Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Kiba

[CPEX] Valkenhayn Changes and Discussion Thread

My take on it is that maybe he'll be very different. Maybe he won't be a mixup character anymore. If they do that, they'll have something else in mind for him. But I think it's about as likely that most of the things we saw in the loketest don't make it into release.

This is the only thing that has me scared. All it would take to keep me on board would be for wj.C to remain a viable overhead option. As much as it saddens me, I could still totally deal with the command grab nerf.

It makes me sad because if worse comes to worse I don't know who else I would play. I can't think of anyone else who is a purebred mixup character.

I'll also agree about 1.1. He definitely feels like he as been toned down enough to leave "bullshit character" status. I actually think it's the most fun version of him to date IMO as it really forces you to weigh your options, play smart, and optimize all your confirms to suit the situation.

Yeah. That scenario would be the most extreme. I'd kinda understand people freaking out over that, haha. But I don't think it's very likely at all.

Talking about the changes before the release is fun, but please realize that it's essentially just for fun. With all the madness of the loketest, I don't think players of any character really know what to expect here.

My take on it is that maybe he'll be very different. Maybe he won't be a mixup character anymore. If they do that, they'll have something else in mind for him. But I think it's more likely that a lot of the things we saw in the loketest don't make it into release. (or they give him some new mixup.)

Then again, I'm not especially attached to a gameplay design. I just like butlers. So unless they just utterly decimate the character none of it really matters to me. I think some of you might be afraid they actually are going to decimate him. I think it's unlikely. That kind of thing usually ends up happening because it's difficult to balance a character or they're really gimmicky. Frankly, I think he's pretty balanced in 1.1 and he's not gimmicky.

This is the only thing that has me scared. All it would take to keep me on board would be for wj.C to remain a viable overhead option. As much as it saddens me, I could still totally deal with the command grab nerf.

It makes me sad because if worse comes to worse I don't know who else I would play. I can't think of anyone else who is a purebred mixup character.

I'll also agree about 1.1. He definitely feels like he as been toned down enough to leave "bullshit character" status. I actually think it's the most fun version of him to date IMO as it really forces you to weigh your options, play smart, and optimize all your confirms to suit the situation.

One of the things I like about him is mixups.  Taking that away would be a crime.  Although there are other options as far as mixup and mobility, none click with me like Valk does, and none scare the hell out of players like he does.  I seriously hope Arc does not castrate Valk, as he is the reason I started playing BB in the 1st place. 

While I wouldn't abandon playing him, I'd consider taking a step back from BB in general if it comes to pass.  Just wouldn't be as fun.

Pretty excited to see the new Valkenhayn in 2.0. Hopefully he's still fun to play!

So here's what we got guys, and it's not bad.

- 3C > 236A > 6D > w.jA is a new route. Wolf cancel startup reduced? That would be gdlk.

- Command grab is now a techable throw, but it still gives us our meter back.

- New C beast cannons buff our damage output and abare.

- Wolf Konig Flug is a thing. Hopefully it isn't ass anymore.

At the cost of our grab, we gained more open ended combo routes. Not the best trade off, but I'm happy to confirm that the doge is not dead!

EDIT: Confirming that 6D wolf cancel is faster!

- 3C > 236A > 6D > w.jA is a new route. Wolf cancel startup reduced? That would be gdlk.

At the cost of our grab, we gained more open ended combo routes. Not the best trade off, but I'm happy to confirm that the doge is not dead!

You just made my day with this. I'm totally stoked and happy with the changes, thanks for the updates Stellar!

wJc is still alive?

Video is here

Stuff not mentioned:

-Valk's w5C has the same sound as wolf cannon.

-Command grab has faster startup.

-During the air wolf super, wolf guage does not deplete, but the opponent looks like they can tech before Valk's animation is finished (Like Bang's Ashura)

Also the command grab isn't refilling the gauge.

I swear it was as well. Can someone confirm this? I don't want to be that guy spreading misinformation.

I just thought it was because it clearly wasn't recorded in training mode, and if you look at the wolf gauge after the beast cannon combo, it starts slowly refilling like normal (here), whereas the grab refilled it completely (here)

In the second combo, the player pressed j.D immediately, making it look like no meter was gained.

That's my bad, I was focusing on the 2nd time he used it.

I watched the video 5 times the wolf meter is refilling ....idk maybe it's wishful thinking on my part

Sent from my LG-MS695 using Tapatalk 2

I'm honestly not too sad about the Valk changes. I can't wait to play him x_x

6D wolf cancel being faster? <3

Is it confirmed we still get wolf meter back from our wolf grab?

EDIT: After watching the video a few more times, it looks like when you grab and you don't follow up with anything it refills the gauge.

However, if you wolf grab and decided to special cancel into something, it doesn't refill your wolf meter?

I'm honestly not too sad about the Valk changes. I can't wait to play him x_x

6D wolf cancel being faster? <3

Is it confirmed we still get wolf meter back from our wolf grab?

Yup, check my post earlier. 

@Davidov

Geschwind is special cancellable so I doubt getting throw would be an issue.

EDIT: After watching the video a few more times, it looks like when you grab and you don't follow up with anything it refills the gauge.

However, if you wolf grab and decided to special cancel into something, it doesn't refill your wolf meter?

Thats what i said xD

Video is here

Stuff not mentioned:

-Valk's w5C has the same sound as wolf cannon.

-Command grab has faster startup.

-During the air wolf super, wolf guage does not deplete, but the opponent looks like they can tech before Valk's animation is finished (Like Bang's Ashura)

Also the command grab isn't refilling the gauge.

Oh boy....Valk haters will not like this at all.  Oh well....

By Boku zen on twitter: https://twitter.com/Ren_ds/status/520182470801514496

【B>C>JA】5B>2C>リヒト>6C>2C>6B>2C>イェーガー>5B>2C>JB>JB>JC これディレイかけるとイェーガー5Bで受身とられるんね

The combo is w[5B > 5C > 6D > j.A] > 5B > 2C > tk.214B > 6C > 2C > 6B > 2C > 236A > 5B > 2C > j.B > dj.B > j.C

He didn't post the damage, and it seems to be confirmed that 5B > 2C > 6C doesn't work because 2C lost the special untech time that was mentioned in the loketest. So it seems like 5B > 2C > tk.214B > 6C is the way to go to get the 6C hit.

Double post. After watching a Valk on stream:

-They buffed wj.A. Seems to be the same as how it was in 1.0 (S starter as opposed to VS). This is good news. (More: they seem to have reduced its hitstun)

-Midscreen throw > 236C doesn't send the opponent flying far, it launches straight up. It looks like a 5B followup may be possible (he dropped the combo)

-Corner wolf grab > c wolf cannon (it will not hit) > w5C is possible.

I don't think I noticed wj.A > w5C being used. If that does work (which I cannot confirm) then the route should still be in.

I don't think I noticed wj.A > w5C being used. If that does work (which I cannot confirm) then the route should still be in.

You think so? The unusually long untech time and the hitstun on wj.A were both like custom and had nothing to do with move level, so I'm not sure they're necessarily related. In the loketest they were both heavily nerfed, though.

In any case, hooray brjA is back!