Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ventus Tatshima

[XRD] Sin Kiske Gameplay Discussion "Playing with Poles"

Don't have video of it, but Sin can actually just punish GV with 6HS after bursting it.

Or if you still want to do the 2hs combo midscreen you can do 2H (2hits)>5H>6H>236K>2P>5S>5HS>236K>236H for 184 dmg

Well since we saw both Dogura and Min do it, I thought I't be nice to explain how the jH>j214S mixup works ! This is known tech for many Sin players but  if it can help some or just act as a refresher, it's prolly worth it !

Whenever you manage to get a midscreen knockdown with 236K,2D; 5H into 214H or the stuff >2D>236K>623S>214S>214H combo (doesn't allow you to get the mixup on Potemkin because he is too fat), you can IAD other them as they wake-up, and  get your j.H to hit in a way that allows it to combo into j214S, which is normally impossible if the jH doesn't hit as a Counter Hit.It's a bit harder than it looks to and have some chara specifics linked to it, even if it technically works on the whole cast !

Conditions for success are :

- You need to hit j.H as you begin falling from your airdash, or a tiny bit before that : too early and j214S whiffs, too late and it doesn't come out. The window for it is quite lenient  for most charas once you get used to it though !

- you must hit with the  back hitbox of j.H's first hit (early active frames). It means you must hit j.H as you are just above their head and slightly behind. If you did it correctly, the j.H should vacuum them towards you and have a significant hitstun

- j.H must hit meaty or almost meaty : the whole thing connects better if you it them in that specific point in their wake-up where  they're neither standing or crouching.

Pros

- Meterless mixup into meterless conversion (you can follow-up wit 5H on a majority of the cast, and following it up with j.S is universal)

-Decent damage (It's Sin anyway, but you get somethng like 170 meterless which is nice)

- Very + on normal block : your opponent will have to commit to something if he doesn't want to get pressured after this

-Beats normal mashing and  reverses DP inputs or cause most of them to whiff/clash since j.H's hurtbox is relatively small. You can use it to call out those, in addition of being an actual mixup

Cons

- Reactable if the mixup is expected, especially since you need specific knockdowns, and they need to be midscreen

-Loses to Blitz and to most backdashes : both cases mean a relatively free punish (To be fair backdash won't happen that often since you need to do a reverse backdash with reversal timing xD)

- Consistency depends on the character you're facing : easy on most of them, slighlty inconsistent on some charas, highly inconsistent against Leo, and requires to hit with the pixel of justice against Faust. You also need to slightly change your timing depending on their wake-up speed

All-in-all, a relatively nice, but situational mixup, that really shines when it's not expected as it puts you in an advantageous situation whether it hits or is blocked. It can be blown easily by a player who knows better so don't abuse it !

Also using this post to give my belated gratz to Faultydefense gettng 3rd place at CEOtaku  with Sin !

-

Just asking this quickly :

- is there a Skype group for Sin peeps ? If yes I'd like to pin this in a separate threadso that people can access it easily

If there isn't : Who would be interested in a Discord server/Skype group (according to preferences) ?

-

So will you or someone else explain how the skype group works? didn't even know that was a thing. Is it like a video chatroom? do you schedule times to meet with others? 

10 minutes ago, KentoHardRok said:

So will you or someone else explain how the skype group works? didn't even know that was a thing. Is it like a video chatroom? do you schedule times to meet with others? 

It's basically just a chat in which we gather all the people that play/are interested in Sin for discussion, chilling out, matchmaking and so on. You can also do voice discussions, but it's a bit bothersome in Skype since it'shard to separate those who want to chat from those who want to speak to each other. Discord is a server-based app with chat rooms and  voice rooms, so it's actually more practical, even though, it's not as popular as Skype !

I don't know what happened to the matchup sub forums so I'll post this here:

These are my thoughts on the May matchup. Please correct me or feel free to add anything I've missed out:

She's extremely mobile but her normals are quite poor on the ground so it stands to reason she's going to be in the air a lot. Don't commit heavily on the ground unless it is a punish and it'll reduce the likelihood of you getting hit by one of her jumpins.

Control the ground by always being at max beak driver range and punishing her when she does either dolphin or otter so you get CH. Avoid spamming his higher normals in neutral because she can just 6P and body your shit. Don't be afraid to run up in neutral and just sweep because your range is slightly bigger than hers.

In terms of her pressure, I like to use FD because she gets pushed back so easily and you get a bit of breathing space since she's not in her effective range anymore. Be extra vigilant of IAD's off far slash because she can cover herself with j. S j. HS so always aim to throw out a pre-emptive 6P or airthrow.

Her otter setups are heavily spacing dependent. If she's right on top of you and jumps forward, it will always cross up. If she neutral jumps and then IADs, it crosses up. If she's a bit further away and then jumps forward, it doesn't cross up.

If she does a long blockstring and is at risk of being pushed out, they can do 6HS to get back in or punish jump out attempts. Be wary of this and try to interrupt her with DP or a normal.

