Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Damned Wolfe

[CS2] Ragna General Discussion

How do you Play Ragna?  

185 members have voted

1. 1. How do you Play Ragna?

• Straight up Offense!
    • Bait in to Punish!
    • Defensive Punish!
    • Spam Hell's Fang and Inferno Divider moves!

Thought this would be the best thread to ask in and I hope it hasn't been answered already:

In BE combos (j.C->j.D->JC->j.C->j.214C...), is there a particular advantage to using j.C->j.214C versus using j.D->j.214C. I've been using j.D->j.214C with the same results as using j.C->j.214C but I've read in other places where it has been said that you should always use j.C. I mainly use j.D just for HP gain...

j.C does more damage and prorates better than j.D. j.D has the least life drain of any of Ragna's Soul Eater moves anyway.

j.C does more damage and prorates better than j.D. j.D has the least life drain of any of Ragna's Soul Eater moves anyway.

Oh, ok. Cool, I'll have to check it out in training mode. I also noticed that 5D->DC->5C prorates much worse than 5D->DC->6A (about a 500hp difference)....

In-combo prorate for 5C is 85, while for 6A it's only 89. 6A is preferred after 5D DC, but 5C will hit in some situations where 6A won't. If you use the 5D DC combos, you have to account for this. The 3C, 2B pickup combos are not as damaging, but they are more reliable and work from further away.

Hey guys I'm having trouble with this combo 623C -> delay 236C -> delay 236C, 5B, 6A (HJC), j.C, j.D (JC), j.C, j.214C, 6B. After 5B I seem to be out of range for 6A to connect and when it does the follow up to HJC, JC etc does not combo fully. Does this combo work anywhere on screen or is it the timing between my delays between 623C > 236C and so on?

Hey guys I'm having trouble with this combo 623C -> delay 236C -> delay 236C, 5B, 6A (HJC), j.C, j.D (JC), j.C, j.214C, 6B. After 5B I seem to be out of range for 6A to connect and when it does the follow up to HJC, JC etc does not combo fully. Does this combo work anywhere on screen or is it the timing between my delays between 623C > 236C and so on?

You gotta delay the last 236C by quite a bit make sure it's above their head. then try to connect with Dash 5B and so forth.

Yeah, I usually do the 5B just a split second before they hit the ground. I'm working on incorporating 5D to actually make that combo a little easier to connect...

Yeah, I usually do the 5B just a split second before they hit the ground. I'm working on incorporating 5D to actually make that combo a little easier to connect...

I tried to find something easier a bit ago, didn't find any practical use for 5D after the 236C wall bounce, but good luck. You lose so much damage and it's not really that much easier to time. I think doing just 6A is easier, just do the last 236C early and 6A as they fly over you. but getting the BE to connect is weird from that. Sadly using 5C doesn't work to make it super easy like it did in CT for me.

I think doing just 6A is easier, just do the last 236C early and 6A as they fly over you. but getting the BE to connect is weird from that. Sadly using 5C doesn't work to make it super easy like it did in CT for me.

I may try that when I get off of work. On the BE in that combo, I try to get as high as I can (at least parallel with my opponent) and then BE. Doing that, I can 99% of the time catch the float and finish w/ 5D->623D->236C->214D. Speaking of which, What do you guys think is the best finisher after the float on BE or is the one I just listed the best one?

is anyone able to do 22c ==> dash 5b 3c 22c again consistently WITHOUT a FC? if so whats your way and whats going through your head while doing that..

my main problem is buffering the 5b with the dash after, either i dash with 5b coming out too late, or 6b comes out. Due to the situation...from what i see you must buffer the dash and 5b at about the same exact time..hence that damn 6b. I swear if 6b's command was 4b this would be 100x easier! I understand the 5 frame system good and can link tight combos, but not sure in this specific situation it might even hurt you?

The way I do it is wait for Ragna to punch them in the gut and listen for the voice clip they do after getting punched...Then I input the dash 5B. If you're getting 6B a lot, I heard that inputting 664B can help. Or keep practicing the dash (let go of 6) B motion.

...and finish w/ 5D->623D->236C->214D. Speaking of which, What do you guys think is the best finisher after the float on BE or is the one I just listed the best one?

:psyduck:

so say you connect a blocked 5b/5c at max distance, what would you guys do? cancel to 6d and dash in to attempt to continue pressure? or attempt to mix up with gh/2d, which does not seem like a good idea, but just letting them get out of pressure after you start a possible block string is also bad.

normally i just go for gauntlet hades/2d, and if it hits, combo off of it. if not, rapid into pressure.. but that requires meter

In that situation doing GH/2D and RC'ing if they're blocked is fine, you just have to be careful to not get predictable with it cause some characters can do supers/DP's to hit you out of them. You can also cancel to 2C whiff, which recovers fast enough that it's doubtful they'll punish you for it. It's probably best to try hit confirming the 5B in the first place though, cause you can also do GH/2D off that if you wanted, and it's not as bad if they blocked just 5B.

there's a lot of fear to BD Ragna that i've seen thanks to all the people who do mindless hell's fangs or Gauntlet hades, not saying you should do it every time but it might tag them on block

forward/quick tech otg

ender - 214a 214d, 3c

I'm a little confused here. Are you saying you can hit 3C after connecting with 214A, 214D? Cuz as far as I know, that doesn't work. Or are you including the 3C as a separate scenario, and if so, what cases?

CS Ragna feels like a textbook in combat. There's basically no way to distinguish one from another. Its not like the tier list bothered me for his placement but his combat has generally turned out to be dull. Had a discussion with a friend of mine as anyone with any working thumbs could generally be good with him. At times I have to agree 100% of the time.

Does anyone think CS Ragna is flawed or just not as rewarding in combat?

Selfishly thinking CT felt more balanced. If you were losing to top tier you probably didn't know the match up too well.

CT Ranga: Work hard to balance aggression and risk, with mixup and life total.

CS Ragna: Land one combo, get 50 heat, do whatever you want into 4k Damage and more heat, eventually you win.

There are still good and bad Ragna's, but because the character is so good (compared to the rest of the cast), and his stuff is easy to do. You don't need to be as good to be threatening.

Hey guys i was wondering if someone could tell me something about the double BE combo, after the first BE how do you dash and 6DD? and after the 6DD sometimes j.C whiff why? do you need to like mash the J.C? seems like a really small gap to land the J.C.

anyways thanks in advance!

You really gotta do the whole thing as fast as possible, it sounds like you aren't hitting the jC fast enough, do it the moment you JC the 6DD.