Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Tigre

[UNIEL] Eltnum Matchups Discussion

Thank you guys. What about that one move when he passes through you and places the trap? I'm not too sure how that works but it gets me also. I guess it's best to keep close and keep him pressured.

Is there any suggested block strings to keep Byakuya at bay? Another problem I have is that I can't maintain my pressure on him.

Thank you guys. What about that one move when he passes through you and places the trap? I'm not too sure how that works but it gets me also. I guess it's best to keep close and keep him pressured.

Is there any suggested block strings to keep Byakuya at bay? Another problem I have is that I can't maintain my pressure on him.

Throw him/mash button if he tries the pass though.

No special blockstring just any of Eltnums dozens of block string he has no special tools really to let him out of your pressure just run him over.

It's not an easy matchup. :v

If you read that she's gonna low air kuuga, 421 through. Save a low in blockstrings to blow up her attempts at buffering dps (she's not holding 1 if she's doing 623). If she tries to do ground kuuga into command dash/roll, mash 5A unless it was max range. Punish bad kuugas in general with 236C. If she dashes at you mid range, 3A+C+D and force her to bait it. Respect ExKuuga. Force them to bait you after they do 5C. Most mid level Linnes will do 5C[C], 5C delay 2C, or 5C kuuga. 421C through for 4k until they start baiting you. Her mixups aren't especially strong, so you can feel free to block for a good while, though.

Backdash on ExFlash to make ExBlood and ExGrab whiff and punish. That's all I know about the matchup. :v

Does backdash have enough invicibilty to go through ex blood? Ill have to test that. but for carmine good reads on whip to beat out his fireball and not being scared of his air normals go a long way. I know his j.[c] hits a big area but its also a charge move. Your j.c should beat it out in speed and also has a good enough hitbox to deal with j.b and j.c. but once you get in just be aware that good assualt oki beats everything he does. Ex grab? your in the air. Ex blood? not a true reversal. Veil off? time your assault to safe jump.

On a different note. One thing i've been having success with is using 66c to beat out tk kuuga from Linne. 

If he is doing the "unblockable" just EX cutting sync that on reaction if you have meter.  If you don't just DP and trade.

Other then that 214X series is really good in the matchup at neutral.  Another good tip is after blocking overhead EX cutting sync out especially if he doesn't have CS/meter.