Sign in to follow this  
pulsr

GGSlash May: Match-Up thread

Things to do vs Slayer:

-he is vunerable to whales when in his foward teleport, I believe he is also vunerable during the backwards one, but I'm not 100% sure, I'll have to test

-you can do an ohk to slayer when he does his 236236H super: this is the most satisfying attack in all of #R

Not that I don't mash 3K against Slayer but he can punish it on block with CH 6P, wallbounce, 6H PB from pretty surprising distance from the wall. You do 20 damage if you get it right, he does like 160 if you get it wrong.

After playing a bunch of May vs. Robo-Ky all of the rest of her matchups feel like they're like 9 to 1 in her favor.

Not that I don't mash 3K against Slayer but he can punish it on block with CH 6P, wallbounce, 6H PB from pretty surprising distance from the wall. You do 20 damage if you get it right, he does like 160 if you get it wrong.

After playing a bunch of May vs. Robo-Ky all of the rest of her matchups feel like they're like 9 to 1 in her favor.

the slayer match up is really bad, but thats why you WILL turtle against slayer using hoops, because he has NO options against this. and sadly you cannot 6p slayers j.hs however hcf p does stuff it. uhh you can 6p his 6hs, take note of what he is also doing. if hes doing dandy into those 3 whacky attacks whatch what he does when you block, if its a 2k or 5k.. if its a 5k 6p that shiettttt.

uhhh what else on robo his damage is to consistent for may to really deal with, his jump ins stuff 6p and hoops so you will be spending alot of time running underneith him trying to land as man k s s pokes as you can =/ the one major disadvantage is that its pretty unreliable to land 2d hori dolphin into combo, so you will also be spending 50% tension on 2d spinny super.

good news though is you get the ohk hs s hs vert dolphin combo on him for like an addition 15 dmg >.<

edit: phaethon thats mays rushdown in a box :P

theres also k, P hoop into oblivion

and k s s hori dolphin (s)

k s s 2s vert dolphin (s)

k s hs k s (probably the most reliable one)

guys try to find means of dealing with characters w/o tension i mean obviously if we sat in the corner after landing ag oold burst we will whale something lol, we need solutions!!

the slayer match up is really bad, but thats why you WILL turtle against slayer using hoops, because he has NO options against this. and sadly you cannot 6p slayers j.hs however hcf p does stuff it. uhh you can 6p his 6hs, take note of what he is also doing. if hes doing dandy into those 3 whacky attacks whatch what he does when you block, if its a 2k or 5k.. if its a 5k 6p that shiettttt.

uhhh what else on robo his damage is to consistent for may to really deal with, his jump ins stuff 6p and hoops so you will be spending alot of time running underneith him trying to land as man k s s pokes as you can =/ the one major disadvantage is that its pretty unreliable to land 2d hori dolphin into combo, so you will also be spending 50% tension on 2d spinny super.

good news though is you get the ohk hs s hs vert dolphin combo on him for like an addition 15 dmg >.<

edit: phaethon thats mays rushdown in a box :P

theres also k, P hoop into oblivion

and k s s hori dolphin (s)

k s s 2s vert dolphin (s)

k s hs k s (probably the most reliable one)

guys try to find means of dealing with characters w/o tension i mean obviously if we sat in the corner after landing ag oold burst we will whale something lol, we need solutions!!

you can put johnny in situations where he becomes afraid of using 2hs, after that it really does become a 6p frenzy.... sorta some moves you have to look out for. just learn to judge johnnys max distance and you should be able to sneak in those CH 6ps

you can put johnny in situations where he becomes afraid of using 2hs, after that it really does become a 6p frenzy.... sorta some moves you have to look out for. just learn to judge johnnys max distance and you should be able to sneak in those CH 6ps

Don't count out a slayer that knows how to use his pokes right. Slayer 5H is incredibly good :I

Ky can completely devastate may IMO. Yes, you can 6P his VT and there are some other wierd things you can do but in reality i think she has a huge disadvantage here

Don't count out a slayer that knows how to use his pokes right. Slayer 5H is incredibly good :I

Ky can completely devastate may IMO. Yes, you can 6P his VT and there are some other wierd things you can do but in reality i think she has a huge disadvantage here

I agree, Ky is my toughest fight (since no one here plays Rky). Jam gives me some problems too, but it isn't so bad.

Don't Johnny's 5HS and 6HS both trash May's 6P?

I agree, Ky is my toughest fight (since no one here plays Rky). Jam gives me some problems too, but it isn't so bad.

Don't Johnny's 5HS and 6HS both trash May's 6P?

What should May do against Venom? She's my brother's most used character and Venom is mine and I'm looking to help him get better. I'm totally forming an Iowa team that will be beastly.

Yeah right. Iowa sux :(

What should May do against Venom? She's my brother's most used character and Venom is mine and I'm looking to help him get better. I'm totally forming an Iowa team that will be beastly.

Yeah right. Iowa sux :(

against venom just realize that your kick beats his 2D, but loses to far S and 2S (iirc), and that this fight can be pretty uphill for a few reasons like his 2S and far s being a huge bitch for may, and his ability to 6P any dolphin or aerial move with complete ease. but she has such good damage that she can still win this

against venom just realize that your kick beats his 2D, but loses to far S and 2S (iirc), and that this fight can be pretty uphill for a few reasons like his 2S and far s being a huge bitch for may, and his ability to 6P any dolphin or aerial move with complete ease. but she has such good damage that she can still win this