Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Damned Wolfe

[CS2] Ragna General Discussion

How do you Play Ragna?  

185 members have voted

1. 1. How do you Play Ragna?

• Straight up Offense!
    • Bait in to Punish!
    • Defensive Punish!
    • Spam Hell's Fang and Inferno Divider moves!

For some reason, BE bluebeating mid edge counts as an untechable knockdown. It doesn't happen very often. And when it does, it's very hard to tech because BE hits so rapidly. Also, general advice, don't mash tech unles you are actually going to tech. You'll get reset alot.

Yup, it's even covered in the Frequently Asked Questions.

Q: I've noticed that sometimes when I'm doing Belial Edge during an air combo, it suddenly becomes invalid before the last hit. Not only that, but if the opponent doesn't tech, I can somehow land 22C despite not having done a 3C or 2D during the early part of the combo. Why is this?

A: The opponent probably hit the ground before Belial Edge's last hit. Depending on your angle of approach, Belial Edge can occasionally force an opponent down to the ground before the last hit. When not caused by a move that bounces or puts them in knock down state, an airborne opponent can tech instantly once they touch the floor during a combo, and that's what makes the combo invalid. That said, the last hit of Belial Edge pops the opponent back up into the air, so if they didn't tech between the hit that knocked them down and the hit that knocked them back up, they're in a 22C-able state.

Can I start double BE with any normal BE combo startup or are there specific ways to do them?

Also, what is the best pressure/mixup game for ragna, and his proper game plan?

Can I start double BE with any normal BE combo startup or are there specific ways to do them?

Also, what is the best pressure/mixup game for ragna, and his proper game plan?

5B 6A jc jC jD jc jC BE 6D jD jc jC BE?

and im horrible but i kinda just wait and punish.

you could also 5B 3C 5D dc 5C hjc jC jD jc BEcombo too.

2C, 3C, 214214D, 6C (delay HJC), j.D, j.D (JC), delay j.D, 6D, j.D (JC), delay j.D, land, j.D (JC), j.D, j.214C, dash 5D, 22C

Damage: 6090, Difficulty: ***

Anyone got any tips to do this damn combo? I haven't even been able to do it once after practicing for several hours.

Also if anyone knows of a video or is willing to make a quick one for this, it would also be greatly appreciated so I could at least see it done properly once.

Can anyone tell me why i can fully combo into BE after a normal JC, but when i attempt to HJC into BE the combo tends to drop the last few hits of the BE(causing bluebeat hits) ? I've been able to land it a few times, but i'm already 100% with just a Normal JC followed by a jump cancel after the 5D. Am i not hitting the 5C soon enough? Thanks.

BE has a height requirement, if your too high it doesn't let them floor bounce or it blue beats, if your too low it whiff's.

hey guys I played CS a few days back and I was stuck with the double BE, do you guys use any visual cues for the dash 6D>j.D part?

it just feels like when I do 6D I'm too far and when I attempt to dash 6D he goes too far and it blue beats.

hey guys I played CS a few days back and I was stuck with the double BE, do you guys use any visual cues for the dash 6D>j.D part?

it just feels like when I do 6D I'm too far and when I attempt to dash 6D he goes too far and it blue beats.

You need to dash 6D if they don't go in corner from the first BE. You just have to get used to the timing, I look at the when the combo counter stops and do it right after that. So far I haven't been bothering with it unless I have them in corner, cause I'm not consistent enough with the dash 6D yet and it really sucks when you miss it.

In some of Ragna's combos in the combo thread, such as 2B/6B/5B, 3C, 5D (DC), 6A (HJC), j.C, j.D (JC), j.D, j.214C, dash 5D, 22C, a 6A is used after the 5D DC. However in others, like 5B, 3C, 5D (DC), 5C (HJC), j.C, j.D (JC), j.C, j.214C, 6D, j.D (JC), j.C, j.214C, dash 5D, 22C, a 5C is used there instead. Since the 5C has a greater reach, why is 6A used in the first combo?

In some of Ragna's combos in the combo thread, such as 2B/6B/5B, 3C, 5D (DC), 6A (HJC), j.C, j.D (JC), j.D, j.214C, dash 5D, 22C, a 6A is used after the 5D DC. However in others, like 5B, 3C, 5D (DC), 5C (HJC), j.C, j.D (JC), j.C, j.214C, 6D, j.D (JC), j.C, j.214C, dash 5D, 22C, a 5C is used there instead. Since the 5C has a greater reach, why is 6A used in the first combo?

6A has a greater vertical hit box, while 5C does not.

6A has a greater vertical hit box, while 5C does not.

So, is which you specific to the combo or does it just depend on where the opponent is relative to you after you DC?

Little bit of Column A, little bit of Column B.

Also, 6A has a better P2 rating and significantly longer untechable time. Basically, you only use 5C when 6A won't reach.

On another note, I finally improved the damage of the combo I put up like a week or two ago, and then in the same day, there's a Japanese video with the same basic idea and pretty much the exact same second half of the combo, but the opening hits prorate much better and improve the final damage by like 300 over what I had. Needless to say, I was like "FFFFF-"

Thanks that helped a lot. What i found is that if you HJC after 6A you can't buffer the BE, because it will come out while you are too high in the air, and that will cause the combo to drop. You have to input the BE right after the J.D. You have to aim for the lower half of the hitbox. Weird, but i have it down now.

make fun of me if you want, but i cant beat tager in score attack. i curbstomp bang and tao, but tager beats me. i dont know what to do.

he just sits in the corner and throws random pokes and charges. i try to get close enough to 5B or 5C, but he always hits me first. any attempts at rushing him at all ends up in backdash 360. its just... argh! i never have this much of a problem vs online tagers.

halp pl0x

not gonna lie Mu-12 has some of the most dumbest hitboxes ever. It's impossible to hit her with a standard Double BE combo... and yeah doing 5D(1) DC is hella hard now, I think its 1 frame timing, I used to be able to do that shit easy in CT.

is it me or has dash canceling 5d (1) become a lot harder? i can't do it consistently anymore..

Trust me it's much more difficult to pull it off now. Can't even have an effective mix-up at times. GGJ, sorry for missing the room invitation. I must have been distracted. Get at me later.

not gonna lie Mu-12 has some of the most dumbest hitboxes ever. It's impossible to hit her with a standard Double BE combo... and yeah doing 5D(1) DC is hella hard now, I think its 1 frame timing, I used to be able to do that shit easy in CT.

You can hit Mu-12 with the default Double BE combo, you just have to have faster timing.

alright I'll practice it, I almost thought that she was the only character that couldn't get hit by it. I thought she was gonna be another Zappa...(You have to make improvised combos for them to work)

Hey guys, anyone have any advice for when you absolutely know someone is gonna jump back after you end a string? I know IAD throw is there, but it gets predictable and easily broken. I'm just looking for some mixups in this situation.