Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Damned Wolfe

[CS2] Ragna General Discussion

How do you Play Ragna?  

185 members have voted

1. 1. How do you Play Ragna?

• Straight up Offense!
    • Bait in to Punish!
    • Defensive Punish!
    • Spam Hell's Fang and Inferno Divider moves!

TK GH starts up faster hits lower and does more damage as a combo starter.

for exchange it hits a bit later than standard GH.

it should be more info in the 101 threads I think.

Final Ultima is awesome...

here ya go.

"Aerial Gauntlet Hades" related woes

Q: I see people in General Discussion and in the Combo List refering to a TK GH. What is TK GH?

A: TK GH stands for Tiger Knee Gauntlet Hades. It refers to an aerial Gauntlet Hades performed extremely close to the ground via the command 2147B. It is a very useful technique to learn.

Q: Why? How does an aerial Gauntlet Hades differ from a grounded Gauntlet Hades?

A: Compared to its grounded counterpart, aerial Gauntlet Hades starts up faster (12 frames instead of 20), is active for longer (9 frames instead of 7), recovers faster (14 frame landing recovery instead of 15 frames + 14 frame landing recovery) and has a larger hitbox that hits both head and body attributes as opposed to just head. It can also lead into combos on a grounded opponent.

Q: If it's so much more useful than a grounded Gauntlet Hades, then why not just do Tiger Knee Gauntlet Hades all the time?

A: There are three reasons why a grounded Gauntlet Hades sees more frequent use.

1) If a grounded move isn't jump cancelable, you will not be able to cancel it into a TK Gauntlet Hades anyway.

2) Gauntlet Hades is technically active long before its hitbox extends in front of it, making the improved start-up time irrelevant against an opponent not immediately above Ragna. Because the extra height of the jump (as close to the ground as it is) means that Ragna has to be later in the swing to hit an opponent in front of him, a grounded Gauntlet Hades will hit a grounded opponent first.

3) Gauntlet Hades does more damage when grounded.

Useful information. Especially the part not everything can be cancel into a TK GH. Though it avoided my very own question is 2147 any different then 2149?

Since GH always launches Ragna forward, there is no appreciable difference between the two. However, the 2147B is much easier, so I would jsut do that one.

I'm feeling generous now. Not like a was a rude person to begin with. Considering my situation that I'm in some do and some don't know of Online Chariot. At the moment I'm closing the idea and may actually trash it. I have a recording device which we happen to seen earlier. I would like to help my fellow Ragna friends on both PSN and XBL. Just add me as a friend when we obtain CS and I'll do frequent recordings of Ragna only and post them here. See if we could all help each other out.

More information- Not only will Ragna act as our solely devoted recordings. If you happen to have the same sub as me they'll also be recorded and distributed in other sections.

I guess so. You have literally one frame to connect it unless you land a Fatal Counter, so dropping it isn't uncommon. Having to dash for a link puts the difficulty back in that Advanced Input took out. I only tend to land it every 3 or 4 attempts myself.

Also, what marks the distinction between BE bouncing an opponent (IE, standard combo opportunity) and them just becoming grounded and immediately being able to tech. The guide says it's got to do with the angle of approach, but I'm not sure exactly how that would be able to be changed. The greatest offender of BE not bouncing for me has been when attempting 5D -> 5C -> j.C -> etc combos

Also, what marks the distinction between BE bouncing an opponent (IE, standard combo opportunity) and them just becoming grounded and immediately being able to tech. The guide says it's got to do with the angle of approach, but I'm not sure exactly how that would be able to be changed. The greatest offender of BE not bouncing for me has been when attempting 5D -> 5C -> j.C -> etc combos

double j.C is much better than j.C-j.D-jc-j.C in positioning for it on the majority of the cast and lessens the chances of them teching because of a lengthy combo, so if you're using 3 hits in the air before BE change it to 2

doing 5C-j.C should only change how they're teching from 5C-j.C, shouldn't effect the combo beyond that

I've always been wondering this. Online (in CT anyway) I would see Ragnas do 5C > 6C mid-combo. I try it on training but I just can't manage it, only on counter hit. Is there a trick to doing this, or am I just slow?

only works with CH 5C or when the opponent is crouching. You'l usually land it after 6B (overhead) or hit confirming a few 2A's on a croucher.

I've always been wondering this. Online (in CT anyway) I would see Ragnas do 5C > 6C mid-combo. I try it on training but I just can't manage it, only on counter hit. Is there a trick to doing this, or am I just slow?

it only works on crouch or CH.

double j.C is much better than j.C-j.D-jc-j.C in positioning for it on the majority of the cast and lessens the chances of them teching because of a lengthy combo, so if you're using 3 hits in the air before BE change it to 2

doing 5C-j.C should only change how they're teching from 5C-j.C, shouldn't effect the combo beyond that

Against Ragna (Mirror) j.C-j.D-jc-j.C has been the only way I can consistently achieve combos. I had been using the double j.C but i'll keep testing it to make sure it isn't the height i'm at when BE starts.

