Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Tigre

[UNIEL] Hilda Matchups Discussion

I disagree on Byakuya. All of his hit confirms corner carry and his corner pressure is so fucking hard to escape, plus his air mobility is very good for getting around her zoning. I think he has slight advantage, I've changed my opinion after playing some very solid Byakuyas. Everything else is agreeable.

Cast notes

Merkava

Hilda can really aggravate merkava since she's probably the only character who has three answers to flight.

Answers to Flight

Close range, rush: b+c charged, this if done early enough will shut down merkava and send him flying back to the screen where his only answer will be grab hands or begin flight again. If he simply is going to be doing grab hands continually jump up and down doing skewer to annoy the merkava player into action. Depending on how annoyed he is, he'll run back into neutral. 

Mid range, hovering: B-lynchpin does wonders. While he can fly out of the range of a b-lynchpin. He really can't do anything at that high and pushes himself into a corner if he decides to do rush so even on whiff, that lynchpin will be safe. 

Far range, throwing fireballs: Merkava cannot block. C. teleport at this range will go right behind him and do a massive amount of damage which you can combo with after. The route is basically c. Teleport, 66c, lynchpin for a huge amount of damage. 

R1 option starters

5c: This move will beat merkava's quickest long range poke as long as he doesn't take a step forward.If he tries attacking right away, you're able to do a standard combo such as 5c, 2cc, 22b (ect.)

22a: 12 frame low which will hit him even if he takes a step forward, if you know the merkava you're playing against likes buttons please feel free to use this move. If they're patient i really don't recommend it due to how negative you'll be. 

66b: Extremely good move to use unless they jump straight up

3C round starter is really good vs him because it hits even he's standing or trying to jump. I'm usually using 3C xx 22B, 2B starter or backdash round starters. You can snipe pretty good his assault attempts with 3C and 3B on close. Try always be your 2C range, it's where Hilda makes miracles in this matchup.

Sure enough, soon as I ask for advice against him, I never encounter him again. Maybe this "ask-and-never-see-again" tactic will work for Linne, lol.  But the advice is much appreciated. I've always liked to be defensive on my openings and considering he can pretty much hit you right at the start... FUN!

... but really. Best advice against Linne (if any). I know she's a difficult/annoying matchup and I keep running into all the 1M RP Linnes for some reason. Ranked AND Player matches.

Sure enough, soon as I ask for advice against him, I never encounter him again. Maybe this "ask-and-never-see-again" tactic will work for Linne, lol.  But the advice is much appreciated. I've always liked to be defensive on my openings and considering he can pretty much hit you right at the start... FUN!

... but really. Best advice against Linne (if any). I know she's a difficult/annoying matchup and I keep running into all the 1M RP Linnes for some reason. Ranked AND Player matches.

Most linne's don't use her best tool against hilda, but if they're going to roll at you just do a tk dive kick, it will hit them and free combo

Also be very sparring with your back spikes i don't suggest you use them unless you have chain shift

oh and learn how to guard thrust it saves lives 

I have no idea how to fight a good Carmine with Hilda. How do you guys approach this matchup? I'm trying to focus more on my Hilda these days.

Be your 2c range as long as possible and try zone him out. At pressure you need shield few his stuff and converse vorpal for guard thrust but don't use guard thrust on some blockstring on corner, because there's slight risk to get blood pool jump move which beats it.

How does Hilda deal with Eltnum? Lately i've been encountering issues fighting her

Watch her meter and spacings vs her. If she has 100% meter she is probably going to fix to interrupt your strings with her fullscreen laser attack or try to hit you with EX Etherlite whip (whatever her 214C is called). Best way to bait these things out is to just use a lot of whiff cancels in your pressure involving 2A/5A. Her supers should not be fast enough to tag you out of these moves if used as a whiff cancel off her normals like 2B, 5C, etc. Her 236A/236B have limited range so if you stand outside of it and poke at her from there you should be fine. Outside of that, your normals are much larger than hers so take advantage of your range and anticipate how she is going to get in on you. After that, knock her down and run DP safe oki involving tk assault j.[C]/land 2A. Doing this instead of a full jump into the mix up always you enough time to visually confirm them blocking Condense gloom first and still get the mix up. Very useful against characters with legitimate DPs. 

If she gets in on you, you have to hold her pressure. Try to shield things like 236A/236B for GRD and extra pushback. Don't shield her pressure involving her normals mindlessly because she can easily break your shield with assault j.C, delay throw, 6B, 66C, and j.214B if you are not careful. Veil off is your general "get off me" tool, but you should probably aim to VO during the start up of her overhead or a special attack since its very easy for the opponent to hold back to block during pressure to block your VO activation and kill you. Don't be scared of using up your Chain shift on her guard cancel to get Eltnum off of you. This also goes for you if you have VO activated already. Might as well use up some of the meter to get them off of you and set up a EX Gloom against them if they get hit by the guard cancel. Gotta pick your spots carefully when you try to mash out of pressure, but honestly trust in your defense and try carefully blocking until you get the GRD to get out. If you can't, then diceroll with a mash 2A/throw or divekick. This MU is pretty much just like all the others so stay cool when being pressured and establish your dominance in neutral asap and just knock her down and never let them back up. 

Doonpa, can you give a writeup on Hilda vs Carmine? I'm working on improving my Hilda and matchup experience. Seems like a good one can start setting puddles and assault c me before I can move.