Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ventus Tatshima

[XRD] Sin Kiske Gameplay Discussion "Playing with Poles"

Noticed that no one had made a thread for our favorite Flag warrior so.... I guess when more info shown or gameplay footage becomes available we'll already have a thread at the ready i suppose

The flag should look like a flag during some attacks. Otherwise it would look like he's just swinging a pole.

And you still post the dumbest things possible. Who cares if it's a flag, he uses it like a pole. Order Sol's supposed to have a sword but it looks like a giant piece of cement, so what?

And I can't believe Tapatalk actually still shows me your posts. I thought Xrd was crap to you anyway.

Now onto more serious things, I've had a weird and random dream about how Sin plays. His chaotic playstyle was on par with Order Sol's. He had better pokes but terrible damage output and little combo routes if out of hunger meter. His normals were also very varied in terms of range vs speed. Longer pokes seemed slower than Ky's for the most part but he also had very short but fast/advantageous attacks (akin to HOS) that allowed him to rush like a mad man.

I just hope he doesn't play just like Ky with less range and special-special cancels. I'm crossing my fingers on a more Order Sol-like character considering the fact that I doubt he's coming out anytime soon. I hope for a type of eat-cancels that will allow for creative pressure.

Don't mind me. Just dropping off info from the Xrd news and gameplay discussion thread before it becomes a hassle to retrieve it.

Sin reveal scan, courtesy of the Great Kurushii

Famitsu Article with tons of screens

SoWL translation of some things said in the Famitsu Article

The online version of the Sin article is up:
http://www.famitsu.com/news/201407/10056767.html
I'll translate the main points in a minute.
- The article mentions multiple times how great Sin's range is, being able to pressure the opponent from half a screen away.
- When his hunger gauge runs out, you're not paralyzed, just can't use any specials.
- Other than that, it just describes the moves depicted on screenshots and talks about how powerful and simple the special cancel mechanic is.

Now onto more serious things, I've had a weird and random dream about how Sin plays. His chaotic playstyle was on par with Order Sol's. He had better pokes but terrible damage output and little combo routes if out of hunger meter. His normals were also very varied in terms of range vs speed. Longer pokes seemed slower than Ky's for the most part but he also had very short but fast/advantageous attacks (akin to HOS) that allowed him to rush like a mad man.

That is weird. I also had a dream where I was playing as/watching someone play as Sin. He kept doing what looked like Ensenga, so sorry guys, if my dream is to be trusted, we won't be seeing Johnny.

I never played GG2, but I feel like his playstyle won't resemble Ky's a ton. It seems possible that he'll have the same sort of medium distance poking thing going on simply because of the size of his weapon. Being as he has the special cancel mechanic, I doubt he'll have a bunch of projectiles ala Ky (which is a pretty big aspect of what makes Ky play the way he does). It would seem kind of uncreative to give him that mechanic and make a big part of it cancelling projectiles into projectiles. I am guessing it'll be a more combo/pressure centric sort of thing.

Of course, this is all pretty much baseless conjecture.

That is weird. I also had a dream where I was playing as/watching someone play as Sin. He kept doing what looked like Ensenga, so sorry guys, if my dream is to be trusted, we won't be seeing Johnny.

I never played GG2, but I feel like his playstyle won't resemble Ky's a ton. It seems possible that he'll have the same sort of medium distance poking thing going on simply because of the size of his weapon. Being as he has the special cancel mechanic, I doubt he'll have a bunch of projectiles ala Ky (which is a pretty big aspect of what makes Ky play the way he does). It would seem kind of uncreative to give him that mechanic and make a big part of it cancelling projectiles into projectiles. I am guessing it'll be a more combo/pressure centric sort of thing.

Of course, this is all pretty much baseless conjecture.

I wouldn't him being a temporary replacement for Order Sol, because I know that they re most likely not going to add him anytime soon, considering he's still, after all, Sol.

I personally doubt they'd replace Johnny. He's a very popular character, especially in Japan. His style's very unique and I wouldn't even be surprised he'd be the next character after Sin. Whether it is through DLC or as part of the console roster.

He should be the next. Hints in some of the arcade story (specifically may) tells me that he should be. Sin I still think is going to midscreen to charge rushdown though.

I was kidding about him replacing Johnny, I was just making a a joke based on my dream.

I could imagine him being akin to Order Sol in some manner, at the very least because of the charge mechanic, but I still expect there to be pretty huge differences.

Leaving this here before it gets lost in the avalanche of posts

Was it already revealed that SIn isn't even a part of the default roster in the console version, or did that Famitsu scan just announce it?

This part of the scan. There's this text written:

シン
1. ゲームをプレイして貯めた"W$" (ゲーム内通貨)でアンロックする
2. アンロックDLCを購入 (150円)

Sin
1. Collect W$ (In-game currency) by playing the game and unlock him
2. Buy DLC to unlock him (150 yen)

For those who haven't seen it yet, Suzaku updated his translation of Sin's profile with a translation of his command land list. I'm guessing "Cause I'm a Growing Boy" (214HS) is the command that makes him eat, lol. I wonder how long gobbling down that food will take.

I'm laughing at the thought of Action Hunger Cancels after finishing combos in aerial Beak Driver like Order Sol.

First Gameplay Footage of Sin

Stuff I noted: 

- As promised, this character has some good range on his normals
- Using specials when his Hunger gauge is empty seeems to make him go into a forced "Man, I'm starving" animation 
- Seems to have 3 different levels of eating. Short animation = small hunger gauge recovery, Medium animation = medium hunger gauge recovery, long animation = large hunger gauge recovery
- Seems to have a command hop by using his pole as a catapult?
- his RTL goes forward at first but then goes diagonally up. Funky. 
- Fireball super seems good for covering refilling some hunger gauge. 

I like what I saw.

His RTL seems controllable to some extent, or it has more than one variation. The first time it is done in the video it goes right, up-right, up left. The second time it ends with him going right again (into the wall). I believe someone mentioned it was controllable in GG2, so I wouldn't be surprised.

I like that you can refill after knockdown, which was one of the things that I was wondering about. His RTL is multi-angled as expected. All in all he doesnt look at all terrible.

A controllable RTL? If it's true, that would be pretty neat. Not quite sure how to best make use of it though. Maybe I'll get some ideas with more gameplay footage. 

I like that you can refill after knockdown, which was one of the things that I was wondering about. His RTL is multi-angled as expected. All in all he doesnt look at all terrible.

Yeah, Refill after knockdown is definitely nice. I'm very curious to see the strategy of managing the hunger gauge develop. With the 3 different levels of eating, it feels like there's a lot of flexibility here. 

Hope more footage gets released of Sin though. I want to see what he can really do if he goes nuts with Hunger gauge. 

While Sin looks fun, I REALLY hope he is not a HOS replacement. They look different enough that I hope one day Order Sol comes back.

I'm a HOS mainer and I have to say that Sin's most likely a better fit for me. Much to my surprise, I might like him more than good ol' Order Sol.

But yeah, I agree with you. I hope they bring him back eventually. Thing is, it might take a while since people would cry: PROTAGONIST CLONE.

More gameplay footage

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eiuUE1smi34
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SS2QKB2ltzw
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ALizriqAVy4

Taking back what I said about the levels of eating. After more observation, it seems to be based on how hungry you are when you eat. If the hunger gauge is empty, eating seems to give you back about 60-66% of the gauge. If the gauge is about less than half full, eating gives about 30-33% and if you are above half full, eating recovers the gauge by a small amount.