Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

akai_GO

Altron Gundam Discussion: *I* will determine justice!!

Altron_Gundam.jpg

Because I got the impression from the other threads that a lot of people intended to and were really excited about getting this new MS.

Here is the wiki page for all of the core information: http://www.dustloop.com/wiki/index.php?title=Altron_Gundam_(EXVSFB)

If there's anything you feel should be added to the page (comments, combos), by all means please do. Other than that, let questions, answers, and discussion be had here!

Man, that face when searching for images of Altron for the thread and 90% of them are of Endless Waltz Altron, and a remaining 9% are of model kits...

In short, learning the range of his main and CSa are absolutely vital. If you can hit consistently with these, it's a quite effective, quite annoying to fight machine. If you can't hit consistently with it, the worth you are contributing to the fight drops considerably I think. Your red lock range is based on your Sub, so you can't totally rely on it to tell you if you are in range or not, unless I guess if you look for the cross-hairs to also appear. If you fall short of range and an enemy just back-steps out of it, you're completely exposed to counterattack.

Also, if it is left to its own devices and allowed to get into a 1-on-1 against an enemy it also can be quite effective, but it takes some work and some partner assistance to get these opportunities.

Seems like his bread and butter move is 2b->CSa  or  2b>2b->CSa.

But thats like his only useful move in the game.

His 6b is so slow that I got countered pretty much 90% of the time.

BC is only useful when rescuing teammates.

Its quite hard to play an aggressive style with him.

o.. also.. his ab doesnt reload until you have used them all, which sometimes is a pain...

Just my observations so far:

1. I find myself using [AC] to start combos and escape opponents who rush at me.  It does more hits than Astray Blue Frame SL's Tactical Arms throw (four hits over its two) so opponents hit by it are staggered longer, giving you a big opening to exploit.

2. Unlike Tactical Arms, when you control throw the Three-beam Trident (4/6[AC]) it will go vertical and curve around in a small arc before returning.

3. It's possible to catch an opponent with [AC] after a combo, but you must be fast.

4. Of course, Altron's Extreme Burst Attack has limited invulnerability.

5. The [bC] follow-up launches opponents away, but can be followed up with another attack if you're quick.

Totally useless trivia!

If you pair Altron/Wufei with a Zeon character, at the beginning of the fight he will say, "Zeig Zeon?!"  "Sore ga omae no seigi ka!" T/L "Zeig Zeon?!" "Show me your justice!"

If you pair Altron/Wufei with Zaku III/Mashimyre, at the beginning of the fight he will say, "Haman-sama? Sore ga omae no seigi-err..Ii da." T/L "Lady/Ms. Haman? Show me your justice-err, that's okay."

Also, movelist:

Movelist

[A] Dragon Hand

[CSa] Dragon Hand (double)

Three-Beam Trident

[AB] Beam Cannon

4 Shots before reload.

[AC] Three Beam Trident (throw)

5[AC] is a straight horizontal throw

4/6[AC] is an arc-curving throw that makes the trident go vertical

[bC] Dragon Hand (grab)

This pulls Altron TO the opponent and stuns them briefly.

Press [A] to do a follow-up combo that launches the opponent away in an arc.

Press to do follow-up attack that launches opponent away at an arc.

[ABC] Extreme Bust Attack (can't read the name)

Long auto-combo with limited invulnerability

Yeah if you want a trap setup or melee intercept before you start your combo [AC] is typically better than Sub. Sub does 2.0 Down/-30% proration, while [5/8/2AC] does 0.2 Down/-4% proration per hit, and [4/6AC] 0.6 Down/-10% proration per hit, so is much kinder to your next attacks.

Although, you should get much better damage out of using CSa finisher rather than just >A, and it charges fast enough that you can go zerofull during most combos.

Yeah if you want a trap setup or melee intercept before you start your combo [AC] is typically better than Sub. Sub does 2.0 Down/-30% proration, while [5/8/2AC] does 0.2 Down/-4% proration per hit, and [4/6AC] 0.6 Down/-10% proration per hit, so is much kinder to your next attacks.

Although, you should get much better damage out of using CSa finisher rather than just >A, and it charges fast enough that you can go zerofull during most combos.

Can you do the proration from all three follow-ups?  I mean [A], [CSa], and [AC]?

I was able to land BOTH [AC] and [bC] as a follow-up in the same combo, but the last hit will whiff.

A and CSa, their proration rates aren't known because they both are 1hit downs, and after you down an enemy and they recover proration resets (also after 3s of no attacking passes). What you're describing about hitting with AC and BC in a combo sounds like a matter of Down and not proration (how much less damage the next attack in a combo does).

I don't have the proration for the combos all written out (just the core attacks), but I did just update the wiki page's combo section with a number of AC starter combos, as wells as filling in the 2B section I'd forgotten previously.

Pressing A leads into the long combo, pressing B leads into the launching kick (the wiki is updated with this info). That being said, if you ever find yourself unable to pull something off during a melee combo, it will almost always be found by pressing A, BC, or 8/4/6/2B depending on how it started. Just some general advice that i've found useful in training on the fly.

A few more things to add:

1. [A] seems to completely bypass shield buffs like GunEZ's Shike Team barrier and God Gundam's God Shadow.  Not sure if it can reach through funnel-type or shield bit-type barriers.

2. [AC] can neutralize shield buffs in one throw.  Not sure if it can completely cut away ABC mantles (Crossbone gundams) and chobham armor (ALEX).

3. You can get all hits of 5BBBB-[AC]-[bC]-AAAA for about 12 hits.

Back when Altron first dropped and I was still messing around with Zaku III, [A] was able knock Mashmyre out of Pressure in one hit as well. Unless Quebely/The O/Acguy/Messala have more super armor than Zaku III (which hopefully they do), I imagine [A] and CSa are pretty legit anti-pressure tools. I'm unsure if this applies to Dragon as well, nor have I seen it against other super armor such as those in standard EX Burst attacks.

How do you do Altron's flame shot?  I managed to do it once by accident, but it's not listed in his command list.

It's a melee followup, not an armament. Press ~A after the first and second stage attacks of both 5B and 6B

To do the twin kick follow up its BC -> B, the Dragon fang combo it's BC -> A. As a note, when the BC lands you have to immediately input which branch you want, there's not enough time to choose after it hits so you need to know which combo you want when starting it.

As a note, when the BC lands you have to immediately input which branch you want, there's not enough time to choose after it hits so you need to know which combo you want when starting it.

This. I mention this in the wiki, and this could be why you are having trouble or inconsistency. With Dragon Gundam's version it gives you a kind of window of time in which you can put in the followup. Altron you'd better know which one you plan to use before you even use the [bC], because you need to pick basically right when the arms hit, or you're going to be left just dangling in the air in front of them for a second before dropping to the ground, feeling like a huge idiot for having dropped that damage opportunity ><