Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Damned Wolfe

[CS2] Ragna General Discussion

How do you Play Ragna?  

185 members have voted

1. 1. How do you Play Ragna?

• Straight up Offense!
    • Bait in to Punish!
    • Defensive Punish!
    • Spam Hell's Fang and Inferno Divider moves!

is there any specific reason for doing j.C -> 7j.C -> j.214c or 6D -> j.D -> 7j.c -> j.214c or do japanese ragnas do it for no reason

Its probably for positioning. I also noticed that too when I was watching a recent match with Kaqn. I also noticed him doing Gauntlet Hades RC (on hit) to Double Belial Edge combo which very smart.

It wasn't entirely like I was "trying" to use 6C as an anti-air, I was initially using it for mixup and jump cancel option, but because they jumped, it hit... ...?

So, even if something hits, so long as it does hit, I just want to capitalize on it.

And yes, I do use TK Gauntlet Hades from time to time.

Also I know it may/may not be safe from time to time, but counterhitting with Belial Edge at certain heights causes floor bounce, so I try to use that as well when I deem it useful/safer than usual (not VS Tager obviously).

this is too hard for 95% of dustloop

I was expecting something like that.

Anyways, just utilize Ragna's epic 5B(aka Jesus Kick) and 5C and j.C and force your way in, see a reversal coming? Block and punish.

Not as far as I know...you might wanna try looking in the frame data though, all I know about 623D is it hits twice and steals life and his iFrames later on than 623C.

Im only asking this because I had my D Inferno Divider stuffed twice by Lambda's 5C, till I used C Inferno Divider.

DID is not invincible on frame 1, it doesn't become invincible until frame 6 and then stays invincible through frame 17. CID is invincible frame 1 and stays invincible through frame 21, which makes it much more useful as a reversal. The tradeoff is that combos started with DID do more damage because it has 100% prorate as a first hit, compared to CID's 70%.

CID -> Upper -> Straight, 5B-6A, HJC hj.C-D, dj.C -> BE, 3C-5D(1) -> HF -> Addition does 2364 dmg. The same combo started with DID does 3207 dmg.

DID is also a bit slower (9F startup, CID is 7), but it's the invincibility that really makes the difference. DID is still relatively strong in some situations, though. It removes primer, so you can do some ghetto mindgames with it occasionally.

Heres something I want to know about Ragna. A lot of people say the big thing that makes Ragna so good in CS is his meter gain. When they say this, do they mean just in general? Or how most BE combos give him close to 50% heat or just ones that give him 50% heat and over? I apologize if I asked a silly question.

I'm having trouble with connecting GH's in combo's even if I wait till the last second to do the follow up is it a spacing problem?

If you're trying to connect with 5B, it is possible that you're doing that move too soon so you can't then go into an air combo. Wait until your opponent is just a little lower-pretty much so that you and your opponent are almost perfectly parallel from each other until you press 5B. Then you can do a longer combo is you got the angle right. Anybody feel free to correct me if anything I said was wrong.

Your going to have to explain yourself better. Is it combo-ing after [G.H. Followup] with 5B or is it just doing the followup?

If 1.You have to delay the followup a little

2. Your delaying the followup too much in this case.

Jab Combo 2 5A/2A>5B>3C>5D>66>6A>2+9>J.C>9>J.C>214C>66DD>9>J.C>21 4C>66>5D>22C

I can't get this combo to land. Always black beats at the first belial edge, no matter how tight or delayed everything else is.

Edit: Alright, I found out that part wasn't working because I was trying it on Jin, and apparently 6a BE combos mess up on Jin. But even trying it on Ragna, using J.C > 9 > J.C > BE caused him to tech immedaitly after BE, and using the usual J.C > J.D > 9 > J.C > BE caused the correct bounce, but the combo becomes invalid before the second BE still.

so, does anyone have any devoured by darkness tech trap set ups? i only have a couple right now

ender 214a -> 214d -> delayed 214214d

ender 5d -> 214a -> 214d -> immediate 214214d

623c -> delayed 236c -> delayed 236c -> delayed 214214d

I can't seem to link dash Jesus Kick (god I love that name) into a Tk'ed Gauntlet Hades outside of the corner. The combo I'm talking about is of course:

2147B -> (delay)214D -> dash 5B -> 6A -> Air Combo

I've tried holding 4 while doing 5B to prevent 6B from coming out, but I always seem to blue-beat.

yeah, my bad, read it wrong.

chances are you aren't delaying 214d enough, if the 5b doesn't connect. 5b 6a from TK GH combo does not require a dash on half the cast, so try delaying 214d more. the timing on the 5b doesn't matter most of the time, just do it asap.