B too, and we traded.

That was probably a timing issue I think, because for the 5B's to trade on IB Belial would need to be + on block (+3 if my frame math is good). And we know Belial is at a slight disadvantage (how muc is unknown).

for the record I'm fairly positive it's safer than HF, probably by just a few frames but there's too many matches where the BE was blocked and fast pokes(tager's 5A, noel's 5A) got IB'd(which leads me to believe it's really really close to being punishable)

for the record I'm fairly positive it's safer than HF, probably by just a few frames but there's too many matches where the BE was blocked and fast pokes(tager's 5A, noel's 5A) got IB'd(which leads me to believe it's really really close to being punishable)

That's the way it seems to me too. I'd put it at about -3 or -2. (HF is -4 which is the most something can be and not be punishable without IB). Sadly it's startup is really slow so anyone can see it coming and IB.

I'm looking for a little noob advice. During my block strings I will frequently hit with a TK GH or a 3C, both of which cause knockdown. What are the optimal combos to continue with? I am looking for combos I can mash out online without some type of exquisite timing req'd. Thanks! Edit: CT combos only please. If it was CS this question would be alot easier for me to answer.

22C. OR 2B>5C>5D(DC)>6A>aircombo. (You could always just leave out 2B in the second combo, and 22C combos require timing, so yeah...)

If the character is higher you should use jD after the jump cancel (unless it's early in the combo then do both jC and jD)it's bigger vertical hitbox, otherwise use jC. The difference between the two damage-wise is pretty negligible so I just use jD. Also, some combos require one or the other.

due to belial's weird angle it works at when you activate it you have to be pretty much above or at the same level as the other person's sprite, it's a mental reaction that will take time i'm sure, but from what I can remember off the top of the head jC is used if they're higher and jD if they're lower than you.

i need some advice what can i use to combo into Ragna's astral heat? I've tried doing the backgrab and then astral but the opponent recovers too quickly for me to catch him with the slash to start the onslaught. So is there anyone who can help me with this, also I am a little ignorant with the code names you guys use for moves like 5C i do not understand that at all so can some one explain it to me with like all names not codes, thank you.

This goes into General Discussion. And I'll just break it down for you: Imagine the numbers are directions (to get an good idea, look at your numpad to the right of your keyboard) So 2 is down, 4 is back, 6 is right, 8 is up, and 5 is neutral, for example, creating things like 214A, 3C, 623C and 632146D. It's actually very simple once you get used to it. A, B, C and D refer to the attack buttons. JC is Jump Cancel. JCC is Jump Cancel Cancel (canceling a JCable move in another move, like Black Onslaught.) j.(A,B,C,D) refers to a move done in the air. RC means Rapid Cancel. IB is Instant Block. And so on... A simple to combo into Astral is 5C, 3C, 214741236C (Ultima says 21412369 might be a better option, but it's personal preference, really).

This goes into General Discussion.

And I'll just break it down for you:

Imagine the numbers are directions (to get an good idea, look at your numpad to the right of your keyboard)

So 2 is down, 4 is back, 6 is right, 8 is up, and 5 is neutral, for example, creating things like 214A, 3C, 623C and 632146D. It's actually very simple once you get used to it.

A, B, C and D refer to the attack buttons.

JC is Jump Cancel.

JCC is Jump Cancel Cancel (canceling a JCable move in another move, like Black Onslaught.)

j.(A,B,C,D) refers to a move done in the air.

RC means Rapid Cancel.

IB is Instant Block.

And so on...

A simple to combo into Astral is 5C, 3C, 214741236C (Ultima says 21412369 might be a better option, but it's personal preference, really).

AHHH the numbers, I'm still a little confused, the 3 confused me a little then the massive amount of number came up and i screamed, well all i can say is that i now realize the massive amount of number would happen to be his astral finish, but the 5C and 3C confused me a lot

This goes into General Discussion.

And I'll just break it down for you:

Imagine the numbers are directions (to get an good idea, look at your numpad to the right of your keyboard)

So 2 is down, 4 is back, 6 is right, 8 is up, and 5 is neutral, for example, creating things like 214A, 3C, 623C and 632146D. It's actually very simple once you get used to it.

A, B, C and D refer to the attack buttons.

JC is Jump Cancel.

JCC is Jump Cancel Cancel (canceling a JCable move in another move, like Black Onslaught.)

j.(A,B,C,D) refers to a move done in the air.

RC means Rapid Cancel.

IB is Instant Block.

And so on...

A simple to combo into Astral is 5C, 3C, 214741236C (Ultima says 21412369 might be a better option, but it's personal preference, really).

my bro explained it by using the keybored since we play with this so NOW i understand and i thank you for this info

doesn't jC prorate more then jD or something? most probably it's best to not use jC too much

If you're talking CT, j.C prorates less than j.D to my knowledge.

If CS, ignore this post.

I love how you can actually combo from 214214D. Not into the move, but after the move. No joke. The funny thing is, the damage is shit at that point (5% proration...?), so why something like 214214D>5B>[5C]>6A>aircombo is actually working in the first place is way beyond me. (I found that out while messing around with Infinite Blood Kain right before hopping online, was confused, and messed around some moar with it in non-IBK, so it's legit.)

has this tager specific been mentioned for cs yet? 5c-jc-jC-jD-GH-KA(delay)-5b-6a-sjc-jC-jD-jD-BE-5D-GH/HF/ID pretty sure it didn't work in CT because 6a would just whiff because of it's hitbox, but it's pretty solid now, don't have the damage numbers off the top of my head but I belieeeeeve it breaks 4k, not bad for a non-knockdown combo

Actually, that entire combo up until Belial Edge (for obvious reasons) is indeed possible in Calamity Trigger.