Don't fuck with her outside of pre-emptive j.P's if you're below her in the air because her air hitbox normals are all just so fucking good.

Some extra things to consider:

- She can easily bait reversals and bursts so be careful on your defense because if she punishes you, it will hurt BAAAAAD

- You're pretty safe to burst her since she's got a lot of moves that put her next to during combos/pressure but to be safe, only burst in the corner or during IAD's midscreen. Definitely don't try to burst her beach ball setup because she's safe if she does it properly

- Respect her wakeup if she's got 50% meter and don't commit to anything big either because she can just use whale and destroy you because you've been counterhit

To answer your question, new MU threads are centralized on the main page, under Xrd Section, you have a Matchup directory and several threads with MUs, you should find the threads there

I'll transfer your post in its rightful place, thanks again or the contribution !

Need some advice: 

As long as I have been playing sin I cannot land his corner jk>js>jk loop. I can get the iad after 5H but the jk comes too late to connect. What do you guys do to help with that, either the input or the timing? After 5H I hit 9 then 6 but there is a good bit of delay between the two because the jump cancel input is pretty forgiving but to get that iad I have to hit 6 as soon as he jumps. It seems like my jk is always late and they recover. Any details help!

You might not be hitting the opponent with 5h high enough. The hitbox on the 5h is a lot higher than the animation would suggest. Also you might be trying the loop on a floatier character, which is significantly harder to get the height just right without going too high or too low.

well airdash loops are tricky, first make sure you're doing the IAD>j.K as soon as possible. You actually need to hit the j.K with the good timing, and buffer the IAD fast enough after hitting 5H.

Once you're confident with your timing, you need to constantly be able to hit 5H at he max height at which you can hit it. There are several ways to do this, just pick them depending on what you're more comfortable with.

-After 623S/ 214S/236[H] in the corner : 214P/K (j.S>j.P)>j.K : Simply, the more hit you put in this, the higher you'll knock them. It's mostly only j.K for light chars, j.S>j.K for mid and heavy weights and j.S>j.P>j.K  for Pochumkin

-Just before 5H, you can put either c.S or 2H(2). first one will knock them a bit higher, and second one will knock them a lot higher.

- after the 5H near the corner, if you see they aren't high enough, you can opt for jump j.K>j.S>j.K instead of IAD j.K>j.S>j.K. the second 5H should hit them a lot higher for you to continue with a normal loop. you can control how high you knock them up by delaying or not delaying the first j.K. you can't do this past the second loop because of pushback though, so keep it to get a good start on your loop

-If you get a 5H to knock them really high but have trouble keeping up the loop, you can replace IAD j.K>j.S>j.K but IAD j.S>j.K>c.S>5H or IAD> J.S>j.P>j.K : both of them should help you getting max height 5Hs consistently against heavier/tricky hitboxes chars

There are other tricks for this, but just test those and see which one allows you to consistently get the max height 5H to get reliable loops. Getting used to weight classes can be tricky as NagorB said, just keep at it and find a way to do them comfortably on all weight classes

if you mean doing a Discord chat, it's already done, quite a few of us are there already, there is a separate thread for this in the Sin forum. Normally the invites should work, so you can join at any time, if not be sure to leave a post there so that I can see what I can do !

we have people from all over the place,so it depends EU peeps tend to post/discuss stuff in what is morning/afternoon in US. I don't really check since I'm already in bed by that time but US peeps leave a few posts/discussions in the evening . Best bet is still to see who is online and leave a message^^

Latest Sin gimmick, used by DC ! it involves R-T-L left/right mixups that are very expensive(100 meter) but can potentially allow you to deal insane damage !
 Valas was kind enough to demonstrate this in a video, so instead of my usual boring explanations, you get to see it in action !!

Hey guys, I just signed up to this forum and count me in on that Discord thing.

I'm pretty new to fighting games in general and just picked up GG Xrd a few weeks ago. I've been able to get some wins in casual matches with Ky but I've been completely destroyed in others. My name in Discord is the same as here: xarop_pa_toss so feel free to call me to the server once it's up!!

On 5/1/2016 at 11:40 AM, xarop_pa_toss said:

Hey guys, I just signed up to this forum and count me in on that Discord thing.

I'm pretty new to fighting games in general and just picked up GG Xrd a few weeks ago. I've been able to get some wins in casual matches with Ky but I've been completely destroyed in others. My name in Discord is the same as here: xarop_pa_toss so feel free to call me to the server once it's up!!

Server is up, you can find an invite in a separate thread in this forum ! if it doesn't work, PM me and I'll send you an invite manually !

Hey, just wanted to pop buy here and ask if everyone is aware of this beastly Sin player, goes by julius belmont (at least on youtube he does) 

You can catch him on this youtube channel, lots of godly players here: 

He really manages to make good use of Sin's pressure tools and makes his oki very strong. HIs youtube channel has a lot of tricks and tools for Sin players. My apologies if you guys are all aware of him already though.

Yup, we do, more footage of him has been conveniently timestamped in the R thread if you want to see more of him ! (named Dry-Ace there)