Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Kiba

[CPEX] Valkenhayn Changes and Discussion Thread

Can some find a high damage combo mid screen using Nacht Rosen...........because it's pretty shitty in 2.0

Sent from my LG-MS695 using Tapatalk 2

Fuck why didn't 6C hit jin? .............I hope that is not a common thing that happens now

rofl I'm stealing this to post on twitter sorry.

PS: FYI it's probably just whiffing because he's so close. I think that happens in this game sometimes, too.

Corner combos

w[j.C > 5B > 5C > 236A > 5D] > 2C > 6B > 5B > 2C > tk.214B > 6C > 5B > 2C > j.B > dj.B > j.C = 3.4k

wolf grab > 2B > 2C > tk.214B > 5D > w[5C > 236A > 236C > j.236A > j.236B > j.236C > j.214B > j.214C] = 3.4k

CH 5B > 236C > 2C > j.D > w[j.B > j.C > j.236A > 5C > 236A > 5B > 236C > j.236C > j.214A] = 3.6k

Midscreen

[wolf grab > j.236A > delay 236A > w5B > j.A > j.C > j.D] > j.C = 2.7k

w[j.A > 5C > 236A > 6D > j.D] > 2C > 6B > 2C > 5C > j.B > dj.B > j.C = 2.3k

Valk combo thread needs to be made soon. Human corner carry combos are nerfed but the w5C > 6D > j.A > w5B > IAD j.B > j.C route is still available if you want the extra carry.

So I guess it's safe to assume that Beast cannons > 6D > wj.B > wj.A > 5D > h.5C isn't a thing anymore? I'm trying to theorize what our corner carry options are now, because the only Valks on youtube are doing either stuff >j.BBC, or w.5B > w.jB > 3D > w.jA loops (which I've always thought was super suboptima)l.

In BBCP 1.1 I used Nacht Rosen to catch air back......Can you at least get a good combo off a Counter hit Nacht Rosen?

We don't know anything yet about that. It seems that if you do 5B>5C>236C on a crouching opponent, you can keep comboing with 2C which is a particularly important human corner carry nerf. The fact that the float seems shorter also might imply that 236C>6B in the corner might not be possible anymore.

Since you can wolf cancel Nacht Rosen I wonder what you can do after it? .....I doubt 5D .WJC still works but yeah no more human corner carry

So I theorized a route we might be able to use with the new 236C since 2C > TK.214B seems to work still. Assuming it works, we will still have solid corner carry, just no fullscreen stuff anymore without blowing all our wolf gauge. Keep in mind there might have been some stealth nerfs that would ensure this route is useless, so I might just be super wrong.

(Crouch Confirm) 5B > 5C > 236C > 2C > TK.214B > IAD > 5D > wj.AA > 5D > 5B > 2C > j.BBC

I know this should have probably waited for the combo thread, but people seemed a bit concerned about the changes and I wanted to share my thoughts. I hope we could get something like this off of beast cannon still.

(Crouch Confirm) 5B > 5C > 236C > 2C > TK.214B > IAD > 5D > wj.AA > 5D > 5B > 2C > j.BBC

I know this should have probably waited for the combo thread, but people seemed a bit concerned about the changes and I wanted to share my thoughts. I hope we could get something like this off of beast cannon still.

I'm not sure to be honest with you that it would work considering j214B changed. We know it wallbounce in the corner but this might be because they reduced the untech time midscreen.

Anyone saw a video where it was used midscreen and it had the same properties as the one we have right now ?

And we can just corner carry with wolf anyway which doesn't really use that much wolf with either the old IAD jA>jB route or IAD jB>jC so it's not really a big issue.

I'm not sure to be honest with you that it would work considering j214B changed. We know it wallbounce in the corner but this might be because they reduced the untech time midscreen.

Anyone saw a video where it was used midscreen and it had the same properties as the one we have right now ?

And we can just corner carry with wolf anyway which doesn't really use that much wolf with either the old IAD jA>jB route or IAD jB>jC so it's not really a big issue.

I actually didn't know they reduced the untech time on Mondlicht. That debunks that theory I guess, my bad.

