Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

JerEzeSin

EX-Sol Tyrant Rave A vs Ky Ride the Lightning

I have a question. what happens when these two move activate at the same time? or rather why this is the result I get? Me EX-Sol Tyrant Rave Alpha my friend did Ride the lightning. my Tyrant Rave pushed him from in front of me to the other side of the screen. His move then hit me for the full 5 hits leaving ky undamaged. How come? I mean it wasn't like my tension attack went first or anything. They both sparked at the same time. so thanks in advance for reading and even more if you have an answer. this happened like a few weeks ago and I just remembered to post it up here. I'm not sure what the rules are for posting the same topic in two boards but it happened to be sol and ky so I hope it's ok

Ex Sol's TRA has a slow start up that leaves him vulnerable so he can be hit easily out of it by higher priority attacks, like Ky's RTL. It's got some pretty beneficial properties though once Sol start moving. For the first few frames, the flame shield has projectile canceling properties allowing Sol to not be affected by projectiles and barrel right into an opponent and can lead to CH if the opponent doesn't use/have frc. Also seems have some invul frames I think somewhere during the rush, so say Ky used RTL first and is far enough away(highly doubt players would use the OD at all much less from a distance, but...) and Ex Sol could ram through it. All I really remember at the moment.

RTL can be offset and cancelled by nearly anything if people see it ahead of time, and Ky can still get hit by projectiles which is LAME. Sacred Edge, Lightning Sphere, and Stun Raise are much more effective. EX T.R. has Wall Stick, which is about the only thing good it has going for it. Best to use it as a followup to VV-Sidewinder CL EX Move when they bounce back from the wall. You can use it for 6H though.

ok cool. well me and my friend sometimes do stupid attacks and he wanted to see if he could be Tyrant Rave A with Ride the Lightning. I'll let him know. Thanks Unimportant Guy and Blade