Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Master Of Chaos

XBLAZE: Lost memories announced

The original Touya was Suzuko's son. The Touya we know now is the Original Grimoire that was morphed into a human form by Hinata. From what I understand, the Original Grimoire turned into the black storm which consumed the facility, and Hinata merely condensed it down into the modern Touya.

So, did they explain what Touya really is/was before the Wadatsumi incident(and also the reason why he was there in the first place)?

Also, what/who exactly is Brain Cat?

And one last thing: I think you said, in one of your previous posts(not sure which thread) that Watashi used Nobody's memories and the grimoire in her eye to "recreate" Es, which then somehow finds Touya...or something like that...I should probably go look for that post and reread it 

:psyduck: .

Anyway, I was wondering...how exactly does Es end up back in Touya's time?

Kagari Touya was a young irregular Union who had the drive ability to manipulate blood. I don't think it was never named, but based on how Touya used it at the final battle it is probably Bloodedge.

He was brought to Wadatsumi in hope of curing him from the sickness. During the time there he met with the embryo, a girl with azure eyes and milk tea colored short hair with an ahoge who had been brought there to be the core for Takamagahara-system and open the Gate of Sheol.

However since the embryo was treated quite badly there, Touya decided to run away with her. But as they were about to get away, Takamagahara caught up to them and Touya used his drive to protect the girl. However the drive was too much for Touya and he became seithr. He died at the age of 6.

Nearly a year after, Takamagahara decided to try to use the original grimoire in hope of making the embryo open the gate of sheol.

During the tempering, the grimoire became a black storm, and the embryo heared a voice, and used Phenomena Intervention to turn the Original Grimoire into a copy of the dead Touya. After that the embryo turned herself into Hinata in hope of escaping from Unomaru.

Brain Cat is Ripper who tries to make Kiri drain seithr from Touya so that Ripper could become revived 100%, since Kiri is Ripper's corpse with a new personality.

As for Es returning, they were trying to change the past, into a new future(possibility), but for that to happen, a new variable had to be added. So they created a new Es, witout any real origin. She only appeared in the restricted ward and was found by Touya and Es-N as they searched for Union. She slowly regained her memories as Es, however her memories as Nobody did Watashi use as seithr to send Es to the world. Watashi needed that extra seithr, and she thought those memories wasn't needed since it could be too much for Es and break her heart again.

So what was the full story on Lost Memories.

To put it simple, it's the story of Es from when Unomaru created her, what she did during C:E and what happened to her after C:E. Most of the game was the story of C:E from Es point of view, as well as showing other things that happened at the same time that wasn't shown in C:E.

There were two main memories White(Watashi) and Blue(Es). There were also some sub memories that could be seen at anytime after gaining them trough riddles: Green(Hinata and Yuki) Red(Kuon) Violet(Mei) and Black(Touya).

The phantom field part was mostly about the growing friendship between Nobody and Watashi.

The game was mostly about answering some leftover questions from the last game.

Imouto, Kiri and Brain Cat is barely in the game.

To put it simple, it's the story of Es from when Unomaru created her, what she did during C:E and what happened to her after C:E. Most of the game was the story of C:E from Es point of view, as well as showing other things that happened at the same time that wasn't shown in C:E.

There were two main memories White(Watashi) and Blue(Es). There were also some sub memories that could be seen at anytime after gaining them trough riddles: Green(Hinata and Yuki) Red(Kuon) Violet(Mei) and Black(Touya).

The phantom field part was mostly about the growing friendship between Nobody and Watashi.

The game was mostly about answering some leftover questions from the last game.

Imouto, Kiri and Brain Cat is barely in the game.

So what happen in the end?

Nice, I'll have to wait sooner or later to pick up my copy, since as usual for most Aksys releases, sometimes the release date is the ship date, or if you're lucky, hopefully there at your local game store that has it in stock on release.

On chapter 4 right now, and I'm not really feeling how the game is done. The Phantom Field is boring and so much revisiting stuff from the first game. I hope it gets better, a least the tiny bit I have seen of events after Code Embryo ending, I liked it and I love "Me" personality and character design.

A minor complain I have is why they don't let you save and read previous lines of text when your are watching sub-memories?.

I've been watching a playthrough of it and I'm a little disappointed. A lot of it really just is rehashed C:E scenes.

Kiri and Brain Cat appear, like, 5 times as well. I've found most of it to be pretty boring if I'm being honest.

On chapter 4 right now, and I'm not really feeling how the game is done. The Phantom Field is boring and so much revisiting stuff from the first game. I hope it gets better, a least the tiny bit I have seen of events after Code Embryo ending, I liked it and I love "Me" personality and character design.

A minor complain I have is why they don't let you save and read previous lines of text when your are watching sub-memories?.

I've been watching a playthrough of it and I'm a little disappointed. A lot of it really just is rehashed C:E scenes.

Kiri and Brain Cat appear, like, 5 times as well. I've found most of it to be pretty boring if I'm being honest.

I just finished it today. If you've played Code Embryo to completion, the game starts awful because the first half is pretty much a re-telling of the entire first game. Apart from Hinata's and Touya's memories, all the other extra memories don't add much value to the story or universe. However, once you hit the moddle point of the game, it opens up and doesn't really let go until you're done. I'm really glad that I stuck with the game until the very end, the payoff was good. :)

Finally got the platinum! managed to get the game on black friday, now i completed both xblaze games

crearly a shorter game but still a very enjoyable game for people that liked the original , and gradly surprised and how big the role of ES was, expected the game to focus of the "new" little girls and ES being cameo or secondary at most, boy i was wrong, made me like her even more

I wonder if the new blazblue CF will reference xblaze in some way , this time 2 well know characters were heavily involved and affected by the events after all......

13 hours ago, ivanchu77 said:

I wonder if the new blazblue CF will reference xblaze in some way , this time 2 well know characters were heavily involved and affected by the events after all......

There seems to at least be three references to Xblaze currently in BBCF.
1st, Nine's stage is in Phantom Field.
2nd, Nine turns into her post L:M outfit(she doesn't wear her eyepatch any longer) in Amane's astral.
3rd, Nine seems to be using something in her left eye in her astral(you can see it burning).

And while not lore related, there are Xblaze reference colors for every character although I don't know if it's known yet how to get them.

Yeah, I was wondering when they'll do the sequel for steam, and now its coming, though I yet to still finish the steam port of the first game...lazyness. >.>

On 8/11/2016 at 4:48 AM, Danaiden said:

XBlaze Lost: Memories is now available. 20% discount until 17th of August.

Well, I got it, port runs fairly well the same as Code: Embryo did, the only disappointment in the steam version is that you can't name the protagonist, but you can in the console versions. Oh well...Now I'll probably have the time to finish both of them soon.