No, I meant that if the untech time midscreen is the same as before, then yeah, your combo should work and will probably be the standard crouching human combo midscreen.

Though, if the angle or untech changed, there are still other things we can do but it uses more meter.

tk214B>9D>wjB>wjA (works in 1.1 too)
tk214B>6D>wjC>dwjB>3D>wjA (works too but kind of a waste of wolf gauge)
tk214B>delay 6D>wjA (doesn't work in 1.1 but will if the character falls faster)

I haven't, but if I'm honest I'd say that if the properties remain unchanged for tk.214B, we'd definitely be seeing it. It may be safe to assume that something has happened to it because the Valks are using some sub optimal combos as Stellar pointed out a while back. Most confirms which would go into the routes you outlined above are now going into sj.B > dj.A > j.B > dj.B > j.C enders.

Man, it has been a while. I need to do some catch-up.

Yeah man, good to see you.

Man, it has been a while. I need to do some catch-up.

Do you mind taking care of the combo thread if you're not too busy IRL ?

I'm fairly certain here everyone will agree that you're the best man for the job.

Yeah man, good to see you.

Same to you dude.

Do you mind taking care of the combo thread if you're not too busy IRL ?

I'm fairly certain here everyone will agree that you're the best man for the job.

Sure. Although Kiba is much more reliable and consistent than I am.

Just give me a day or two to set some time aside to watch the videos, re-organize my personal notes, and catch-up on all the changes. Should have it up relatively soon.

Kiba/you/whoever has permission can edit it whenever in-case I'm unavailable but I'll do my best to keep it up-to-date.  

Midscreen

w[j.A > 5C > 236A > 6D > j.D] > 2C > 6B > 2C > 5C > j.B > dj.B > j.C = 2.3k

Kiba does this switch sides? i believe this is doable on CP1.1 if the starter is w5A but it's tricky to go back to the original side (distance dependent)

So I did some digging and found somewhat good news regarding anti-air and beast cannon confirms.

If you watch this video you'll see that w.jA > 2C > TK.214B still works. Now, if our earlier discussion was correct, it means that the IAD > wj.AA route is out of the question. However, we can still go for stuff like w.ja > w.5B > IAD w.jB > 3D > w.jA > 2C > 236A > 3C. Midscreen you could just do 2C > j.BBC for the ender instead. The wallbounce on tk.214B would lead to new followups obviously, so that would be great for midscreen to corner confirms. Our corner carry is still somewhat intact, but I'm gonna keep investigating.

Hopefully this is actually useful information and I'm not just repeating shit people already know, haha.

Kiba does this switch sides? i believe this is doable on CP1.1 if the starter is w5A but it's tricky to go back to the original side (distance dependent)

It can be a side switch combo if you want. As you said getting back to the original side can be done but it's tricky.

So, what are everybody's thoughts on CP2 Valkenhayn? My opinion of him is almost finalized, so I'm a bit curious about what everybody else thinks at this point.  

Yes, it's possible in CP1.1 off of a w[5A] starter. Whether you end up side-switching or back on the original side is directly dependent upon the distance between you and your opponent before the w[5C > 236A].

For instance, if you did Max Range/Close to Max Range IOH w[j.A > 5C > 236A > 6D] > j.D > 2C > 6B > 2C > 5C > j.B > dj.B > j.C you'd end up back on your original side.

However, if you were closer you'd end up side-switching. This can also be said about w[5A > 5C > 236A], w[5C > 236A], or w[5B > 5C > 236A].

So yes, as you stated, it's all directly dependent upon distance. 

With Rising w[j.C] however, there is no compromise: Rising w[j.C > 5B > 5C > 236A, etc] will always bring you back to your original side regardless of distance before the w[5C > 236A].

In order to circumvent these distance issues you can add in w[6D > j.A > 5C] after the initial w[5C] and before the w[236A] at the cost of more wolf meter, and you'll always end up side-switching if you do. However, if you do this, you wont be able to do the full combo off of w[5A/j.A] and will only be able to do it off of N starters like w[5B/j.C/5C].

One more thing ....does 6B hit Amane? Because with all these changes 6B BETTER HIT ANANE