Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ventus Tatshima

[XRD] Sin Kiske Gameplay Discussion "Playing with Poles"

This needs to be discussed, I thought Beak Driver would be shutting down the projectile game at midscreen, turns out I was wrong:

2cz68bc.jpg

Also got kinda hyped that i just realized Sin still has Big Beak Driver as well from Overture. The animation just differs from Overture into Xrd, as well as the input for it (it needs to be charged in Xrd).

EDIT:

Couple of things I noticed.

Bull Bash's utility is more spacing dependent than Beak Driver because is a 2 hit special with the first hit nullifying projectiles it comes into contact with. Bull Bash simply has a weird hitbox so projectiles may still hit you on recovery.

RTL (I'm comparing it to Ky's), will be hated in the first week or month of the game dropping simply because people won't know how to block/punish it unlike most supers. Controlling it means you could probably make it less unsafe on bloc potentially. It doesn't seem to have projectile nullification like Ky's own, but also seems to be more damaging than Ky's.

Finally it seems to have very fast activation since it punished a whiffed 5k from Sol which most likely has a recovery of "13[7]", which I think means 7 frames of recovery. Someone correct me if I'm wrong on Sol's 5k frame data. If it's true, then Sin's RTL is gonna be hella fast lol and good for punishing poor spaced moves.

Someone said something about Sin's oki tools, his projectile super seems to do just that, it more very slow for a reason, unlike Ky's Sacred Edge which is used for zoning or combos. I would say he has a lot of versatility due to his strong midrange, he was very much like that in Overture. Very strong midrange that outright dominated other characters.

Looking forward to playing against this character, I don't think I'd used him other than to troll people.

This needs to be discussed, I thought Beak Driver would be shutting down the projectile game at midscreen, turns out I was wrong:

2cz68bc.jpg

Also got kinda hyped that i just realized Sin still has Big Beak Driver as well from Overture. The animation just differs from Overture into Xrd, as well as the input for it (it needs to be charged in Xrd).

EDIT:

Couple of things I noticed.

Bull Bash's utility is more spacing dependent than Beak Driver because is a 2 hit special with the first hit nullifying projectiles it comes into contact with. Bull Bash simply has a weird hitbox so projectiles may still hit you on recovery.

RTL (I'm comparing it to Ky's), will be hated in the first week or month of the game dropping simply because people won't know how to block/punish it unlike most supers. Controlling it means you could probably make it less unsafe on bloc potentially. It doesn't seem to have projectile nullification like Ky's own, but also seems to be more damaging than Ky's.

Finally it seems to have very fast activation since it punished a whiffed 5k from Sol which most likely has a recovery of "

13[7]", which I think means 7 frames of recovery. Someone correct me if I'm wrong on Sol's 5k frame data. If it's true, then Sin's RTL is gonna be hella fast lol and good for punishing poor spaced moves.

Someone said something about Sin's oki tools, his projectile super seems to do just that, it more very slow for a reason, unlike Ky's Sacred Edge which is used for zoning or combos. I would say he has a lot of versatility due to his strong midrange, he was very much like that in Overture. Very strong midrange that outright dominated other characters.

Looking forward to playing against this character, I don't think I'd used him other than to troll people.
Sol 5k is only 7 frames in DI. Thats what the brackets mean. Regardless, pushing what was possibly 13 frames of neutral game is pretty good.

Ye Bull Bash whiffed in quite alot of situations, where I thought it would hit and RTL follow up hits also whiffed quite alot. Does RTL have any startup invun?

RChusan, (From the vids) it seems Sin's moves do not put the opponent in alot of block or hitstun. SD seemed to be about even, in situations Sin should be + IMO (DP for example).  

What do you think? (it maybe just hit confirm > combo needs to be quick.) 

Thanks for the info, are you the guy with the glasses? 

Thanks for the info, are you the guy with the glasses? 
oh shit :/

yep. I'm the one that stole the first place with scorpion +_+

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bubT_DJXmMQ

As for the projectile super, just imaging ky 236hs :p

RTL does have invul at the start, not sure about the rest of the duration.

I forgotten to use Million stabs @ the tournament so please don't count that out. You can rapid after the stabs and combo it with 236k 236hS.

@Rchusan I noticed in the videos, that you didn't cancel into food on a block string.  Can you not cancel into food on a block string or is it really unsafe?  Say for instance you get a max range Beak Diver blocked, can you cancel into food and be safe? 

I'm pretty sure you can. I saw pachi in his exhibition against FAB cancel it from 2D on hit. So it would totally make sense if you can do it on block. 

Now whether it's safe or not has yet to be seen. 

Yes you can cancel to eat food on a block string but... I'm SUREEEEEEEEEEEEEE you will get punished for that if they r looking out for it :P

Well you got to time "rapid" after you eat the food or you will cancel the "eating" animation before you regain your "meat meter".

interesting, i didn't know doing a special costed a small amount of food meter

i thought the act of canceling costing food meter, not just performing a special without any cancels.

i thought the act of canceling costing food meter, not just performing a special without any cancels.

If my eyes aren't deceiving me I do believe that using one special by itself (at least when missing with it, can't confirm connections) looks like it uses less meter than cancelling from one special to the next. I could be wrong though - quality on streaming videos isn't exactly high...

Yes you can cancel to eat food on a block string but... I'm SUREEEEEEEEEEEEEE you will get punished for that if they r looking out for it :P

Well you got to time "rapid" after you eat the food or you will cancel the "eating" animation before you regain your "meat meter".

I'm thinking you can YRC it depending on what move you make them block. 

Something I think would definitely be worth looking into. 

Foods r srs business >.<

Please gimme an example what you wanna try! ^^

Honestly I just want to see what strings can you make eating food YRC'able before and after you eat food.

I want to see people combo into eating food, RC to continue the combo into eating more food, and RC again to combo and eat more food.  Foods on foods on foods.

This character needs Action Eat Charges after performing specials with this character.

I disagree. His eat charge is a lot more like action charge than Order Sol's regular charge, as it has a set amount of active frames.

No mas!