Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Kiba

[CPEX] Valkenhayn Changes and Discussion Thread

Please continue 2.0 talk here.

Valkenhayn's move list is here: http://blazblue.jp/images/topics/140805/technical.pdf

2.0 Changes:
- "Himmel Wolf" is now a normal techable throw. Input changed from w236C to B+C. Special Cancelable on successful hit
- "Konig Wolf" and "Eisen Wolf" now have new variations that move to new directions. New wolf cannon (w236C/214C)
- "Konig Flug" can be done in Wolf mode

Loketest 1:
- wolf grab does not regain wolf meter
- Wolf j.C is not hitting crouching hurtboxes well?
- instant JC does not hit opponent on crouch omg
- Wolf throw > 2B > 2C > 6C is not working.
- Wolf gauge and backstep seem unchanged.
- wolf 236C goes straight above, wolf air 214C goes straight down
- 2C > 6C no longer works.
- w.jA untechable time reduced.

Stuff from day 1 Hima tweets (skipped stuff that's already confirmed):

• wjC doesn't stop inertia anymore.
  • Wolf backdash and gauge unchanged.
  • You stay in wolf form after doing wolf Konig Flug. (I'm not sure if he means on hit too, or just whiff/block)
  • Not much gauge is recovered during Konig Flug. (nothing new)
  • wjA has /much/ less untech time.
  • wjA also has less hitstun. w[jA>jC] doesn't combo on standing. wjA>h5B barely works.
  • wj.A more recovery
  • Can combo off Himmel by canceling.
  • He thinks Himmel has less recovery than normal throw.
  • 2C lost its special untech time. (Thus 2C>6C not working
  • j.214B corner bounds, so j.214B>6C doesn't work. (He doesn't know how to combo into 6C anymore.)
  • j214B strong blowback, so no mid screen combo
  • j214B>6C sometimes possible?
  • 236A floats higher, but has long recovery.
  • He thinks gravity seems stronger in general. Mentioned that back throw > CT doesn't work.
  • wjA/wjB lower level

Stuff Shyn is unsure about and subjective musings:

• Rozen floats differently, it sounded like it pops them like straight up? I'm not sure about this lol. (https://twitter.com/...191132472692736)
  • He was having a hard time picking up wjA hits. I think he said he only got wjA>jC>cannon to work. (https://twitter.com/...199167056269312)
  • I think maybe he said jump is higher or more floaty? (https://twitter.com/...192813897871360)
  • Everyone is getting changed/destroyed, so it's too early to try to think about character strength.
  • 236A is weird, doesn't know how to use it right.
  • "There's still gauge cooldown, and now no gauge recovery on Himmel... It's too harsh! Please spare us!"
  • Valk is way different, so he's motivated to try him! (MOST IMPORTANT BUFF!)

Only thing that concerns me about that move list is whether Himmel will be techable or not cause of the B+C input change. Could be a good thing or a bad thing, who knows. When do the loketests start?

Command grab being techable means its not guaranteed, and that's a bad thing.

Location tests run through August 7th-10th.

Just confirming that Valkenhayn's command grab is indeed throw techable.

By the way, the other things mentioned in that Valk blurb were:

- Because it's techable, you get a better combo off Himmel (special cancelable).

- Air super is possible in wolf form.

- New angles for cannons.

Our command grab is now techable? Damn, I just caught feelings.

New info coming in from loketest

-wolf 236C goes straight above, wolf j.214C goes straight down.

-wolf j.C is not hitting crouching hurtboxes well

-wolf throw >2B >2C >6C is not working.

-wolf throw does not regenerate wolf gauge.

Are they serious with these changes? They've axed our mixup potential so hard with the throw and w.jC nerf. Mori is on crack, this was not the way to balance the character. I felt 1.1 was a step in the right direction, but this is just dumb. Here's hoping Mori realizes how stupid this is before the loketests end.

Also from twitter:

- 2C > 6C no longer works.

- w.jA untechable time reduced.

Are you guys serious? Jesus this really doesn't sound good at all. Are they trying to destroy this character because it sure damn feels like it. 

why would i need a straight up / straigt down wolf cannon?, and reduced untech time for wjA? can they nerf it even more? these changes are just stupid... techable non regen wolf grab... just LOL

I would have been ok with any change to valk .....but taking away his W.JC as a over head fucking sucks ...... Command grab doesn't refill metter?or isn't even a command grab any more? R.I.P Mix up

Sent from my LG-MS695 using Tapatalk 2

Stuff from day 1 Hima tweets (I'll skip stuff that's already confirmed):

• wjC doesn't stop inertia anymore.
  • Wolf backdash and gauge unchanged.
  • You stay in wolf form after doing wolf Konig Flug. (I'm not sure if he means on hit too, or just whiff/block)
  • Not much gauge is recovered during Konig Flug. (nothing new)
  • wjA has /much/ less untech time.
  • wjA also has less hitstun. w[jA>jC] doesn't combo on standing. wjA>h5B barely works.
  • Can combo off Himmel by canceling.
  • He thinks Himmel has less recovery than normal throw.
  • 2C lost its special untech time. (Thus 2C>6C not working)
  • Mondlicht corner bounds, so j.214B>6C doesn't work. (He doesn't know how to combo into 6C anymore.)
  • Jager floats higher, but has long recovery.
  • He thinks gravity seems stronger in general. Mentioned that back throw > CT doesn't work.

Stuff I'm unsure about and subjective musings:

There might be errors in this so feel free to correct me, heh.

EDIT: Didn't get much from Suya, but he did mention that with the Mondlicht corner bound, you can't get to them in time to do j214B>6D>wjA.

Well, things can only look up at this moment.  Mostly because everything is on it's back, but hey, details......

I was hoping to get at least the gauge regen from Extend back (wishful thinking) but to be honest, killing the mixup potential for the best mixup character in the game is a bit....interesting?  If we have to go back to wjA for mixup, it'd be nice to improve the damage we'd get off the confirm.  Or any damage at all for that matter.  I reserve criticism until I see solid evidence, but for now I'm going to roll with the punches hope the dark ages are just a myth.

And I will NOT abandon this character.

I'm not too sure about these Valkenhayn changes. and I REALLY hope your wolf gauge regens with the command grab. I don't think I could abandon the character since he's too cool, but these changes have me worried. Lets not give up hope yet :P

lol what? im scared, these changes seem retarded. ok destroy the char but dont sell the game as a stand alone! LOL patch FTW

i guess its gonna be fun to re-learn the character... wishful thinking, a new special, and DD

No more news afaik guys.

The game comes out in arcades October 9th so we'll have to see what changes are implemented. I suppose they are trying to make Valkenhayn more 'fair' without actually killing his character design (example being the additional IOH nerfs).

Talking about the changes before the release is fun, but please realize that it's essentially just for fun. With all the madness of the loketest, I don't think players of any character really know what to expect here.

My take on it is that maybe he'll be very different. Maybe he won't be a mixup character anymore. If they do that, they'll have something else in mind for him. But I think it's more likely that a lot of the things we saw in the loketest don't make it into release. (or they give him some new mixup.)

Then again, I'm not especially attached to a gameplay design. I just like butlers. So unless they just utterly decimate the character none of it really matters to me. I think some of you might be afraid they actually are going to decimate him. I think it's unlikely. That kind of thing usually ends up happening because it's difficult to balance a character or they're really gimmicky. Frankly, I think he's pretty balanced in 1.1 and he's not gimmicky.