Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Damned Wolfe

[CS2] Ragna General Discussion

How do you Play Ragna?  

185 members have voted

1. 1. How do you Play Ragna?

• Straight up Offense!
    • Bait in to Punish!
    • Defensive Punish!
    • Spam Hell's Fang and Inferno Divider moves!

Hey guys, anyone have any advice for when you absolutely know someone is gonna jump back after you end a string? I know IAD throw is there, but it gets predictable and easily broken. I'm just looking for some mixups in this situation.

TK GH?

really the only thing i can think of. unless you want to dash and try to catch them as they land.

Is there a trick to 5D>22C? I can't seem to get it. I've been settling for Inferno Dividers instead :|

Knockdown the opponent in the combo with either 3C or 2D, then make sure you're close enough after the 5D for the 22C to hit.

Make absolutely sure that knocked the opponent down before you went for 5D>22C. If you didn't, go ahead and do DID. Otherwise, there's no excuse for missing out on an opportunity for oki/mixup.

for 5d (1) DC, seems like advance input does not work. input the dash on the last visible animation frame of 5D (1) which is right before 5D (2) hits

still very unsafe if they expect it, though.

If you're referring to the standard double Belial Edge combo, it is possible. You need to land the 6D as low as possible. I think it's a 1-framer, but don't quote me on that.

I'll experiment with it some more, but most of the time I couldn't get it to work.

Yeah I had the same problem after Proto told me, you have to time it extremely fast. In doing that the 2nd BE is very low to the ground.

If anything, I find that it's a very lazy delay.

You're just landing from Belial Edge and it's like "Err... now."

I'm having a real difficulty with Ragna's mission 7 combo. Not only do I enjoy trying to complete challenge mode, but it seems that it's a rather useful combo in matches, too!

623C -> 236C -> 236C, 5B, 6A, (HJC), j.C, j.D, (JC), j.C, 214C, 3C

I'm having trouble landing 5B, 6A. Not so much the 5B, but the 6A that follows. It whiffs very often.

On rare occasions that I do land the 6A and go on with the air combo, 214C seems to hit the dummy in a weird way so that he can tech out.

I'm figuring I'm not figuring out the minute spacing know-how for this combo. The computer demonstrations help, but it has too perfect of spacing and timing that I found out it's sometimes best to ask others.

Oh, and finally, I do notice that there should be a delay after 623C for 236C -> 236C. I heard some say delay before each follow-up. I heard delay only before the last follow-up.

I've been delaying both. Is there a significant difference?

Try connection with the second 236C (The wallbounce straight punch) at a timing where it seemingly connects with the opponents face, then wait until they are within optimal vertical range before throwing out 5B, 6A.

so, what does everyone prefer to use as combo enders

5d D. ID?

3c 5d (1) HF+followup?

3c into jump cancel?

6b

or something else, to set up an air throw or attempt a 6a/6d unblockable

I still like 22C when I can get it. Other than that I'm still working on figuring out which I should do when.

Still need to implement that 3C > safe jump j.C stuff TitaniumBeast posted, seems like that would be the go to option in a lot of cases.

5d D. ID?

3c 5d (1) HF+followup?

3c into jump cancel?

6b

I'd imagine it largely depends on what you want at the end of a combo. For life gain, 5D>623D is best. For okizeme, a jump-cancelled 3C is best.

Though, as VR said, if you can, use 5D>22C. Not only does it give you great oki, but it does a guaranteed 400 extra damage.

5d D. ID?

3c 5d (1) HF+followup?

3c into jump cancel?

6b

Mid-Screen off BE combo - Dash 3C -> 5D (1 hit) -> HF -> Tsuika (Almost always puts them in a corner after BE combos)

Corner, no ability to do 22C, life drain will make some difference - 5D -> ID (D)

Corner, no ability to do 22C, life drain is not needed - 3C -> Jump Cancel

Corner, 22C is applicable - Double BE combo -> 22C ender

I like to end most of my combos with Hells Fang. Even after the first hit of Hells Fang depending on my recent start up I could link it into some other good shit. Majority times 22c or just giving myself time with a new approach. It's reliable in my hands no matter how risky it is.

5D > 623D vs 3C > JC combo enders are purely preference. Against most characters, I just do 5D > 623D combo ender even when life drain is not needed because of the extra meter gain.

Plenty of good options,

TK GH - overhead

2D/6C - low

5B (hits) > GH - overhead

5B (hits) > 2D - low

6B - overhead

dash 2B/3C -low, catches them if they don't tech

dash 2C - fatal counter if you know they like mashing out uncontrollably

throw set ups

bait a reversal

or simply apply pressure again

These aren't the only options of course.

Do what ever you want, that's why 22C is so good.

I guess just don't do anything silly. For example don't do 6C, if you need a low do 2b or 3C. Personally I'm a big fan of going for tick throws, or tick setups afterwards, that or 6B.

for anyone who reads the ragna oki thread or has looked around 3C is the prefered ender unless you get 22C oki, forcing emergency tech then getting a safe jump is -miles- ahead of any other option unless you REALLY want the meter gain.

I can't seem to consistently do a Tk'ed Gauntlet Hades. More than 70% of the time the ground version of GH comes out. Is there some sort of timing in pressing 2147B or something? Just so you know, I have no problems doing a TK'ed Belial Edge (just to show that I can TK)

I'd say a lot of it depends on the matchup too, like vs Hazama where you really want the extra meter to pressure him. Even though the mixups off of 5D -> 623D etc aren't as strong as 3C oki, they're still good enough that you can force the other person to tech in a non-ideal position and still pressure them. A lot of it will depend on your opponent as well and how well they know the matchup.

I can't seem to consistently do a Tk'ed Gauntlet Hades. More than 70% of the time the ground version of GH comes out. Is there some sort of timing in pressing 2147B or something? Just so you know, I have no problems doing a TK'ed Belial Edge (just to show that I can TK)

My only guess is you're pressing the button too early. Put on input display in training, that will probably show your error. If going to just 7 doesn't work for you, you can always go around more to 8 or 9 to get it out.

Thought this would be the best thread to ask in and I hope it hasn't been answered already:

In BE combos (j.C->j.D->JC->j.C->j.214C...), is there a particular advantage to using j.C->j.214C versus using j.D->j.214C. I've been using j.D->j.214C with the same results as using j.C->j.214C but I've read in other places where it has been said that you should always use j.C. I mainly use j.D just for HP gain...