Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Kiba

[CPEX] Tsubaki Yayoi Changes and Discussion

it is probably more of the fact that because you main tsubaki you sorta dispise every other character for having better stuff, atm I'm super excited about the nerft everyon eis getting rather the minute buff we're getting lol. litchi, hazama, relius, hakumen, valk lol well the list goes on, that is where the real excitement is  =)

I think the "22[D] not an unblockable" thing is just them confirming that yeah, no, that's not back. :P

6C change hurts and makes me kinda sad.  Hopefully still can be jump cancelled on hit or it's going to kinda be garbage now unless they change 6CC to float a lot more or something so you can do 6CC > 2C Stuff. :P

j.214D overhead is lols.  On the one hand, it's something that, honestly, we kinda need.  On the other hand, it's something they gave us once in a past loktest and then took away.  Well, we'll see.

Almost seems like they ARE nerfing everyone to T-tier.  I can't actually say that I'm entirely sad about that, but it seems out of line with past goals for the series.  Maybe they are nerfing the crap out of everyone in initial tests and then rolling back? Who knows. Loktests are fun.

I wish all the nerft sticks because its going to make one hilarious game.

haha, people start playing footsies. jk. I'm enjoying just hearing about stuff. I wouldn't mind if the game had a different look. We'll see how things change after the tests. I play Litchi on the side a tiny bit but I'm curious how everything will work. I enjoyed CT and CS2 Litchi more than CS1 and CP and enjoy playing playing Tsubaki more than CP Litchi. We'll see how it all goes. 

As someone said, people are probably missing all of the buffs that are subtle but could be prominent later. 

I tried google translate.

OD ultra Deadly C flame. ODD in flame like. Pursuit possible because it floats after the tackle. Banana. This eight weapons appearance seem like bananas? Come out. Thicker than bananas ← obscene injection feeling a little slowly.

Story of the combo. C blende B sword is sticky and lead specification change of C-blende. I could always throw of the center. Can not be low gouges? Unconfirmed center can Yaritsubasa ska 5C2CC

I was no longer blown off when before much additional D 閃空 during. Was Muzuka~tsu to pick up rigor is long. You do not pick up still

Deathblow C blende is around the back. I do not know advantages and disadvantages. Have low how to blow-off of C spear opponent D lamps to Volante like not rotate back, D blende, blende special Blows off before you become healing. C spear hit landing blende can be canceled. You can not guard time. From the front? D wing middle B style no longer slide down

5A5BB5CC6B that lead to squatting usually felt skills 5A2B grace Summary overall sky scan of camellia together has decreased does not lead. Lead Reducing even one. Float of 2CC or 2C is high. Passive non-time decrease of JC? Unconfirmed 6C guard during jump not be canceled

Thanks Konan. All I got from that is that 2C and 2CC might float better. Thicker than bananas.

Okay I'm going to do some really really crappy interpretations right now based on the kanji Konan is using next to the specified letter while looking at the Japanese names of Tsubaki's specials on the wiki. Still going to be google translate or other machine translators, but I will try.

C閃が裏回る。有利不利はわからない。
D閃、特殊閃は裏回らなく
D灯がボランテみたいに
D灯が昔のCひしょうけんみたい
C槍相手の吹き飛び方が低くい、ちゆなっと前に吹き飛ぶ。
C槍ヒット時着地閃キャンセル可能。ガード時は出来ない。前から?
D翼中段
B風がスライドダウンしなくなりました
C焔。ODD焔みたいに。タックルした後浮くので追撃可能。
D翼中段 槍ヒット時のみ閃キャンセル可
C閃の仕様変更でC閃B剣が繋がりづら。
2Cまたは2CCの浮きが高く。
JCの受身不能時間減?未確認
6Cガード時ジャンプキャンセル不可
5A2Bしゃがみにつながる 
5A5BB5CC6Bが繋がらない。一個でも減らすと繋がる。
槍空キャンできないの?
槍翼すか5Cが全キャラにつながりは
ツバキまとめのまとめ
全体的
空キャンの猶予が減った感じ

審技・ク一ノ撃, Shingi: Hirameku = 236A/B/C/D (閃)

・光ヲ断ツ剣, Shinken: Hikari wo Tatsu Tsurugi = 214B/D (剣)

審剣・ヲ凪グ剣, Shinken: Kaze wo Nagu Tsurugi = 22B/D (風)

審技・闇ヲ穿ツShingi: Yami wo Ugatsu Akari = 421A/D (灯)

審槍・空ヲ突クShinsō: Sora wo Tsuku Yari = 623C/D (槍)

審技・空ニ閃ク, Shingi: Sora ni Hirameku Hikari = j.236A/D (光)

審技・空ヲ翔ルShingi: Sora wo Kakeru Tsubasa = j.214A/B/C/D (翼)

審罰・天ヲ刈ル, Shinbatsu: Ten wo Karu Honō = 236236C/D (焔)

C閃が裏回る。有利不利はわからない。

C Sen is around the back. I do not know advantages and disadvantages.

236C probably does the cross through that 236D currently does. Konan is unsure about the frame data most likely.

D閃、特殊閃は裏回らなく

D Sen, special blende not rotate back

236D might have lost its cross through attribute maybe. So I guess it was moved to 236C. Really I have no idea.

D灯がボランテみたいに

Like Volante D lights

Well that one is easy. 421D is now like Carl's Volante. That could mean a lot of different things, though. It could start out slow and then accelerate. It could stay on screen even if Tsubaki blocks something. It could pop people in the air and be actually useful in combos that don't involve 421D > 236D. It may have been given a good P1 so that it is an actually good combo starter. Who knows.

D灯が昔のCひしょうけんみたい

A D light seems to be old C flight Ken 

Okay, so 421D has the same acceleration pattern as 1.0's [4]6C, slow at the beginning and fast as it scales the screen.

C槍相手の吹き飛び方が低くい、ちゆなっと前に吹き飛ぶ。

C spear your opponent blowoff is not low, chiyuki Megan Fox was blown off the front.

I am at a complete loss for this one. Konan is talking about 623C. Help me please.

C槍ヒット時着地閃キャンセル可能。ガード時は出来ない。前から?

C spear hit landing blende can be canceled. You can not guard time. From the front?

Some more about 623C. Might be talking about rapid cancelling? Special cancelling? I have no idea. Help me.

D翼中段

D wing in the middle

Well this is referring to j.214D. I saw posts about it being an overhead, but maybe that was wrong? Very very unsure about this.

B風がスライドダウンしなくなりました

B style is no longer slide down

This is referring to 22B. No longer causes slide? What could it possibly cause now? Azrael-style spinning knockback? This might be bad.

​C焔。ODD焔みたいに。タックルした後浮くので追撃可能。

C flame. ODD in flame like. Pursuit possible because it floats after the tackle.

This is talking about Tsubaki's 236236C reversal super. I guess it is now much easier to follow up because it makes the opponent float.

​D翼中段 槍ヒット時のみ閃キャンセル可

Blende cancellable only D wing middle spear hit

More about j.214D. Has to do with canceling and I think "spear" might be referring to her DP. Can't figure this one out.

​C閃の仕様変更でC閃B剣が繋がりづら。

C blende B sword is sticky and lead specification change of C-blende.

At a loss for this one as well, but both 236C and 214B are mentioned. I think Konan might be talking about how 214B and 236C interact. They might interact differently or something. Does this have to do with 236C getting 236D cross through attribute?

​2Cまたは2CCの浮きが高く。

Float of 2CC or 2C is high.

Well that one kind of explains itself. Will this destroy IAD combos forever? I have been noticing a trend in some of these changes for other characters in that Arc is trying to kill off any and all loop combos that currently exist. For instance, Hakumen's j.2A has much less untechable time, so his BnB jump loop is out the window.

JCの受身不能時間減?未確認

Passive non-time reduction of JC? Unconfirmed

I really think they are going to kill her IAD combo if I am interpreting this correctly. Higher float on 2C and 2CC combined with most likely less untechable time on j.C will make the whole thing with delayed j.CC impossible to do.

6Cガード時ジャンプキャンセル不可

I am impossible of jump cancellation at 6C guard time 

Well that one has been found out already. 6C no longer jump cancellable on block. Welp, I guess we gotta rely on its 1.1 special cancellability attribute. What this might confirm is that 6C is still jump cancellable on hit so 6C > j.D > j.C > 5C combos may be in tact. OH WAIT. With her j.C's reduced untechable time, will these still be possible? Who knows.

5A2Bしゃがみにつながる

5A2B is connected to squat down

I really don't know how to interpret this one.

​5A5BB5CC6Bが繋がらない。一個でも減らすと繋がる。

5A5BB5CC6B is not connected. Lead and lose in the piece.

This might mean that this string is no longer gapless? Well I guess the 5A and 6B portions were never a string in the first place. Crouching combo no longer connects? No idea.

​槍翼すか5Cが全キャラにつながりは

Spear blade do the 5 C leads to all the characters

Okay I think Konan is talking about 623C > 214X combos. Possibly the midscreen whiff ones? The corner delay ones? I just see ​槍翼 right next to each other which are the kanji he uses for the two of those series of specials. Maybe the combos are easier to do?

​槍空キャンできないの?

The spear sky can not?

Kanji here again is 槍 which is talking about 623X even though there is no letter next to it. I think that he might be talking about the DP's hitbox. Maybe you can't snipe people out of the air with it anymore.

ツバキまとめのまとめ
全体的
空キャンの猶予が減った感じ
Summary of camellia Summary
Overall
I feel that was reduced grace empty scan

Camellia is Tsubaki. I am guessing that Konan isn't too satisfied with the changes. I have this feeling that everything is going to be more restricted and less free form the way these changes are headed.

Okay, well I tried. Help me if you can. I just ran all of these through like 6 different machine translations and worked with what I had.

I asked Spinoza what he thought (he was playing at the time I asked him so he'll get back to me hopefully)

He said the Tsubaki changes are welcoming.

I asked Spinoza what he thought (he was playing at the time I asked him so he'll get back to me hopefully)

He said the Tsubaki changes are welcoming.

I hope they are more welcoming than Konan made them sound. I am especially afraid of what they possibly did to 236C, 236D, and 22B.

Sure, 236C will get cross through, but that means you will only be able to do reset shenanigans and grounded side switches off of an overhead or crouching confirm even if it doesn't cost resources to do so. There were also some more recent tweets from Konan that I did not put in because I just really couldn't figure them out. The way they came out in all the different machine translations made it seem like Konan was having trouble getting 236D to combo. Then there's the possibility of 22B no longer causing slide. That one scares me the most.

I only really use the IAD combo off of a FC 3CC or FC 6A so I don't feel too affected by the possible 2CC and j.C changes, but I really really hope that the 2C and 2CC "floating higher" do not mess with 236C > 2/5A > 5C > etc. corner combos because I have a feeling that they will very very subtly. Right now getting in a 5C after a max charged 22B in the corner and following it up with 2CC puts most characters at the perfect height for the 236C > 2/5A corner combo to work and it is very very fragile. Hell, they might even mess up a simple AA 2C > 214B or AA 2C > 236X if 2C really knocks higher.

Too anxious right now. Haven't slept because of testing and speculating theoretical restrictions in training mode.

2CC floating higher sounds like it's bringing us back to CS1 status where the only followup option was an air combo. Anyway we'll see.

2CC floating higher sounds like it's bringing us back to CS1 status where the only followup option was an air combo. Anyway we'll see.

Never actually got to play CS1, but I do have a few videos bookmarked I can look at to see what it might have been like. Maybe we'll get the second hit of 5CC to follow up after 2CC. Hahaha.

More stuff from twitter just from searching the kanji.

C閃がガードヒットも相手貫通
・D灯が昔のジンのC飛翔剣みたいにだんだん早くなる
・槍の通常ヒット時浮きが低く
・空中ヒットのC閃からB剣繋がらず(D閃後の剣の挙動になる。B閃B剣は可)
・6Cガード時jc不可
・2CC低ダJCがつながらない*
C blende opponent is also penetrates guard hit
· D lamp is faster gradually to C flying sword like Gin old
• Normal hit floating of spear is low
· (.B Blende B sword that is the behavior of the sword of D 閃後 is acceptable) not lead B sword from Hirameka C aerial hit
· 6C guard when jc not
· 2CC low da JC is not connected *

IAD COMBO DEAD

C閃がガード時に裏回るように、D閃がガード時裏回らないように変更、どちらも不利
B剣の受身不能時間の減少、長いコンボしてると締めのB風タメ入らない

D灯はEXジンのC飛翔のような軌道に

C槍D光B翼の裏周りはB翼がどうやっても当たるからたぶん無理
C blende so turn back to the guard at the time, change D blende so it does not turn back time guard, both unfavorable

Not enter B-style reservoir tightening reduction of passive non-time of B sword, and have long combo

D lights in orbit, such as the flight of the C EX Jin

Back around the spear C D light B wing wonder Maybe because if hit B wing is also doing

5C>2C>C閃〆で裏回り起き攻めできないかなぁと思ったけどそんなことは出来なかった

5 C > 2 C > C hornblende finish in a back turned up offensive can be but I thought I could not do that

とりあえずなんだ、D風ガー不はなし、D翼が中段、6Cガード時jc不可、しゃがみくらいで5A2Bが繋がる。
現状こんなもん?

No I'm a D wind gar intolerance, D wing in the Middle, 6 C non-guard at jc, squatting long lead 5 A2B. Present this is!?

【ツバキ】 ロケテ感想続き

C閃がガード時に裏回るように、D閃がガード時裏回らないように変更、どちらも不利
B剣の受身不能時間の減少、長いコンボしてると締めのB風タメ入らない

D灯はEXジンのC飛翔のような軌道に

C槍D光B翼の裏周りはB翼がどうやっても当たるからたぶん無理
[Tsubaki] Rokete impressions more

C blende so turn back to the guard at the time, change D blende so it does not turn back time guard, both unfavorable

Not enter B-style reservoir tightening reduction of passive non-time of B sword, and have long combo

D lights in orbit, such as the flight of the C EX Jin

Back around the spear C D light B wing wonder Maybe because if hit B wing is also doing

5C>2C>C閃〆で裏回り起き攻めできないかなぁと思ったけどそんなことは出来なかった

And i thought were either not be able to attack happened back around at 5C> 2C> C blende 〆 but I was not able to do that

IT'S OVER

ツバキ1クレさわったかんじC閃とD閃性能が変わってる。C閃が前のD閃みたいにになってD閃はC閃みたい。あと低ダコンはできないぽ。あと2CCの受け身不能時間が減ってる。とりあえず立くらいの5A2B2A2Bはもちろんつながんね。

D Sen and performance feel C blende you touch camellia 1 Kure has changed. D is C blende blende blende like C becomes a D-blende like before. Po can not be low after gouges. Passive down time after 2CC has decreased. It does of course connected 5A2B2A2B much stand for the time being.

Reverse gatling 2B into 2A maybe? Well alright.

ODばなな太い

OD thick banana

God dammit Konan.

I don't understand any of this gibblerish

So, according to this vid : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P2MfZBjNpI0&list=TL5_GyfVi5S5-i6Xw2m1rrTST3cfa_tkAQ&t=1m2s

We'll just have to charge 5 bars, wait for 50% tension, ODCG something, 5C CH > 6C into mugen into dead opponent.

Hopefully this shit isn't going to stay (or BB is going to be a really bad game)

Me neither. All guessing. Just gotta wait until someone who actually understands the language shows up or someone who already speaks English who has experienced the changes firsthand to report them here.

We'll just have to charge 5 bars, wait for 50% tension, ODCG something, 5C CH > 6C into mugen into dead opponent.

But I already do that. Hell, I go for that as often as possible. You just gotta wait for gaps in pressure and whabam. I'm pretty sure I got the idea from here, but using OD's invuln while baiting DPs so that they whiff through you and then going into a CH full length OD Mugen combo is the best thing ever.

Oh I understand that you're able to cancel out of blockstun with it now and get a full length OD, but I don't see it killing an opponent harder than getting the same CH 5C confirm and going into Mugen does right now.

Oh I understand that you're able to cancel out of blockstun with it now and get a full length OD, but I don't see it killing an opponent harder than getting the same CH 5C confirm and going into Mugen does right now.

The point isn't that it kills them 'harder' the point is that it's MUCH EASIER to make happen.

Is there a way to bait these OD Raids? Do you think that they will actually have a downside because I doubt that they will stay the way they are, especially with the fact that they give a full OD rather than the shortened OD cancel.

Dunno; Right now I'm not really speculating about the OD cancel stuff because there's way too much we don't know.

OTOH, I just saw this:

Tsubaki: I've heard great things about Tsubaki in this loketest. j.214D overheading, a new catch move called "Haku-men" and some other stuff. Yet still I hear people drawing complaints.

It's probably not true, but I LAUGHED, so I thought I would share.

The Hakumen thing isn't true; a friend of mine posted a false translation on Gamefaqs of what Konan was saying to troll me. The same "translation" also claimed that the Storm Eagle theme would play when she used j.214X.

:v:

I never expected to get 22(D) unblockable but it's surprising to lose IAD combos off 2CC route. 

That would decrease her damage considerably and reduce her corner carry to be rather pitiful which would be sad because corner carrying is something Tsu's been good at for awhile now.

Loketest though, so I recommend not getting your panties in a bunch but I'm not expecting much either way. 

Unless they improve massively the hitstun of j.214D, i don't see any use of it being overhead.

We can't combo midscreen out of it... it's useless. And it's super unsafe. Why would we take the risk to do that?

It can have its use on corner though. For triple overhead jCC j214D, Jin style