I love when i'm playing CT ragna, see someone crouching while i'm doing 5B-5C, go for 2C-6C then remember it's CT

CS can't come sooner

Against Ragna (Mirror) j.C-j.D-jc-j.C has been the only way I can consistently achieve combos. I had been using the double j.C but i'll keep testing it to make sure it isn't the height i'm at when BE starts.
As a rule of thumb, if you're doing 5D (DC), 6A/5C, do j.C, j.D (JC), j.C if you landed the 5D on a grounded or knocked down opponent, and do j.C (JC), j.C if you landed it on an airborne opponent (the later also works for throw combos, "throw, 214B -> delay 214D, dash 5B, 6A" etc).

The idea is to have Ragna in line with the opponent, he can't be significantly above or below them when Belial Edge starts. If you know that, you can start improvising if it looks like it won't work as planned.

As a rule of thumb, if you're doing 5D (DC), 6A/5C, do j.C, j.D (JC), j.C if you landed the 5D on a grounded or knocked down opponent, and do j.C (JC), j.C if you landed it on an airborne opponent (the later also works for throw combos, "throw, 214B -> delay 214D, dash 5B, 6A" etc).

The idea is to have Ragna in line with the opponent, he can't be significantly above or below them when Belial Edge starts. If you know that, you can start improvising if it looks like it won't work as planned.

The above method has worked perfectly thus far, thanks for the help.

2B, 3C, 22C, dash 5B, 6A, 5C (HJC), j.C, j.D (JC), j.C, j.214C, dash 5D, 22C

Damage: 3636, Difficulty: ****

I take it that the reason for the 4 star difficulty is cuz of the 22C, dash 5B, 6A huh?

I'm trying to prepare a Ragna as my secondary and I'm tackling this combo right now, and im starting to think the 22C, dash 5B is gunna be pretty important for Ragna's bnb damage combos.

Only sometimes I can link the dash 5B but it always turns into a BLUE combo #, hence I messed up the link.

Any tips at all? Timing, Techniques different people may use, Buffering, or anything that else may be helpful?

22C, dash 5B is far from necessary for regular combos, it's really just to push his max damage a little bit higher. Most people will probably opt for double Belial Edge combos for ease of use and for meter gain anyway.

In regards to actually landing the link, it's really something you just need to feel out. Learn to time your forward presses so that you dash as soon as you recover and make sure you don't do accidental 6Bs instead of dash 5Bs. Oh, and make sure Stagger Recovery is on so you don't need to worry about blue heat combos. I'm afraid I can't really help you much other than that.

On a related note, a video to go with my last post in the combos section. A couple of the combos shown are taken from pre-existing combo videos, but doing them myself allowed me to jot down some notes for future reference.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w18xQVNU2OU

I like j.C-j.D, j.C, unless they're too high in which case I just do j.C,j.C. I save j.B-j.C,j.C for situations where I'm comboing off of dash-cancelled 5D, and even then that's not the most damaging followup, it's just reliable.

EDIT: Holy shit, that last combo gives back a ton of life.

hey guys, just a quick question: for the double berial edge combo, do you need to dash after you land from the first BE to connect with 6D-jD-jC ?

edit: sorry guys, another random question; wat is the exact command for an IAD?

hey guys, just a quick question: for the double berial edge combo, do you need to dash after you land from the first BE to connect with 6D-jD-jC ?

edit: sorry guys, another random question; wat is the exact command for an IAD?

Well, strictly speaking you can land 6D, j.D (JC), j.C on everyone without dashing, but if you don't dash for the 6D or aren't near the corner, the second Belial Edge will whiff. I find dash 6D a little finicky to do personally, because 6D is so slow and whiffing it is seriously bad news, so I usually just save double Belial Edge combos for the corner where it becomes brainless.

As for Instant Air Dash, the generally accepted command is 956, I believe.

Well, strictly speaking you can land 6D, j.D (JC), j.C on everyone without dashing, but if you don't dash for the 6D or aren't near the corner, the second Belial Edge will whiff. I find dash 6D a little finicky to do personally, because 6D is so slow and whiffing it is seriously bad news, so I usually just save double Belial Edge combos for the corner where it becomes brainless.

As for Instant Air Dash, the generally accepted command is 956, I believe.

Thanks alot ultima! also, off topic but, do you have BBCS yet? and what kind of video equipment do you use to record video?

edit: goddamn it! BE -> dash -> 6D D is really friggen hard >_> i just tried it on the pc and i couldn't get it...

pc has input lag up the ass.

so I don't even bother with it.

So today while I was in a room with Titanium and St1ck, I realized something. Against a D mashing Noel (A slightly intelligent one at the least, who knows when to strategically use their drive in strings), I am helpless.

Other than 6A seems to be the best option since it stuffs 2D completely and has good active frames, but things like 5B, 5C and even 2C were getting stuffed like none other. Horrible experience.

Then again, I'm pretty sure my Ragna gradually became worse over the course of that room due to the lag spikes.

EDIT - I also realized I suck at tracking movement, Titanium was all over my ass on the approach and I couldn't predict shit :gonk: