Sign in to follow this  
pulsr

GGSlash May: Match-Up thread

When you bait a VV, do it outside of command grab range. Meaty J.S vs sol is a great idea since you can land and block if he VV's and you time it right, and if he doesn't VV than you can mixup with lows/highs/throws afterwards~. PS this is doubly true against Ky where I find most of my damage comes from him fucking up.

i zone sol like a mofo, he should never ever get in cleanly if you just spam k,s,s and iad away. learn to time your jump ins so that if they vv itll just fly off into outer space

After having played slash for a while I'm finding that overall may's match ups are a little easier. Is anybody else with me?

problems with Fxxk top mt. Ky

I got thrown by 2p throw, 5k throw, 6hs throw, slide frc throw, 2p 2p throw, 5k 5s 6k throw, mix the above with 236d

wt can i do ? IB is a way but it happens too fast, freakin ky pressure + build gaurd alot better than eddie, one counter or throw frc = 40-50% of my life

also, what do u guys do for a running ghost summoned zappa that keeps on high jumping ghost toss and praying for random shits?

ky tick throwing? well... your reactions havent adjusted to it yet, thats all that is really. you can do 3k on wake up against a charged stun edge... but itll only hit if he does something heh.

btw FDing gives pretty strong results againsts tick throws

vs zappa ghosts? well the ghosts dont go full screen if hes spamming the roll ones so you can set a hoop and put him in block stun and charge him, or... just jump over him that way works to he doesnt have an anti air to j 2hs

ky tick throwing? well... your reactions havent adjusted to it yet

well the ghosts dont go full screen if hes spamming the roll ones so you can set a hoop and put him in block stun and charge him

exactly...i am not used to ky's better normals, get counter too much, now that i feel intense pressure even he stands like a rock, jhs, 6p, 2hs, slide, fireball....the gap between may and ky is widen...:(

i will set hoops and turtle against za ghost =/, cuz za can air dash after ghost toss, so he can fly over the hoopz :cool:

well fighting above may is more or less suicide with all of her anti air optoins especially if they are dashing alot.

well fighting above may is more or less suicide with all of her anti air optoins especially if they are dashing alot.

agree, unless if u are Johnny with his no responsibility jhs :annoy:

hard to anti-air Johnny’s jhs....if u try to run toward and zone u get hit, u back dash u still get hit...

1)is it possible to IB his jhs and throw him when he lands?

2) How do I punish jo's "623s frc s" when he does it on my wake up?

jam... her 6hs owns may a lot, counters f.s ,5k, and 28/46 dolphins

her 5k pokes are also annoying, pokes into a throw or 2d>IAD js>jhs>combo hurts

May’s js and j2hs doesn't work too well becuz of jam's parry

3)wt should I keep in mind playing against jam?

4) How do I take advantage of her moves?

Been lurking for a while and finally registered and I would like to thank everyone in this subforum for elevating my May game. :)

May vs. Sol what do you do?!?!?! Getting gunflamed in the corner and getting my okizeme tactics stuffed by dps aren't fun. ;_; So what's a good way to get out of the corner against a Sol, or any corner whoring characters in general.

EDIT: NVM, made noob mistake. Sol tactics were already discussed. *looks back into thread*

i wanna say jam is probably mays hardest match up, probably worse then ky simply because she easily out damages you ;[. with jams parry and 2s you will be having alot of difficulties, its not that 2s and parry is amazinly broken it just gives her sooooo many more chances to actually deal damage to may while mays game is less... uhh constructive.

ok fighting jam i usually lurk around in zoning range but mind you i really do not attack i MIGHT throw out a random k or 2d but its important not to whiff and you wanna get jam to whiff so you can get in and make sure you pressure her using 2k rather then k so you dont have to worry about her parry. random dolphins don twork very well because for some random ass reason all of jams moves seem to be able to stuff them.

the most important thing about fighting jam is trying to put yourself in a position where you can optimize mays damage output while jam has a huge disadvantage in hers (which is still not really a disadvantage) btw you can use mays hs the sam eway jam would use her 2s on you.

Yes I do find Jam to be the hardest matchup for May. Going for crossups are near impossible 'cause a failed parry would end up being a block anyway.

Something I find myself doing is FRC hoop run in 2k a lot. That's just me though.

Personally hardest matchups from hardest to easiest:

Jam

Sol

Ky

yeah Jam is really bad for may, i went to a tourney couple months ago. I barely beat 1 jam then lost bad to another Jam. Jam's parry just kills anything i do. If i do a dashing jump slash jam will parry it and do a combo for about half my life. and horizontal dolphin is parried easily and vertical dolphins to. Guess i need to not telegraph my dolphins so much. and she can parry my Random Whale super, which is so embarrasing :cry: i try not to oki so much against her also. Just stay away and maybe try to poke her to death im just afraid of this matchup. I need rematch against Sir Phobos to see how i can try to win that match :blue:

It's not as much as that you can't oki Jam as it is that you can't use most of them. You could still use your low/grab oki, but your crossover okis most likely won't work. And then that's when they begin to backdash on wake-up and you just get pissed off.

jams 6.hs beats everything you have except 6.p

jorge my stick should be coming in soon when I get it....its time lol

after playing kjunks jam a lot, I can tell you that 5H is basically may's best move in this fight. sometimes it stuffs 2s and 5K, but the problem is that you NEED to hit with it (block/hit) because on whiff, if the jam does a 5K or 2S early, the jam can run in and punish 5H recovery on reaction (!?)

DONT bother with most crossups on jam, and also ALWAYS go low unless you're mixing up with dust, it's not worth getting parried/raped for

5hs doesnt work on jam your just gonna eat counterhits

it's supposed to be a pre-emptive thing, like throw it out wicked early. iirc 6p early beats a dashing 2s also, but 6p is just an awful move in general to use against jam more than a handful of times

also it can stuff some IAD shit if jam tries for IAD pressure out of the blue (which she shoudln't)

i run away with iad back hs ignoring negative penalty. if she starts building tension ill screw around with s dolphins. the match is just way to brutal for may to REALLY compete against. i just try to force jam to whiff and then hit with whatever pokes i can her range is STILL shorter then mays so just try to hang around outside of her range and make her whiff stuff the problem is that you arent getting to much damage and will eventually eat it when she does get in =/

i run away with iad back hs ignoring negative penalty. if she starts building tension ill screw around with s dolphins. the match is just way to brutal for may to REALLY compete against. i just try to force jam to whiff and then hit with whatever pokes i can her range is STILL shorter then mays so just try to hang around outside of her range and make her whiff stuff the problem is that you arent getting to much damage and will eventually eat it when she does get in =/

Co-sign. My best round against a Jam at the Walnut tourney was when I went uncharacteristically defensive and fished for neutral/back jump j.H and anti-air 5H.

shin is right about ky and jam, sol can be bad but... he has alot of difficulties dealing with zoning so.... yeah ;p everyone else is pretty much winnable just a bit more work then i would like it to be.

i did pretty good against Jam at the recent Guilty Gear Gathering i went to. I mainly did alot of low pokes against her. Alot of 2s also to keep some distance between us. Just mainly start my rush against jam with 2k or 2p. then do mind games into OHK

wake up games doesn't work on jam

5k= parry

and any other moves will get thrown

but basicly u will get upper cut by her, unless u stop in a distance so her uppercut will not connect to 214k than u can punish her with a 6p combo

knockdown>hoop is ideal for wake up games toward jam, same as other uppercut characters

wake up games doesn't work on jam

5k= parry

and any other moves will get thrown

but basicly u will get upper cut by her, unless u stop in a distance so her uppercut will not connect to 214k than u can punish her with a 6p combo

knockdown>hoop is ideal for wake up games toward jam, same as other uppercut characters

what about a 2s or a 2d do u think that will work on her for a wake up?? or a 2k

here's my combo to do on her for wakeup. 2k, 2s, 2d, dolphin uppper?

2K is the safest attack you could use one wake-up vs. Jam. You could also do a really meaty 2D and get frame advantages.

@K2: space out 2K and you won't get thrown.