Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ventus Tatshima

[XRD] Sin Kiske Gameplay Discussion "Playing with Poles"

Growing Boy is a Special, so I'm not sure why that was called into question.

Real talk, Sin probably won't have many safe options, especially not up close and a blocked anything > Growing Boy will certainly be punishable, so confirming a hit before cancel will be important. Also keep in mind that you are sacrificing oki every time you use Growing Boy so you're basically allowing the opponent to regain footing. This may change once we get to see how RC can be applied, but that just means Sin might end up . . . meter hungry :kitty:

Also I doubt Hawk will be a good option on its own, on raw counter hit the opponent recovers faster than you . . . This was the inconsistency I was talking about, but reviewing footage again, it looks like Hawk's strength actually comes from the hit stun/state of whatever it was canceled off of (ex. Elk causing the opponent to be airborne so canceling into Hawk gave a good lift). As a reversal it will be absolute trash but it will make for good combo filler. It might not be a good starter through, depending on gap and speed of cancels.

Because it's always a possibility ASW did not allow the option, I was just making sure and I'm glad I did!

Also, I was asking about canceling growing boy on block, not on hit. It wouldn't make a lot of sense to go for it on every knockdown, I agree.

I think that the general consensus on Hawk is that it does suck, raw. But canceling it into beak driver most likely makes it safe for the most part (probably not from blitzshields though?). As a starter, it might require pretty quick reactions, but I doubt it's that hard to pick up. Especially for whoever has played Order Sol and know his CH 2D/5HS CC followups.

The hitstun might not be really long, but I'm pretty sure it's sufficient to cancel it into other specials without too much trouble. I think that it has a lot to do with active frames looking somewhat short and recovery being long. Correct me if I'm wrong though.

Regardless, I CANNOT WAIT TO PLAY THIS DUDE, OMG.

5HS(?)

Captured from 60fps footage; I'm willing to do more, but it is kind of a tedious task and what we have is limited, so just want to see if anyone has any interest in this first lol

5HS(?)

Captured from 60fps footage; I'm willing to do more, but it is kind of a tedious task and what we have is limited, so just want to see if anyone has any interest in this first lol

Hell yeah!

I mean, I think I know most of his normals except his Air ones and his 6 and D normals(except 2D which is obvious).

EDIT: That is most def 5HS(Elven Shadow confirmed this).

I made a blog post about my thoughts on Sin. Personal opinions, etc.

http://ibrandino.blogspot.com/2014/09/guilty-gear-xrd-tgs-2014-sin-impressions.html

Is it strange that I had almost the exact same thoughts on Sin? 

he seems pretty solid from the get-go, as you mentioned his DP and the fact you can cancel it is incredible

that and I can't see him having too many bad matchups from what I've seen so far

He already seems to destroy Potemkin judging from TGS footage, Beak driver (I believe the two hit forward dark poke is) eats Potemkin's armoured dash and it seems like a good starter on top of that

Sin seems to be what I wanted for CT Hakumen before he got CS'ed, Zantetsu separated into individual High/Low moves, lower consumption of meter for specials, better movement and the ability to charge/recharge meter with a special. 

I have the fear Sin will turn out a little '1 dimensional' with time. Hopefully his special cancels will not have Kagura frame data.  

All the things I was hoping got confirmed. I am really excited to main him aside my Faust. I love his playstyle, pressure, hunger meter management and his specials look amazing. I want to play the GAME please!

So as long as you have food meter you can cancel into special moves?  From the video with Pachi it looked like he comboed Hawk Breaker, Beak Driver, Elk Hunt, 'Cause Im a Growing Boy.

yep. Takes awhile to startup sadly :/ 
Need to take some time to get used to the 214s once it hit someone off the air and hit them with the charged 236HS to optimize combo :d
Just updated the post with another video btw.

Post your question here about the character. I'll try my best to answer your question :/

Seems like if you want to play "lame" (somebody started a thread about that on this board if I remember right) Sin makes a pretty solid choice, no? I'm sure it's partially match-up dependent but it seems like he can use his insane range to keep poking his opponent from a safe distance. 
And wanting to eat would keep you from rushing in after the opponent after combos, thus accentuating the "lameness".

Oh I wasn't calling you lame or anything, nor am I saying that "lameness" is neccesarily a bad thing. We just recently had a thread here I think about somebody being new to GG and wondering what characters work for "lame" play.
Seeing more of Sin in action just made me feel like he might be the top choice for somebody who likes to go with that sort of playstyle. I didn't quite realize just how far his reach is until now, and was also amazed he can poke through gunflame at 3/4 screen.

Still, I'm sure he could work as a rushdown for a chunk of time, as his bar does seem to take like what, 5 - 6 specials to fully deplete when you're at half hunger meter? Does Sin have any moves that would work really well oki though? I can't quite tell myself.

I'm sure that he can combo after "ride the lightning remix" with 2s. Never tried anything more hits after that 2s.
As for the 214s. it's not "full" range.. I'll give it around 5.5-6.5 out of 10 of the screen ;d

You can really hurt someone if it hits counter "like real painful" as you can kinda do a loop at the corner. (214s 236 charged HS 214S 236charged hs)

well.. it kinda took 45%- of millia health on a non counter hit with 214s 236k 236s :/

can deal more damge if you wanna do Million stabs after 236s

How many levels of charge does Beak Driver have? from the matchs Iv seen, looks like 3 (normal, half and full charge).

How difficult are the combos? I saw you miss the slide after Bull Bash afew times, I was expecting this to be an easy part of his combo.

What character/s does Sin 'feel like' or remind you of? (If any)

@ brandinoli
The dp got somewhat an unique hitbox and miss if they jump if you do this on wakeup "yep serious on this"
oh yeah. it's unsafe on HIT if you didn't cancel another move after you hit someone.
can't cancel on whiff too so yeah :/

@Yukikaze (godlike name)
Beak driver got only 2 kinds. normal and full charge. 

combos r easy. Ps4 pad is weird for me :/

reminds me of romance of the three kingdom arcade game character! jk. 
Somewhat like hakumen as you requires "meat bar" to use the commands

His poking is good. (2s and 5fs) 
You can use the leap "no idea what's the name" to get some kind of mixup like for example
the jHs basically hits low instead of high if you're low enough "yep srs on this. i tested it multiple time"
if you leap over him and do j214s (a move that swings his spear down to upwards fking fast), it will be a crossup "non overhead"

uhh... oh yeah he got this "powered Ky 236hs" super but it takes some time to startup..

<-- need more question to remember what his missed out

oh yeah. DAMN STRAWBERRIES GRENADES FROM ELPHELT! 

Unique theme songs for Sin Kiske vs Sol too for you music guru :D

You can listen sin theme song @ the pot match.

the jHs basically hits low instead of high if you're low enough "yep srs on this. i tested it multiple time"

I know you said "srs on this"... but.... but are you serious on this?

Is there a single other move in GG that works that way?

I know you said "srs on this"... but.... but are you serious on this?

Is there a single other move in GG that works that way?

yep. I kinda got someone to block high all the way and i did 236hs 214b then jhs. it hits low and we r like wtf?