Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Damned Wolfe

[CS2] Ragna General Discussion

How do you Play Ragna?  

185 members have voted

1. 1. How do you Play Ragna?

• Straight up Offense!
    • Bait in to Punish!
    • Defensive Punish!
    • Spam Hell's Fang and Inferno Divider moves!

that's strange, I could never duplicate it on tager in CT, always felt like the delayed KA would cause him to tech too high, but hey the more you learn

also got to see something pretty hilarious in my trip to ctf, some ragna 2c'd a jin's 6B and it linked straight to astral, thought that was classic

edit: urgh, can't believe I forgot this, my most important reason for going to CTF

I decided to throw around some RCs in certain combos to see where I could get with them, out of all of them I ended up with an interesting one that fixes a lot of situations

5b-5c-5d-GH-KA(delay)-RC-dash-6A-sjc-jc-jd-jc-BE-5D-pick (forgot the exact damage on this one, I remember it being around 3.7-3.9k though, it's pretty handy when your 5d-dash is out of range and you want to end with a GH) damage is 3.6k

5b-5c-HF-RC-3c-delay 5d-dash-6A-sjc-jc-jd-jc-BE-5D-22c(this one was what I was questioning a while ago, it does indeed do more damage than the standard RC combo we've used for ages, something like 200 or 300 more, hopefully we see some people going for this instead of the same RC combo we've used for ages) damage is 3.5k

3c-5d-GH-KA(delay)-RC-6A-sjc-jc-jd-jc-BE-5D-22c(and the compilation of the two, I couldn't get anymore hits in because the timing for the 2nd jc seemed really, really strict, so either I blow at timing it or air loop has a lot more falloff time than I thought without counters) damage is 4.3k

if anyone wants to suggest any RC combos i'm all ears, most of these are pretty welcome news to me seeing as how many times I've had to GH or HF because 5d-dash cancel wasn't possible.

also: new proration sucks, it feels like for doing something impressive you get maybe 200-300 damage rewards, might as well RC into 22c or just use it for safe zoning.

well just started playin cs. and mainign ragna again from ct. can any1 give me his up to date bnbs? i see alot o fplayers are using double BE. so whats his main reg combo? whats his combo after a hit 2c? whats his best corner combo? and whats his manin double BE combo. iv been told in irc but like a dumbass i forgot to write them down. thanks in advance

I think something like 5B>5C>5D(DC)>6A>j.C>j.D>JC>j.D>BE>5D (2 hits)>22C would suffice. For that question about 'main reg combo', of course.

3c-5d-GH-KA(delay)-RC-6A-sjc-jc-jd-jc-BE-5D-22c(and the compilation of the two, I couldn't get anymore hits in because the timing for the 2nd jc seemed really, really strict, so either I blow at timing it or air loop has a lot more falloff time than I thought without counters) damage is 4.3k

lol... if you're using 3C as your combo starter, essentially you can do that combo without RCing with a small change.

3C 5D GH+followup -> 5C sjCD djC BE -> 5D 22C

5b-5c-HF-RC-3c-delay 5d-dash-6A-sjc-jc-jd-jc-BE-5D-22c(this one was what I was questioning a while ago, it does indeed do more damage than the standard RC combo we've used for ages, something like 200 or 300 more, hopefully we see some people going for this instead of the same RC combo we've used for ages) damage is 3.5k

About the 5B 5C Hells Fang combos you listed... if you're going to spend meter, carnage scissor nets you better damage, life drain & meter return.

In BBCT, hells fang RC combos had a more important role. 5C had such massive range that you could connect with it from a range where Carnage Scissor wouldn't combo (it would take too long to reach the opponent, so they could block), but hells fang would still work. In BBCS, because of the reduced range on 5C, this rarely happens anymore.

The only moves I RC with Ragna these days are Inferno Divider, blocked Gauntlet Hades, 2D and occaisionally dead spike (don't ask, hehehe...).

I think it was more or less the fact that I still saw ragna players using 5b-5c-hf-6D etc. as their rapid cancel, when it was only doing what, 3-3.2k? seemed like a complete waste to me and yeah I agree with the CS part, even at a large combo count it was still doing about 500-600 more damage than ending in an RC 22c, although not exactly the best oki out there which reminds me, is 3c-CS-5c-air loop-be-5d-22c possible?

I'm pretty sure you just do another 6D/j.C, j.D (JC), j.C, j.214C after the first Belial Edge. Just keep the original combo short or else it might not take.

Sorry but i was trying some stuff out on my blazblue and short but sweet combo for ragna (not sure if it is in here or not but here we go)

4B+C into Carnage Scissor does about 3152 damage

...You can do far more off an CS.

Try doing this:

(Midscreen)

5C>CS>dash 5B>6A(hjc)>j.C>j.D>JC>j.C>j.D>623D>236C>214C.

Should net you about 5015 damage.

so whats ragna double BE combo?

5b, 6a, j.c, d , jc , BE, 6d, d, jc ,BE, 5d, inferno divida/gauntlet hades/hells fang/ CS etc...

does anybody knows if BE loop exists i got an idea like,6a, jc, d, jc, BE, 6a, jc, jc, BE, 6d, d, jc , BE, d,ID

This been posted yet..? 50% Meter needed 3B+C > GH> followup> RC> land, delay 6D JD> GH> followup Damage: 3733 Confirmed to work on Ragna and anywhere on screen

i doubt it has besides you can do. 4B+C>GH>delay followup>5B>6A>sj.C>J.D>J>C>J.D 623D>236C>214C v 5B>623D>236C>214C if you notice the second one is omiting the 6A but you get the same damage if not more.

Posts moved because the Calamity Trigger combo thread is for new combos and combo info only. This thread is for discussion. (DI0793's post was also moved for the context of the discussion and because there are much better ways to spend meter anyway.) When the Continuum Shift combo thread is opened, I'll probably let people post thoughts on pre-existing combos in the thread itself (not just asking "how do I do this?", but discussion on how it works, who it works on, how damaging/practical it is etc), as it will all be referenced in the opening post.

blue beats and ending with C inferno divider, solid bnbs there. if you're doing a jump-in combo there's no reason you shouldn't fit 3c knockdown in :\

hmmmmm. that's pretty damn close to the tier list i made up, cept i put rags lower and hazama higher oh yeah, arakune would move up too

yeah that's pretty much what I expected, the only one that seems out of place to me is kune's rating, but I suppose there's really not much going on pre-fever mode to boost him to A

I found matchups/tier list >>here<<:

I'm not sure how official it is, but it looks pretty reasonable and more or less confirms the existing tier list.

Also, it puts ragna at +6,5 overall which is a bit below Bang and Litchi. Arcadia probably just wanted to simplify the tiers since he would be in a tier all alone (nearest to him being +11 and +3.25).

hey i was wondering if anyone did a combo write up about the extended? combo that ragna can do http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm9577766 (starts at around 1:19 there are more parts in the video where he does it as well) if you watched that, ragna does 6D, jD after berial edge into another combo, but it doesnt seem to work all the time, so can someone explain what kind of setups are needed for that extension?